PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire planeset

HeinzBar
07-18-2005, 09:07 AM
S! Gentlemen,
There has been been a lot of discussion about changing the spitfire planeset in Warclouds. I posted an opinion poll about Spitfires available in Warclouds. It was suggested to me that some folks may not be reading the WC forums and may not know about the requested changes.

So, for those of you that fly on WC, please take a look at the link listed below and let your opinion be known about the current Spit lineup.

http://www.war-clouds.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=2176#2176

PS, please read the post 'Understanding planesets'. It should clear up some misunderstandings about why some planes are present while others are not.

Sincerely,
HB

HeinzBar
07-19-2005, 09:19 PM
S!,
Shameless bump.

HB

VW-IceFire
07-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Not signing up for another forum (on too many already) but I'd recommend the removal of the HF IXe as its a very rare or barely existant aircraft and not representative of the usual Spitfire on the Western European front.

Neither would be the addion of tropical Vc models as those are not historical either. The addition of a LF Vc with Clipped wings would be more historical as MANY of these were flying on D-Day and the low altitude engine and clipped wings made them almost as fast on the deck and in low level climb as the later models.

They also turn a bit nicer and may be a good break from the usual IX models. Personally, I'd give them a shot on there because you might be able to sucker someone into a turn that they wouldn't expect out of the later and heavier IX models.

Disadvantage is of course that your slower and less well armed but I've taken these planes out in late war servers and won some surprising fights.

That'd be my historical recommendtation. Vc's with Tropical Filters, 4 cannon versions, and the HF model barely or did not serve in the ETO.

3.JG51_BigBear
07-19-2005, 10:32 PM
The Spitfire family doesn't seem to have a true late war model, does it? I really don't know much about them at all but it seems like the IXeHF is a pretty good contender against late war German planes and should maybe stay in for balance more than anything else.