PDA

View Full Version : =AFJ=Dedicated Server Needs Your Help

AFJ_Locust
10-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Good morning, I'm here to ask for help from the people who fly there, we need to get only 20 people who are willing to donate 10 small dollars once a month for the server, Please send donations via paypal here:

server@fighterjocks.net

all money's collected are used for the Server Period, if there is extra it is saved in its own Special bank account and will be put forth to the next month server rent.

All that said, there hasn't ever been extra Freebird has been pulling money out of his own pocket. for many months to keep the server up.
Over 100 People fly here religiously everyday maybe 200+, If you want to see this server stay alive then please send the small donations
10$ 5$ 20$ with PAYPAL too server@fighterjocks.net we need monthly donors one time donors are appreciated as well Thank you in advance.

Id also like to say thank you to Freebird and the current doners!

Wilburnator
10-09-2005, 12:43 PM
I have donated this month and last month, and I'll donate next month as well. I like the server alot and I appreciate it being there. Thanks.

On a side note, I was in AFJ Dedicated last night when a player from Australia (I'm from the U.S.) entered the game using my exact callsign and started mouthing off and team killing people on the runway. It was frustrating to be in there and not be able to do anything about it. I only mention it to you now so your admins will be aware. I'd hate to get banned for an imposter's actions.

Anyone who has played this game with me for any amount of time knows that I don't give anyone a hard time, I just play my game in a respectful and courteous manner.

Salute!

Wilburnator
10-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Didn't mean to hijack the thread, lol. By all means, people, if you fly there donate a little. If regular players even gave $1 each Freebird's costs would be covered.

It's a fun server. If you enjoy it enough to go there from time to time, chip in.

Stackhouse25th
10-09-2005, 01:29 PM
yeah uhh, you know AFJ, VFA-25 might be interested in making your server a shared server if you cant find the cash.

we cant pay for a whole server, but we may be able to pay for half of one.

RedDeth
10-09-2005, 04:19 PM
stackhouse p.m. me or locust...or go to http://www.fighterjocks.net to our forum and post on the subject. it is a 100 meg server and can host TWO gaming servers simultaneously.

were trying to get maps for a fullreal server up and running too....

thoughts and ideas just post on our forum...

kenade2005
10-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Too bad they dont use historical plane sets on that server or I'd play there. Also I'd contribute
the 10 small dollars you mentioned. thats also good cause I dont have any regular sized dollars.

AFJ_Locust
10-10-2005, 07:10 PM
There is a map submission email address

All maps submited will be considered look here for the details.

http://fighterjocks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14417#14417

AFJ_Locust
10-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Stackhouse25th:
yeah uhh, you know AFJ, VFA-25 might be interested in making your server a shared server if you cant find the cash.

we cant pay for a whole server, but we may be able to pay for half of one.

This is an interesting idea, altho realy were just looking for support for the server from the folks who fly there.

Please if you fly there and can donate we realy need all the help we can get, I would never have posted this here if it wasent absolutly nessicary thankyou in advance.

Please send donations via paypal here afj_freebird@yahoo.com

AFJ_Locust
10-10-2005, 07:18 PM
PS we are also working on a Closed Pit server

The maps are being developed now

That will be a side only maps server with more historical planesets, not a freeforall of ac http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AFJ_Locust
10-13-2005, 07:49 PM
http://fighterjocks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2365

AFJ_Viper
10-14-2005, 05:37 AM
Id like the publics views on this idea for the Full Real server.

----------------------------
=RidgeRunners=
40 Player high speed Full Real server, limited icons
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
A progressive historical server.
12 Maps lasting 2 hours each for a total of 24 hours then restart.
[/list]

The maps would go through historical air battles starting in the early war going through to the fall of Berlin. Ideas for the maps are as follows:

- Spanish Civil War
- Battle of Finland
- Battle of Britain
- Battle of Singapore
- North Africa
- Battle of Malta
- Pearl Harbor
- Crimea
- Stalingrad
- Normandy '44
- Bastogne
- Berlin West/Central/East

The map list would start from the early war battles and progress through to the last stages of the battle. All planesets will be historically accurate and maps detailed.

Feedback pls...

RxMan
10-14-2005, 06:17 AM
A small suggestion for a 12 hour rotation instead of 24.
That way if someone really wants to fly a particular map, or wants to fly them all, that would be available twice a day, once at an available time, hopefully.

neural_dream
10-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Many gamers, if not most, play similar time every day. So, if the rotation is every 12 or 24hrs, they (we) will always play the same 2-3 maps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif. To avoid that I'd suggest 17hrs or something like that.

edit: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif that 17 is too specific. Anyway, you get the idea.

AFJ_Locust
10-15-2005, 05:26 AM
The map set sounds awsome Viper !!!

I think they might be on to something here with the 12 hours then again 2 hours per map is about right to try and kill the objectives.

Maybe 1.5 hours per ?

As far as settings go. Id realy like to see it with no ICONS whatsoever but then you get a half full server or less

IMHO speedbar only is very fun most people like some form of icon though, 300m or maybe even less like 175m

Fullswitch is even better but I think navagation for most can be a problem so maybe you get mini map path, but NO Map Icons.

Right now warbirds has the best FullSwitch server in town with killer maps too.

Warclouds is right up there with 90% FS and lots of Fun.

Id somehow like to find the ballance between thoes two servers. If it can be found.

Salute

AFJ_Locust
10-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Just a thought.

The stutter/warping must be non exzistant

So Flack/aaa/ and all that must be at a bare minimum, Ive seen some of the greatest maps over the years but they included so much aaa/flack that there unplayable.

neural_dream
10-15-2005, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by AFJ_Locust:
most people like some form of icon though, 300m or maybe even less like 175m
What's the point of having 175m icons?

AFJ_Locust
10-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFJ_Locust:
most people like some form of icon though, 300m or maybe even less like 175m
What's the point of having 175m icons? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same could be said of 300m ?

I shoot at 100m so 175 is plenty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AFJ_Locust
10-31-2005, 05:09 PM
New maps are being added tonight

some historical some biplane some shootum up

We are working on a Fullswitch Idea and a closed pit with externals

Please come fly and help if you can

Pig_Mac
11-01-2005, 08:50 AM
What's the point of having 175m icons?

It stops nonheadset guys from having a 10 min ID-furball the way to the mission area http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AFJ_Locust
11-03-2005, 11:06 PM
New maps were revised tonight

seems most didnt like the historical matchups

also the Biplane maps were removed

Its back to an Full blown Arcade 43/44 Planesets
with same plane sets for each side.

Have Fun

PS Work is still in progress for the RidgeRuners
Fullreal Server, Its takeing a while but it will be good when its done......

AFJ_Locust
11-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by kenade2005:
Too bad they dont use historical plane sets on that server or I'd play there. Also I'd contribute
the 10 small dollars you mentioned. thats also good cause I dont have any regular sized dollars.

We tryed to rotate in 4 historical battle maps

they were recived with the answer of an empty server

Salute

Stackhouse25th
11-04-2005, 10:02 AM
a major problem ive noticed in financial assistance is the younglings rarely put forth a dollar, you will find the older gents doing it more often. if 40 people including younglings put forth 5 bucks, it would cost less for all involved.

AFJ Free Bird, you may consider sharing your server with another squadron to share the costs of it. But we would be up for it, but not the settings you fly with currently. S!

AFJ_Locust
11-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Stackhouse

That server has enough bandwith to host 4 il2 servers.

The Arcade server is for the people in the sim who just wana shoot at something.

We are working on the Semi Real Server maps now

If your still interested in financing the server
for space on it

PM me here & let me know what you have in mind

AFJ_Locust
11-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Great news today!

Soon very soon (maybe by this weekend) the
=AFJ= Dedicated server will be hosting Historical and Semi_Historical Maps that will be truly designed with the mission's in mind, Of coarse the fighters will have plenty to shoot at but its going to be a ground pounders paradise........

I had the pleasure to meet a gentlemen the other night, His name.......... You may ask ?
It's Schaefer! you might know him even, in the past he has designed many maps for Greater Green.
Which has been a great server over the years.
We will be hosting Schaefer's maps exclusively and there very smart maps.

=AFJ= Dedicated server "RidgeRunners" will be hosting a Mix of 43/44 Western Front & Pacific missions that will nock your sox's off, with 1km icons, minimap & speedbar. some 41 and 42 missions are in development and will be added into the rotation when the masses ask for them

The servers name will be "RidgeRunners" Look for it this weekend

Get ready!!!

AFJ_Locust
11-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Good evening, RidgeRunners Server is now Live on HL

Stats are available here.
http://70.86.25.90/stats/index.html
I hope you guys realy like the server. Its real fast with great ping and awsome missions. teamspeak is also available...
TeamSpeak IP 70.86.25.90:8767 password= afj

Our New websight is under construction and will include links to The Stats page's and Teamspeak for bolth RidgeRunners and AFJ Dedicated Servers

Thankyou to Jepo and Schafer for all there hard work, Also to Bollilo and Viper and all the community members who have been supporting the server with donations, constructive critisim is welcome & will be taken into consideration.

Salute and have a great weekend