PDA

View Full Version : I believe Batman Arkham Asylum 3D glasses will work with Revelations...

GeneralTrumbo
10-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Doing some research, it shows that Batman Arkham actually uses TriOviz 3D technology for its 3D. So that leads me to believe that the glasses that come with the Game of the Year Edition of this game can be used with Assassins Creed Revelations. =)

You can see proof of this here:
http://www.trioviz.com/en/cons...e/video-games/batman (http://www.trioviz.com/en/consumer/3d-experience/video-games/batman)

ace3001
10-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Any 3D glasses that support the technology used will work with the game. They don't ship glasses with the game anyway, do they?

GeneralTrumbo
10-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Any 3D glasses that support the technology used will work with the game. They don't ship glasses with the game anyway, do they?

They most likely don't. And the only glasses that support these are used in the games "Enslaved" and "Batman: Arkham Asylum". So if you have either one of these, you can use them glasses on the game.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Wait.. wth is all this glasses talk about? Do these glasses allow you to see 3D without having to buy that overpriced tv?

GeneralTrumbo
10-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
Wait.. wth is all this glasses talk about? Do these glasses allow you to see 3D without having to buy that overpriced tv?

Yes. It was displayed in "Batman Arkham Asylum:Game of the Year Edition". And it will also be on display in "Assassins Creed Revelations". It is, of course, an optional thing that you can easily turn on in the Options menu. =) It can be viewed in 3D on ANY TV. Any original HDTV, or any old TV you may have.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:

Yes. It was displayed in "Batman Arkham Asylum:Game of the Year Edition". And it will also be on display in "Assassins Creed Revelations". It is, of course, an optional thing that you can easily turn on in the Options menu. =) It can be viewed in 3D on ANY TV. Any original HDTV, or any old TV you may have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG OMG OMG http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I want to try this out! Hopefully pre-ordering the gamestop signature edition gets me the glasses

GeneralTrumbo
10-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:

Yes. It was displayed in "Batman Arkham Asylum:Game of the Year Edition". And it will also be on display in "Assassins Creed Revelations". It is, of course, an optional thing that you can easily turn on in the Options menu. =) It can be viewed in 3D on ANY TV. Any original HDTV, or any old TV you may have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG OMG OMG http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I want to try this out! Hopefully pre-ordering the gamestop signature edition gets me the glasses </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I know..I hope the glasses come with the game as well.

TheSpectator
10-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Does it work with a 3D TV though?

GeneralTrumbo
10-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by TheSpectator:
Does it work with a 3D TV though?

It can be played with a 3D TV as well.

rileypoole1234
10-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Wow that's pretty cool actually. Never played 3d Arkham Asylum. Hopefully it comes with a pair of glasses. Should be cool. Definitely not going to play the whole game in 3d though.

dewgel
10-16-2011, 10:22 AM
No glasses will come with the game.

They're 30 from the manufacturers, they ship direct.

I don't think other 3D glasses work with ACR or Batman, I think you have to use those ones due to the way the lens' work.

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:

I don't think other 3D glasses work with ACR or Batman, I think you have to use those ones due to the way the lens' work.

The high quality ones are 30 Euros, obviously ones like those won't be included in the game. People are hoping for paper glasses that simulate the same effect albeit being less comfortable to wear (and they make you look like a goon.)

And the TrioViz lenses aren't made specifically for ACR either, ACR uses the same 3D technology that is used in Batman- meaning glasses for either should be reverse compatible.

dewgel
10-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

The high quality ones are 30 Euros, obviously ones like those won't be included in the game. People are hoping for paper glasses that simulate the same effect albeit being less comfortable to wear (and they make you look like a goon.)

And the TrioViz lenses aren't made specifically for ACR either, ACR uses the same 3D technology that is used in Batman- meaning glasses for either should be reverse compatible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not denying that, what I'm saying is that standard conventional paper 3D glasses may not work, because the TrioViz lens' are different.

There's only one real way to find out.

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

And the TrioViz lenses aren't made specifically for ACR either, ACR uses the same 3D technology that is used in Batman- meaning glasses for either should be reverse compatible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not denying that, what I'm saying is that standard conventional paper 3D glasses may not work, because the TrioViz lens' are different.

There's only one real way to find out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lens are different on the blue/red ones, but green/magenta paper glasses still work. I can't remember which thread but someone posted a link to a site that sells paper glasses with the same lenses that work with Trioviz technology for 0.50 cents each (problem is you have to buy 50 at a time minimum.)

It's not hard to simulate the effect of lens and make them more affordable/cheaper to make, enough so that they can be included in the games packaging.