PDA

View Full Version : STRANGE ENCOUNTER

VONHARRIS
12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I had a very strange encounter. I have been playing stock SH3 with SH3 commander for a long time but this has never happened before. It is December 1941 , central Atlantic and I am in command of the U-103 IXB type U-boat. My WO spots a lone merchant target bearing 270 in pretty bad weather. Range is 3.500Km. The target was a lone passenger liner doing 21kts travelling west. I tried to intecept but the IXB can only do 13-14kts in rough seas. I fired a lone G7a but no result, it missed way far.
Has thiw ever happened to anyone?

MartiniMik
12-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Oh yes. That's quite a long range shot with a fast moving vessel that's probably zig-zagging as well. I commend you for even trying. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VONHARRIS
12-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Thank you. But it's a pity watching 24,000 grt sailing away in the darkness!

uniquewave
12-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Wow, I have never seen a Passenger Liner in the game. That's a fast target! Even after countless hours of playing this game for the past few years I don't think I have ever got to the central Atlantic. I am thinking about getting a IX and going there. The only thing that I see around the Isles is the "passenger/cargo" ships.

VONHARRIS
12-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by uniquewave:
Wow, I have never seen a Passenger Liner in the game. That's a fast target! Even after countless hours of playing this game for the past few years I don't think I have ever got to the central Atlantic. I am thinking about getting a IX and going there. The only thing that I see around the Isles is the "passenger/cargo" ships.
I haven't only seen but also sunk one or two of them. I know I have some screenshots of it. I will post them when I find them. Good hunting and your eels may never miss!
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

gamer025
12-29-2009, 06:52 AM
I once ran into a passenger liner in rough seas doing about 21kts in Aces of the Deep. I fired a few torpedoes without any luck. Does that count?!

BTW: I still have the AotD CD and don't play it. It is some disc that has an interview with Otto Kretschmer on it I believe.