PDA

View Full Version : Realistic landings (carrier and ground)?

WildeSau
10-12-2004, 09:16 AM
I hope that we will get realistic landing characteristics in PF - for carrier and field landings.

In FB, landing it just too easy. You can hit the ground quiet hard and the only thing that happens is that the plane is jumping up 10 - 20 meters but nothing else. Hope it won't be that easy in PF. Yes, I fly with all options on "difficult".

Regards,
Michael the WildeSau

WildeSau
10-12-2004, 09:16 AM
I hope that we will get realistic landing characteristics in PF - for carrier and field landings.

In FB, landing it just too easy. You can hit the ground quiet hard and the only thing that happens is that the plane is jumping up 10 - 20 meters but nothing else. Hope it won't be that easy in PF. Yes, I fly with all options on "difficult".

Regards,
Michael the WildeSau

WOLFMondo
10-12-2004, 09:54 AM
I think thats down to the damage models. Some planes seem to have more realistic landing gear than others, some previously didn't even have suspension. The P38 seems to bounce allot if you slam it onto the runway and it looks like the gear should break but all that happens is a prop bending where as nose wheel is impossible to break (I really have tried as well). Its possible to land it very smoothly without any bounce though if done right.

Personally I take pride in a good smooth landing, always touching the main gear down on the white lines at the end of the runway. Makes me feel happy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LStarosta
10-12-2004, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WildeSau:

Regards,
Michael the WildeSau <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am a pilot in real life, and I've flown several types of light and heavy general aviation aviation aircraft, and some light to medium commercial aircraft, and I find landing in IL2 to be quite realistic, if not a little harder compared to real life.

VW-IceFire
10-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Mmmm...despite any criticism...I've come in too fast or dropped too hard and the landing gear does break. Very nicely infact...the only time it doesn't is on the front wheel on a tricycle geared aircraft (P-39, P-38, etc.). Then it bounces...otherwise you can collapse the gear.

It appears to be fairly well done...there are some areas where its not perfect...but hey whatever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BlakJakOfSpades
10-12-2004, 04:39 PM
maybe the nose gear is the "tail" wheel but in the front, so the damage model doesn't allow it to break off, just a thought

LStarosta
10-12-2004, 07:23 PM
It's made of delta wood, be sure.