PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Take-Offs in Full Mission Builder/Manual.

Pull_Up
12-29-2004, 07:31 AM
I'm not having much luck getting off carriers in FMB - the plane just shoots vertically off the deck with a bent prop. Does anyone know how to set this up so that the game starts with the aircraft on the chocks?

I'm also looking for a more detailed manual. The only one that I found on the disk is the same as the printed one that came with the game.

VF-29_Sandman
12-29-2004, 07:37 AM
u need to set a waypoint for it, then go into the properties and set it for 'takeoff' parameter. and also needs to have the waypoint that will look like a green line goin to the homebase icon. which reminds me, the ship has to be set as a red/blue 'homebase'.

Athosd
12-29-2004, 08:40 AM
When you set the first waypoint to takeoff it (the waypoint) will automatically jump to the nearest land base (if there is one on the map). Select the takeoff waypoint and assign the carrier as its target (this produces the green line Sandman referred to).
For completness you can then drag the waypoint back to the carrier - however it is not necessary, the aircraft will start on the deck once the takeoff target is set.

Enjoy

Athos

Pull_Up
12-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks Chaps. That did the trick. Now all that I have to worry about is getting back onto the carrier!!