PDA

View Full Version : SH4 patch feature wishes - post yours!

Carotio
03-20-2007, 02:55 PM
After my first impression of the game, there is allready some features that I would like to have fixed! Some more may occur, when I dive deeper into the game, and for you too! So please post simple requests, and let's hope the developpers will incorporate some of them!

I will start by this:

1) Please raise the hight for free external view!
- Mods of SH3 made it possible to go far higher upwards in the air than stock SH3. It should be available too in SH4!

2) 100% of the horizont available in the binoculars.
- When looking in the horizont with the binoculars, I can only see some of it! Much of the time, I look into the head of one of my crew members or into the periscope tower (or whatever it is called), as if I couldn't step two meters aside IRL to have a decent look. In SH3, crew members became fully transparent, so one had the 100% horizont. Now in SH4, I need to change course in order to watch around me! Or use a periscope...

Mando86
03-20-2007, 02:58 PM
The looping explosion sounds when a ship is on fire, even though it helps by turning off the envrioment sounds I would like it fixed.

Those annoying CTD's that could be avoided. i.e clicking on that death meter.

Neru
03-20-2007, 03:04 PM
1. Make it possible to change the 3D resolution to something higher than the default 1024x780

2. Make AA and VSYNC when forced by GFX driver work in the game.

Mando86
03-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Removing "Location name in game" text on the world map below Cadiz.

noworktoday
03-20-2007, 06:29 PM
instructions (online)with photo's on how to use the TDC controls ...

same with sonar and radar

better sounds asap

resolution for wide screen's

Neru
03-20-2007, 09:03 PM
widescreen is supported atleast 1680x1050 and 1440x900

airguard79
03-21-2007, 05:30 AM
I am new here and I had to ask one question. How is UBI with support to its games. Will we see a patch sometime in the next month or 2?

Immacolata
03-21-2007, 06:23 AM
Ubi might well be the sloppiest pc game publishers of all. However they are (fortunately) not the stingiest when it comes to patches. That would be Activision. I think 4 patches was released for SH3. They never fixed it all (and some non-fixed bugs are still present in SH4...) but most things got sorted out.

As for my request:

Imperial measurements as promised.

TheRealPotoroo
03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by NeruDK:
2. Make AA and VSYNC when forced by GFX driver work in the game.
In My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\main.cfg look for the [VIDEO] section. You'll see "Synchronized=No". Whether that's just a hangover from SH3 or whether it is still used by the game engine I'm not sure, but try setting it to Yes and see what happens.

tambor198
03-21-2007, 10:22 AM
DX10 patch like was proposed by the Dev team for us Vista users.

tambor198 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TrevorSnowden
03-21-2007, 10:55 AM
1) Put the crew interations back in from SH3

2) Put the audio in for takeing damange, depth charges, "we are being pinged", "Destroyer on an attack run sir" etc.

3) Remove the wise cracks from the news reports, it's culteraly out of context text, like "the US congress won't be out done so they declared war on Italy and Germany too"...

3) Put the damage cut outs so we can see compartment flooding, and damade to specific parts of the ship... oh and the percentage of damage to the hull, it's more reliable than a damage report.

4) Stop the ships from running aground, and randomly sinking.

5) In the port office, implement the function when you click on the photo (what ever it is), make the cloads move out side the window, add more details to the captains log like SH3...

6) Please put in a proper debrif screen so I actuly feel like I have a reason to return to port besides rearming.

7) Can we get the detection indicator again? I know it's really unrealistic but for some reason it really makes me get involved as a captain, and stops me from running in and going "Oh no" diving and getting away... Some indication they know your there would be sorta cool, even a dialog that says "Sir, we have been detected, destroyer incomming".

I intentionaly left out the bugs listed by others.