PDA

View Full Version : Transfering configuration between computers

VonGrantoven
12-17-2007, 10:56 AM
I just built a new PC and installed 1946.
Rather than go through the process of customizing all my key strokes again I was hoping there was some way I could transfer my configuration over from my old computer.

Can someone tell me which files I should copy over?
TIA

VonGrantoven
12-17-2007, 10:56 AM
I just built a new PC and installed 1946.
Rather than go through the process of customizing all my key strokes again I was hoping there was some way I could transfer my configuration over from my old computer.

Can someone tell me which files I should copy over?
TIA

crazyivan1970
12-17-2007, 11:02 AM
copy conf.ini, users folder, skins, missions folder. That should cover it. I would suggest to keep original conf.ini, just rename it to something else. Place new one (one from the old PC) in the main folder and run IL2Config again to make sure that video, sound, etc comply with your new system.

R_Target
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
I usually copy the entire IL2 directory over to a spare HDD, reformat, re-install '46 and copy back the whole IL2 directory. Works for me.

Bearcat99
12-17-2007, 08:39 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to change the X-Y- & Z axis in the config file using a script.. that could be done from opening the console.. that way you could set up a different stick profile at leats for the 3 main axii.. and launch it according to the plane you flew...

VonGrantoven
12-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks guys.
Thats me sorted.

cmirko
12-19-2007, 05:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I wonder if it would be possible to change the X-Y- & Z axis in the config file using a script.. that could be done from opening the console.. that way you could set up a different stick profile at leats for the 3 main axii.. and launch it according to the plane you flew... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope, tried this long time ago - il2 only reads conf.ini upon start of game....
:/

Outlaw---
12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmirko:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I wonder if it would be possible to change the X-Y- & Z axis in the config file using a script.. that could be done from opening the console.. that way you could set up a different stick profile at leats for the 3 main axii.. and launch it according to the plane you flew... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope, tried this long time ago - il2 only reads conf.ini upon start of game....
:/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. There is a huge need for per plane stick profiles. The controls in real aircraft are mechanically "tuned" to the individual aircraft yet we only get one profile for all aircraft.

One solution, although not ideal, would be to read the confi.ini file at the start of each flight. We could then use an aforementioned utility to change the profile depending on the aircraft we were flying for that particular mission.

--Outlaw.