PDA

View Full Version : 262's aren't that hot!

Skoshi Tiger
10-12-2008, 08:59 AM
I normally find it a lot of effort to bring down any aircraft at all, but I must have got my easiest kill ever tonight.

I was flying a what-if mission on Skies of Valour, Where germans were mostly flying jets. So on take off I went up to about 7800 metres in my La7 (3x20mm) and flew around trying to find out where the fight was!

I dropped down to 4000metres and eventually found a furball happening at about 2500 metres so I slid down building up speed.

I found a 262A1 happily flying along in a straight line confident in the fact that he was faster and had more height than anyone else!

I got into position on his dead six and closed the gap to about 150 metres and tapped the trigger for about half a second. Flames rolled out of his left engine and he pealed away as I went back up to get a bit of height.

I was just slipping into smug-mode when Aircraft destroyed message flashed up and then I ran out of petrol! (I think theres a message in there somewhere!) )

But having the altitude I managed to glide back over the boarder and make it to the nearest friendly Airbase!

Unfortunately it being the last night of my holidays, I've had to call it quits for the night!

See ya all!

JtD
10-12-2008, 09:19 AM
If it's not hot, why does it burn?

Mr_Zooly
10-12-2008, 10:29 AM
There are some people that really know how to use the 262 unfortunately I'm not one of them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Stingray333
10-12-2008, 02:39 PM
If servers gave you points for overheating your 262 engines and catching them on fire yourself, I would be high score all the time

Phil_C
10-12-2008, 02:54 PM
i just got a dvd from borders about some WWII birds..the segment about the 262 includes pilot interviews- and from the guys who flew the real plane... the end of the story is that basically if the throttles are firewalled quickly (and no definition in time is given) the engines overheat and light like a candle... same happens on the ground, and in the air. Pilots needed to be mindful to make sure that if they had to increase power they had enough space and time to do so without lighting up..

PhantomKira
10-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I was just slipping into smug-mode when Aircraft destroyed message flashed up and then I ran out of petrol! (I think theres a message in there somewhere!) )

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Ah, yes, the old, "Hehe, I'm rather good"... Sputter, Sputter, chough! "???!" Hehe. I've been there.

SeaFireLIV
10-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Me262s are hot... when they catch fire! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Treetop64
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Me-262: the flying Ronson.

leitmotiv
10-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Classic. Forming opinions about an airplane when it was clearly operated by a deadbeat! If ST hadn't had a good head of steam from dropping altitude, and had the 262 operator not been on a joyride cruising blind, fat, and happy ignoring his six, all ST would have seen were the 262's heels, or his cannon flashes!

Pigeon_
10-13-2008, 02:45 AM
This story proves once again that in 99,99% of the times it's the pilot and not the plane...

leitmotiv
10-13-2008, 05:03 AM
1000% Right, Pmeister.