PDA

View Full Version : How can I check I have all patches

ZL2BMH
11-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Hello Everyone.

First I have to tell you I am only of kindergarten knowledge as far as computers are concerned. I decided the other day, to dust off the cobwebs and install a game that I bought when it first came out and I 'loved' it immediately, IL2 Stormovik 1946 ( merged with some other releases that came with it eg. Pacific fighters etc.

Now my job is to get it up-to-date with the new patches, my current disk is 4.07m. I have installed all the new ones up to and including 4.101. On reading these patches I should have heaps of new aircraft and missions, but to my aged eyes I cannot see anything different in the UI. How can I check to see that they are in fact installed, I made certain I didn't install the Russian versions.

Any help would me most welcome. Thank you in advance.
zl2bmh.

Luno13
11-09-2011, 01:43 AM
If everything installed correctly you should see 4.10.1 in the lower left corner on start-up.

Install each patch one at a time and start up the game each time so you know when you've missed one (It's impossible to roll back though unless you've backed up the copy).

Tully__
11-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Additionally, if you have all the patches you should be able to choose all the flyable aircraft as your aircraft in the quick mission builder and all the aircraft including AI only (not flyable by player) as squad mates or opponents in the quick mission builder.

ZL2BMH
11-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Hello again,

Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the 5 patches from Com-Central.com, v 4.08m, 4.09m (2 as one is marked skins), 4.10 and 4.101, yet my opening screen still tells me I've got v4.07m. It's all very simple but I'm doing something wrong. Is there anything you've got to be careful about?
Regards all.
zl2bmh.

Tully__
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Have you extracted the patches (if zip files) and run the extracted patch file/download?

When you ran them, did you direct them to the correct folder? If I recall correctly, they usually point by default at C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL2 but if you've installed the game to a different location you'll need to change the folder when you get to that part of the patch process. You'll likely need to do that for every patch too.

ZL2BMH
11-09-2011, 10:14 PM
First of all I want to thank those of you who have replied to my post.

I have tried again to install the downloads and noticed something, but I'm not sure whether it's important or not. When the download link appears ( on Com-Central.net) it says 'report broken' although I notice that there are KB being downloaded. Is this important or not?
zl2bmh.

Tully__
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ZL2BMH:
...When the download link appears ( on Com-Central.net) it says 'report broken' although I notice that there are KB being downloaded...
Most download sites have that feature. You could try re-downloading from Mission4Today, they even offer a combined all in one mega-patch that was put together by one of the community: http://www.mission4today.com/i...file=details&id=4088 (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4088)
You'll need to register to download from there, but it's just to keep out the spam bots.