PDA

View Full Version : B&Z AI In Pacific Theater

matshock
12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi all- it's been a while since I played IL2.

I was thinking of picking up 1946 but I was wondering if Boom & Zoom AI ever made it into the Pacific?

Thanks all and take care!

zardozid
12-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by matshock:
Hi all- it's been a while since I played IL2.

I was thinking of picking up 1946 but I was wondering if Boom & Zoom AI ever made it into the Pacific?

Thanks all and take care!

No really sure what you mean... I find the AI responds pretty much the same from theater to theater (almost too consistently_lol).

ElAurens
12-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Indeed the "Japanese" AI behave uncannily like Luftwaffe AI.

matshock
12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the replies- that's a bummer.

I thought differential AI might have made it into the 4.xx series but I guess not.

Watching my AI Corsairs get spanked by Zeros was always a big disappointment.

I might come back anyway and stay warmed up for SOWBOB.

Take care!

Freiwillige
12-02-2008, 06:54 PM
If you get 1946 patched to 4.08 it will have Olegs BOB flight model. I find that the allies use proper tactics IE keeping high speed and not turning with the Zero's

Ba5tard5word
12-02-2008, 09:15 PM
The AI seems pretty different from plane to plane to me...they seem lazier in any Japanese or Pacific US plane, and very tough in midwar 109's, 190's, and the last LaGG-3 series and Yak-1B, but rather lazy in La-5's and Yak-9's for example.

julian265
12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
IMO the AI chooses its tactics dependent on which plane they, and the player are in, and current energy difference. They extend and climb when they know they can, and are more immediately aggressive when they know they can't. With the exception of late 190A's... Which seem to be stuck in the climbing spiral routine, despite not being able to get away.

LEXX_Luthor
12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
I left off this sim back in 4.0something (pre-Pe-2) but even then AI would fight according to relative flight performance.

I did tests, head on engagement, where fast "ally" type planes would climb and fight with speed against Zero, while the Zero would try to maintain nose pointed to the enemy.

Zero against something even slower, like Gladiator biplane, the Zero would perform the role of high speed fighter, which should be expected.

Its kinda subtle though, but its a good start, and for me, quite an advance in air war simulation programming. Bravo Oleg!