PDA

View Full Version : "Bad Air" servers?

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2004, 04:32 PM
I hadn't seen this artifact in quite some time, but had an exasperating experience with it today, so I thought I'd ask....

Has anyone else experienced a server that was very laggy and warpy, and seemed to cause oscillations even in the plane *you're* flying???

I had it happen today. With no input on the controllers whatsover, my 109s ball and yaw indicator is looking like a geiger counter at Chernobyl, going full left and right. The plane is getting nudges about its liner flight path, like little detentes that make the nose pitch up then down.

This was NOT a joystick spike. My FOXY software confirms my Cougar is solid as a rock with absolutely ZERO spiking. (and damping in my profiles would kill a 'teeny' bit of it. And the tree of green lights was not showing red, which is a sure sign that you're just disconnecting. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Anyway, what is this? I thought I heard the host say something about some kind of stat gathering program running in the background making the lag happen. I dunno.

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2004, 04:32 PM
I hadn't seen this artifact in quite some time, but had an exasperating experience with it today, so I thought I'd ask....

Has anyone else experienced a server that was very laggy and warpy, and seemed to cause oscillations even in the plane *you're* flying???

I had it happen today. With no input on the controllers whatsover, my 109s ball and yaw indicator is looking like a geiger counter at Chernobyl, going full left and right. The plane is getting nudges about its liner flight path, like little detentes that make the nose pitch up then down.

This was NOT a joystick spike. My FOXY software confirms my Cougar is solid as a rock with absolutely ZERO spiking. (and damping in my profiles would kill a 'teeny' bit of it. And the tree of green lights was not showing red, which is a sure sign that you're just disconnecting. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Anyway, what is this? I thought I heard the host say something about some kind of stat gathering program running in the background making the lag happen. I dunno.

gates123
08-03-2004, 04:40 PM
What was the weather settings? If it was poor then it might have been turbulence. I've seen what I think your talking about before but like I said it was turbulence and the weather was poor.

http://www.fightingcolors.com/custompagestuff/b17visibility72.jpg
Did anyone see that or was it just me?

civildog
08-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Sounds a lot like the weather was doing it. I noticed it happens even when you're below 500m over the ocean maps on a clear day..Higher than that and the air smooths out.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v304/civildog/CivilDogsignatureMASTER2.jpg

58th AVG "WannaBees" ...We fly where the angels fear to tread!

A fast connect speed and the Internet means never having to say you're wrong.

While the lead is still flying there's always hope.