PDA

View Full Version : MP gamemode ideas

Iriquois
12-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Although ACB is a great game, Multiplayer is not that great. With only 4 gamemodes(well 3, since one mode is a hardcore version of the other) and the fact that all your attacks are 1 hit kills. Anyone know if they plan on including any patches or dlc's to add more MP content? If not, here's a couple of ideas that would work.

Gamemodes:
1. Dueling: Fight with your bare hands for small exp but huge action packed fun in the thieves guild. Perhaps you could wager some of your exp as a spectator as bets. More health than normal for fighters. Perhaps, there a could be actual ingame tournaments between a group of players in 1 room.
2. PvP: Like dueling, but using weapons; maybe just the powerful weapons could be scattered on the ground and you start off with a dagger or 1-handed sword. More health than normal. This would take place in the colisseum. Same rules would apply. Perhaps there could be team pvp settings, where groups attack each other instead of the normal 1vs1.
3. Co-op: All players in the room are assassins and have objectives to complete together. Doesnt have to be for exp, just simply for fun.
4. War: Fights between Guards/Assassins/Thieves/Mercenaries; basically choose which one of the four groups you want to be part of, and battle against the other team. Anything goes. All weapons available.
5. Free Roam: No purpose whatsoever. Just for messing around.
6. Enzio: One person plays as enzio. Eveyone does whatever they can to not be located and killed by enzio. Maybe a timer could be present as to how long one would be him.

P.S. Once again, this game is great fun, but with the story complete, I have gotten bored to tears of the MP, perhaps this could spice something up. Thanks for reading. Hope this is in the correct forum.

LaCava1
12-11-2010, 06:28 PM
My God... His name is EZIO. NOT ENZIO.

Cobalt_Risen37
12-11-2010, 09:04 PM
1st It's EZIO(bugs the hell out of me people still can't spell his name after a year)

Now on topic I'd personally love to see a Free Roam in the next AC. With the style AC plays there's tons of possibilities with customizable characters weapon unlocks via leveling.

You could have well guarded Templar/Assassin Lairs throughout w/e city Ubi puts it. The mode in with heavily guarded HVT(s) inside with varying detect/able to go loud features such as if it's silent you and your group may have to sneak in or the Templar/Assassin retreats and you have to wait for him to come back out.

Another's were a certain player who commits one to many innocent/guard killing becomes a traitor to the Assassin Order or the guards put a bounty on you/another players head and the other players can accept and track him down for exp with the order or guards and can become a city government Hired Gun(Templar) or Assassin(Assassin Order)and your choice chooses what kind of lair you can assault/defend for more exp and if guards are more friend/foe.

Then there's the plain running around killing each other(IF the player chooses to open himself up to that)

It's just a basic idea and sounds a bit like a RPG/RDR but I can dream http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

obliviondoll
12-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Said before, will say again.

Unless you're talking single-system multiplayer and not online, the combat-oriented ideas won't work with the current game engine and internet infrastructure.

AC combat is unworkable over the internet - lag + timing-based combat = screwed.

Not saying it wouldn't be awesome, but the combat system would need to be totally rewritten to accommodate it.

So yeah, that rules out 1, 2, 4 and probably 6 until you come up with a lag-proof version of the combat system.

F4H bandicoot
12-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Cobalt1995:
1st It's EZIO(bugs the hell out of me people still can't spell his name after a year)

Now on topic I'd personally love to see a Free Roam in the next AC. With the style AC plays there's tons of possibilities with customizable characters weapon unlocks via leveling.

You could have well guarded Templar/Assassin Lairs throughout w/e city Ubi puts it. The mode in with heavily guarded HVT(s) inside with varying detect/able to go loud features such as if it's silent you and your group may have to sneak in or the Templar/Assassin retreats and you have to wait for him to come back out.

Another's were a certain player who commits one to many innocent/guard killing becomes a traitor to the Assassin Order or the guards put a bounty on you/another players head and the other players can accept and track him down for exp with the order or guards and can become a city government Hired Gun(Templar) or Assassin(Assassin Order)and your choice chooses what kind of lair you can assault/defend for more exp and if guards are more friend/foe.

Then there's the plain running around killing each other(IF the player chooses to open himself up to that)

It's just a basic idea and sounds a bit like a RPG/RDR but I can dream http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

Free roam sounds awesome, 30 people roaming, and upgradeable customisable multiplayer character, templar lairs. couple a big cities, a lawless area sort of like what the kingdom was in ac1.
Man you could even through in a modern day version.
it would be even better than read dead!!!

Iriquois
12-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Sorry for mispelling Ezio. I'm new to the series.
Now for the timing based combat, i thought it could go something like this:
1. since each weapon has their very own stats(speed, deflectivity,etc.)it would make a difference in a fight.
2. Reduce the small time that you have to counter someone's attack by like a few milliseconds, so that it would hardly happen.
3. If you do manage to counter someones attack, you have a last chance to counter their counter.
4. As for the when two weapons meet in battle, they will parry; meaning you would have to try to swing your (sword/dagger/etc.) again. Would only parry if both players pressed their almost simultaneously within a couple of millseconds.

just an idea.

also, for idea #6, Ezio could just retain the current normal player abilities of MP modes. Basically it would be like "wanted", except there's 1 assassin hunting 7-9 others.

rocketxsurgeon
12-12-2010, 07:23 AM
I'd love to see Free Roam. And a Co-op mode. Maybe some lairs?

Definitely need some more game modes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

F4H bandicoot
12-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Lairs could be like the hideouts in RDR, with a gang of badits, cento occhi theives, or templars within.

obliviondoll
12-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Ton231:
1. since each weapon has their very own stats(speed, deflectivity,etc.)it would make a difference in a fight.
2. Reduce the small time that you have to counter someone's attack by like a few milliseconds, so that it would hardly happen.
3. If you do manage to counter someones attack, you have a last chance to counter their counter.
4. As for the when two weapons meet in battle, they will parry; meaning you would have to try to swing your (sword/dagger/etc.) again. Would only parry if both players pressed their almost simultaneously within a couple of millseconds.

just an idea.

also, for idea #6, Ezio could just retain the current normal player abilities of MP modes. Basically it would be like "wanted", except there's 1 assassin hunting 7-9 others.
Now try and come up with suggestions that can actually work online.

That wouldn't even be playable as an AC-style combat system in single-system setup. Lag would ruin it even MORE than the regular system.

KabouterPitta
12-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Ton231:

just an idea.

What about lagg? Even before you see his blade moving your already dead in this game.

Your first 2 ideas and the forth just wont work. Both player will just wait to place a counter attack.... Throwing sand will give the attacker the opportunity to attack while it is charging.... Add the major lagg problem of this game and its screwed.
That's why the only kills in the MP are instant kills.
Unless number 4 is like alliance but with 4 teams, and everybody has to kill everybody(besides teammates).

About the coop thing: good idea; but please give an example of an objective you should have to complete together.
O, and it's Ezio, not ENZIO!

Adding some ideas myself:
King of the hill: Your team VS another team. Conquer and hold as much "hills" as possible. One person conquers the hill and the others have to make sure no-one can come near him to patrol the roofs/nearby streets? would be an awesome tactical game...

Or capture the flag like in ACII(in the carnivale sequence), in teams... 1 person takes the flag and tries to bring it back home, the other have to protect him.

Or a race mode.... You have to run from point A to B before your opponent does. You can't kill him, but you do can tackle him!(or maybe not?)

steelernati0n
12-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Free roam would be fun.

That EZIO thing would be cool, but i want to see a mode where it's one on seven (everyone as a different charcter), and the person by himself kills the other players, and they join his team, until everyones on one team.

obliviondoll
12-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by KabouterPitta:
Your first 2 ideas and the forth just wont work. Both player will just wait to place a counter attack.... Throwing sand will give the attacker the opportunity to attack while it is charging.... Add the major lagg problem of this game and its screwed.
Why do people ALWAYS think AC combat boils down to counters.

Guard-break (in AC1)/Kick (in ACB) means you can land a free hit even when your opponent is blocking.

THIS move would be the OP one in ACB, but it balances nicely in the first game. Single-system multiplayer dueling would be GREAT, using the combat system from the first game.

rocketxsurgeon
12-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by steelernati0n:
Free roam would be fun.

That EZIO thing would be cool, but i want to see a mode where it's one on seven (everyone as a different charcter), and the person by himself kills the other players, and they join his team, until everyones on one team.

That's a really good idea :P

EzioAssassin51
12-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steelernati0n:
Free roam would be fun.

That's a really good idea :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of like Infection on Halo! That would be cool as! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

obliviondoll
12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steelernati0n:
Free roam would be fun.

That's a really good idea :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of like Infection on Halo! That would be cool as! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like this idea too.

Mr_Shade
12-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Why not post this in the multiplayer forum?

plenty of ongoing idea threads in there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif