PDA

View Full Version : e3 2007 video number 8

a-secret-threat
07-19-2007, 11:45 AM
i was watching the new video on the marketplace and i noticed that when he pushed people around and they dropped the vases they broken pieces disappeared in 0.001 seconds.. also when they did that eagle jump thing in the hay the hay disappeared to.. do u think that is wat the game is going to be like, all of this disappearing "stuff", or was that not the finished product and their gonna fix that.. cuz seeing that doesnt make me wanna buy it.. to me if it does stay that way then gears of war has better object graphics or watever its called??

bobbylucifer
07-19-2007, 11:48 AM
i dont really think that the disappearance of insignificant broken objects is going to affect my game experience that much (and by that i mean at all). if thats the only flaw in assassins creed then i'll be a happy, happy man.

a-secret-threat
07-19-2007, 12:05 PM
i mean if gears could do it and they did, and notice how its like the best seller.. wouldnt u think they would try and top that so they can be the best seller.. thats just wat i thouht they would do so it surprised me..

Woody990
07-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeh but GOW is very path based where as AC is free-roam with loads of different NPCs walking round so it is a lot harder to do that. And Also I don't think your gonna notice a couple of pieces of broken pottery on the floor when your being chased by like 15 guards and looking for a pace to hide.

MeAltairLol
07-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Woody990:
Yeh but GOW is very path based where as AC is free-roam with loads of different NPCs walking round so it is a lot harder to do that. And Also I don't think your gonna notice a couple of pieces of broken pottery on the floor when your being chased by like 15 guards and looking for a pace to hide.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Anyway it's not that much of a deal..

KnightRobby
07-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I agree with woody here. There are hundreds of unique NPC's in this world and having broken items disappearing is something that games have done anyways, even on a lesser scale too. And about the hay, around talking about the actual pile or the effects when diving into the hay? Because I never noticed the actual hay disappearing...

XBfreak_101
07-19-2007, 02:50 PM
sappeared in 0.001 seconds.. also when they did that eagle jump thing in the hay the hay disappeared to.. do u think that is

Yeah I never noticed the hay disappearing. I think you're talking about the effects of the hay when you jump it in disappearing. That's not a big deal at all, dont be so nitpicky.

The_Sphinx
07-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Keep in mind that it is a work in progress. I'm fairly sure the broken vase-issue will be taken care of in the final version.

Karl_93
07-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Ya thats the type of bugs that they will fix/ are in the process of fixing now.

Lordgrunty11
07-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Well Jade said that the bugs in that demo are already fixed and I suppose that counts as a bug, so...

DNBProductions
07-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Yea, it is definetally a common problem in all Ubisoft games. And I am sadden to see my most anticipated game of 2007 is suffering the same fate.

Lots of bouncy animations, clipping issues, collision detection problems and textures popping in and out.

THAT is why Multiplatform hurts the games. Because when you test a title you have to divide your testers between platforms so its much harder to search & destroy all the bugs with half as many members.

Howler13
07-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DNBProductions:
THAT is why Multiplatform hurts the games. Because when you test a title you have to divide your testers between platforms so its much harder to search & destroy all the bugs with half as many members.
Yeah, it should have stayed PS3 exclusive. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Totally kidding, don't start a console war!

That stuff doesn't bother me, what bothered me about the pot breaking was that it looked like it was filled with dust, and I want to know why she was carrying around a pot full of dust...

sireatsalot91
07-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Howler13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DNBProductions:
Yeah, it should have stayed PS3 exclusive. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Totally kidding, don't start a console war!

That stuff doesn't bother me, what bothered me about the pot breaking was that it looked like it was filled with dust, and I want to know why she was carrying around a pot full of dust... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, yea, you'd think there was atleast water init or something, unless it was a plant pot? but still there were alot of people carrying pots which surprised me alittle. It was the equivalent of suitcases in downtown Chicago or somethin.

*BTW, look up Project Assassin's, don't mean to start nothin*

a-secret-threat
07-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by XBfreak_101:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sappeared in 0.001 seconds.. also when they did that eagle jump thing in the hay the hay disappeared to.. do u think that is

Yeah I never noticed the hay disappearing. I think you're talking about the effects of the hay when you jump it in disappearing. That's not a big deal at all, dont be so nitpicky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all of the hay that came out of the cart when he landed in it..once it went into the air it vanished.. not the hay that stayed in the cart..

dragfindel
07-20-2007, 03:21 PM
i am sure they will fix it. they will have plenty of time to fix it.

sireatsalot91
07-20-2007, 03:29 PM
i think you guys are bein to harsh about this, i mean really, think about what your complaining about: a hay bail with mediocre physics. Are you telling me that you wanted this game because you thought that the hay in it was gonna have really good physics? Or that peices of a vase shatter into dozens of little peices that will cut your toes? You guys are nitpicking, making a mountain out of a mound. I could care less if the hay I fall in doesn't move alot or if the single peices disappear, these are two things you do not like about the game and your making them seem like they are the only things in the game. if it was a game about how many strands of hay you could fit into a vase without losing a peice of hay or breaking the vase, i would understand, but its not a game about either and i don't understand why everyones making such a big deal about these things.