PDA

View Full Version : Advance Jump/Assassin's Tomb/Visitazione's Secret

haskelld62
02-05-2010, 07:36 AM
I have spent hours in this nightmare of a place trying that so called "advanced jump" and every time I "run up a wall and move LS right and push A to jump right Ezio does a 180 and jumps into the water. Is there any way (cheat or code or patch) to get around this ?? I have spent way to much time in here. If not is it really worth it to get the armour and weapons back at the villa? This is the last tomb for me to get through to open the vault. PLEASE I need an answer not more hints or clues

mojsarn
02-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Do you use this jump in other situations, and it works? It could be about timing, press right before you press jump, not when you start to run up the wall.

Gadfly22
02-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I had the same experience as you -- lots of 180 turns into the water.

The problem for me was hitting "up" on the left analog stick and then simultaneously (or with too close timing) moving the stick "right" and hitting the "jump" button, as though I had to rush my jump while on the wall. Result: 180 turn, as though the controller was reading "right" and "jump" as "back" and "jump" -- the intentional back-jump.

There's no need to rush. If you move the controller stick up (so you run up the wall) and then right (to give the jump the correct direction) and THEN a split second later hit the jump button, you'll be fine. The controller will understand that "right" is a separate command, followed by "jump". And once your hands learn the timing of the drill, advanced jumps shouldn't be a problem again.

MarleyMon81
02-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Same here Gadfly, I was rushing it in that tomb. He's right haskelld, just don't rush it. Be deliberate with your controller commands and stay patient.

You'll get it. A good many of us did a number of 180's back into the water. Maybe even sacrificing a controller along the way in frustration.

OzDavis
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by MarleyMon81:
Maybe even sacrificing a controller along the way in frustration. I didn't quite get that far, but there were certainly a few times I was tempted to bounce my controller off the wall or even the TV screen. Even now I know how to do them, I still occasionally screw up wall jumps and end up flipping backwards.

My advice is to practice first just running at a wall and paying attention to how far up the wall you run before starting to fall back down again. I find the trick is to move the stick to the side just before reaching the apex of the run up the wall and hitting the jump button slightly after... around the time you hit the high point of the jump.

Black_Widow9
02-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

silversnake4133
02-07-2010, 08:07 AM
I find that just holding down the right trigger and the A button even during the wall run and jump help in the end. Therefore all you would need to do is hold down those buttons then shift the analog stick in the direction you wish to jump in.

Also the clock lasts long enough so you can jog through the jumps and obstacles, so take your time and study the layout well. Good luck. ^_^

zipitydo
02-07-2010, 03:13 PM
I spent about 13 hours trying to beat this zone. I was really frustrated. I got some help from another post on this site

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1039408/m/7431029728 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/7431029728)
Gadfly's and other's suggestion helped. However, I believe that the game programmer made the positions really tight. Everything has to be almost perfect. Personally I do not like timed, tight challenges like this one. They depend only on hand/eye coordination and speed. AC2 is a different game than first person shooters in that it depends heavily on strategy more than coordination. I really enjoyed this game for that reason. That said, I wish the programmers would provide alternate clever means to beat levels like this one. For example, if you get the first three levers down, then provide a clever way to get the fourth down without the clock. Or have a timer that adds a few seconds to the time-out every 15 minutes of play. I almost abandoned this game as a result of this one tomb. Hopefully the designers will be listening and AC3 will have less timed activities and more stealth, strategy and clever ones.

shimpaku
02-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Agreed. Strange thing is that when I finally did it I had some spare time left! I HATE the timed sequences and therefore I also hate doing any of the races.

shimpaku
02-09-2010, 10:07 PM
A good many of us did a number of 180's back into the water. Maybe even sacrificing a controller along the way in frustration.

I came close...REAL close! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
I've dome it in the past with older game systems as I'll admit I have a short fuse but the Xbox controller is a tad more expensive! Being retired and living on a pension is not too conducive to giving into my fast temper any longer by throwing things across the room! Patience may be a virtue, but I don't have the patience to achieve it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jsm456
02-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Am I the only one who only took 20 minutes on this?Its really quite simple, just try and practice it without the timers pressure, just on a random wall.

Budtonite
02-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Some excellent advice in this thread which allowed me to complete this tomb fairly quickly (after trying for many hours previously).

What I learned is that it really is down to the timing of when you press what on the controller. As soon as you have started your vertical jump, release all 3 controls and then select your direction for your wall jump (left or right). At the peak of your vertical jump, press "Jump" and you will jump in the desired direction without too much trouble. Worst case is that if you mistime this sequence, you will simply drop back down onto the ledge where you started and not do a 180 turn and land in the water.
The time I did complete it, I misjudged an ordinary jump, landed in the water, climbed out and still completed within the timer limit. As others have said, you CAN take your time on this - to some extent!!

SteelCity999
02-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Everyone seems to hit the nail on the head. Be deliberate and don't rush. There's plenty of time to hit all of the buttons you need and make the jump. Much like the one other tomb - I don't remember the name but it has the levers hanging down from the ceiling - you had to be deliberate there as well to not jump off the wrong way or fall. I found when I slowed down in both instances it made it alot easier. They could have made the button combo easier(like just keeping the R1 down and pushing the L Stick whichever way you want to go) but I guess what challenge would that be. I think you need this jump for a feather in Florence as well.

HenGus
02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
The advance wall jump is ruining this excellent game for me. I have practised the technique at length using a wall and more often than not I leap in the right direction. When I apply the technique on the 'tomb run' then more often than not I end up with a 180. What can I do to restore my sanity?

shimpaku
02-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by HenGus:
The advance wall jump is ruining this excellent game for me. I have practised the technique at length using a wall and more often than not I leap in the right direction. When I apply the technique on the 'tomb run' then more often than not I end up with a 180. What can I do to restore my sanity?

Yes, I had the same problem but I finally got it through my thick old head just how to do the jump correctly about 98% of the time. Of course I'm referring to the Xbox so I don't know the buttons used on PS3 or a computer. Your best bet is to practice it first on another wall so that you are not under any pressure of the timed sequence. Once you get it you'll definitely have smile on your face! lol

If you have an Xbox just run up the wall. Then you hit the LS (left or right) BEFORE you hit the A button. There is a bit of timing in it but not all that difficult once you do it a few time in practicing and it becomes quite easy. VoilaÖ.ya got it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HenGus
02-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks. I am on a PS3. Wall jumping against a flat wall is fine but the first jump on the ledge is about one in 20 and then I run out of time. Is there anyway to exit this sequence without starting again?

shimpaku
02-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks. I am on a PS3. Wall jumping against a flat wall is fine but the first jump on the ledge is about one in 20 and then I run out of time. Is there anyway to exit this sequence without starting again?

Yes, you can exit it by going to the pause menu and you'll see (I forget the exact term) something on the order of delete memory. Of course eventually you'll eventually have to go back and finish it to get all of the tomb seals.
Once you get that jump down by practicing it where your not under any pressure you'll get it down pat with no problem. Once I did I returned to the tomb I ended up having time to spare!

If you want to see the sequence of the jumps and what its all about you can look at this link to a video of it.

!*SPOILER*! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...OEM4&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyJj4ZOEM4&feature=related)

elaine8405
02-26-2010, 04:13 PM
HenGus,

I have PS3 & also had a terrible time with this tomb, but the tips from others on this board helped a lot and I can now do the jump pretty consistently.

Here's what I do with the wall jump: Run while holding R1 + X. At the top of the jump, release X and turn L in the direction of the jump, then hit X once more.

Hope this helps!

HenGus
02-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Thanks to everyone. I am still not sure what I was doing wrong but after sharing a bottle of wine and reading the above advice, I tried again. At the 3rd attempt - success. I just hope that I do not need to use this particular skill again!

shimpaku
02-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks to everyone. I am still not sure what I was doing wrong but after sharing a bottle of wine and reading the above advice, I tried again. At the 3rd attempt - success. I just hope that I do not need to use this particular skill again!

Must have been the wine!
As far as I remember I didn't have to use that jump again sans the two DLC's which I don't have
so I can't comment on that. However, keep the wine handy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

j95959
03-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by zipitydo:
I spent about 13 hours trying to beat this zone. I was really frustrated. I got some help from another post on this site

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1039408/m/7431029728 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/7431029728)
Gadfly's and other's suggestion helped. However, I believe that the game programmer made the positions really tight. Everything has to be almost perfect. Personally I do not like timed, tight challenges like this one. They depend only on hand/eye coordination and speed. AC2 is a different game than first person shooters in that it depends heavily on strategy more than coordination. I really enjoyed this game for that reason. That said, I wish the programmers would provide alternate clever means to beat levels like this one. For example, if you get the first three levers down, then provide a clever way to get the fourth down without the clock. Or have a timer that adds a few seconds to the time-out every 15 minutes of play. I almost abandoned this game as a result of this one tomb. Hopefully the designers will be listening and AC3 will have less timed activities and more stealth, strategy and clever ones.

I agree. I'm just about ready to quit the game. There is no need to make the game this difficult.

AcanthaDante
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Personally, I didn't find it that hard, my formula is:

-Hold the high profile button (default is right mouse button, but I moved it to right shift to make it easier)
-Go in the direction you intend to go (or have Ezio face said direction
-Tap legs (spacebar by default)

But also, don't rush it, make sure you know where you're going.

figulus
03-13-2010, 04:03 AM
This is also ruining a great game for me. I've read all the advice but have simply reached the limit of my manual dexterity, I CANNOT do this
level.What do I do now, I'm stuck? Is there any way to get me out of this level so that I can finish the game. Please help me..............

elaine8405
03-13-2010, 04:35 PM
You can always abort the memory & it will be like you were never in the tomb.

Even though Lucy said (when Altair's armor was first shown) that obtaining the armor was "required for full synchronization with Ezio," I think you'll be able to complete all the missions without it. You just won't get 100% game synchronization, if that matters to you.

Sambo_Slava
03-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Dear Ubisoft

Please understand that you overestimate the value of both your user interface for AC2 and consequencely the value of entertainment of inconsequent reactions to the same input and the resulting drops in the water for hours and hours.

To put it very clearly (no matter how ingenious you may seem this level is): Please patch up this game so the entire acrobatics on this level is SKIPPED. I have done my part, and should be WAY beyon this level. You do your part and bring me there.

shimpaku
03-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by HenrikHansenDK:
Dear Ubisoft

Please understand that you overestimate the value of both your user interface for AC2 and consequencely the value of entertainment of inconsequent reactions to the same input and the resulting drops in the water for hours and hours.

To put it very clearly (no matter how ingenious you may seem this level is): Please patch up this game so the entire acrobatics on this level is SKIPPED. I have done my part, and should be WAY beyon this level. You do your part and bring me there.

My God, you certainly opted for a most grandiose way of stating something quite simple and could have been summed up in perhaps two sentences! Bottom line, you obviously donít at all care for the controller input and the ensuing difficulty of this Assassins Tomb. Actually, Iíll agree to with you as Ubisoft failed terribly in explaining the controller input that is needed for this particular jump. However, even though I had the same difficulties as apparently, and obviously, many others have had it can be done with some practice and a bit of determination. Once you see how itís done youíll see that it is quite easy albeit it does take a bit of timing. Other than that, I will agree that the developers dropped the ball here in making this particular jump more elusive to the player than was needed and was most obviously uncalled for.

SirBlade666
03-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by shimpaku:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HenrikHansenDK:
Dear Ubisoft

My God, you certainly opted for a most grandiose way of stating something quite simple and could have been summed up in perhaps two sentences! Bottom line, you obviously donít at all care for the controller input and the ensuing difficulty of this Assassins Tomb. Actually, Iíll agree to with you as Ubisoft failed terribly in explaining the controller input that is needed for this particular jump. However, even though I had the same difficulties as apparently, and obviously, many others have had it can be done with some practice and a bit of determination. Once you see how itís done youíll see that it is quite easy albeit it does take a bit of timing. Other than that, I will agree that the developers dropped the ball here in making this particular jump more elusive to the player than was needed and was most obviously uncalled for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not the jump that's the main problem, it's the timed aspect of this level. It might be possible for hardcore gamers to get through it but for more casual gamers it's impossible. It take me roughly half of the timer just to get past the first quarter of the puzzle. Games should be fun, challanging ok, but this is impossible. They should patch it so you can stick your dagger in the lever/wheel and jam the timer.

EdM4ll3n
03-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Thank God it's not just me who has had endless difficulty getting this one sorted. Without doubt the most frustrating aspect of the whole game. I came out of it after 3 days just to save my sanity!!! I'll give it another go now

SD-Razor
03-26-2010, 11:33 AM
I've just given up on this part.
You guys with PS3 and Xbox controllers can't do it, how's a PC keyboard going to work?
I've had the first jump a few times but the killer is having to release fingers to get the second keypress registered for the second part of the jump. Its a move from W to D and two clear presses on SPACE to get the first and second jumps then straight to the next section to go with W and A and two spaces and you're in the water because the damned camera angles change don't they?
Anyone got a clip hack?

uneek2005
03-27-2010, 06:08 AM
I finally managed to do this tomb by watching some video walkthroughs and reading up on the method with threads such as these. Iím playing on PC and using the 360 controller.

The key is to LET GO of all the buttons after you do the first initial jump up on the wall (stand right in front of the wall) then hit LS (right or left) + jump, I can now do this jump each time.

Like others have said take your time. I actually fell in the water on an easy ledge jump but still managed to finish the level with plenty of time to spare. I must have fell in the water about 30 times when first trying this level but thanks to the advice on here and other threads I was able to do this without any issues.

Donít give up, practice and you will get it eventually!

Thanks for all the advice guys!

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by uneek2005:
Donít give up, practice and you will get it eventually!

its not the jumping

its the god awful camera and console porting,you can plan a jump,but as soon as that cmera starts swinging off kilter you lose all track.

@ the guy/gal who created this god awful stupid section,i hope you grow a third arm that slaps you constantly for the same amount of time we have spent trying to complete this poxy section

as someone else said,entertain us,DONT us off with stress and anxiety that ruins a good game.

in AC 1 the templar knight gank near the end is why i hardly ever replay it.
you poxed the controls on that one,and you have done it again.
hire a pc gamer to show you how a keyb and mouse work,ffs.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Meleth1977
04-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Well, all the rest of you having the same problem isn't helping me much unfortunately. As someone said, if you're struggling to do it on PS3 and Xbox how the hell are we meant to do it on a PC keyboard?!?! REALLY wish there was a cheat around this one... And the rest of the tomb wasn't even that difficult, it's just this one damn jump! I'm aborting and going off to do another mission.

Meleth1977
04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Well allow me to do a WHOOOOHOOO!! I didn't abort as I said I would in the post above, I went off and did some practicing up a wall and got hang of the jump and what do you know, less then 30 minutes later I'm through the tomb http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif So maybe not so impossible after all!

cannonball2066
04-30-2010, 05:45 PM
i bet the tomb but ever time i jump down the trapdoor the game get's stuck.can anyone help me???

khan296
05-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by cannonball2066:
i bet the tomb but ever time i jump down the trapdoor the game get's stuck.can anyone help me???

I think your game or operating system is curropt.

ElitesamuraI26
05-11-2010, 08:02 AM
I can tell you that this is the most annoying puzzle ever because I'm doing this right now to get the 6th emblem.

khan296
05-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Yes it took me a while to get used to this Advance jump. The trick to do this jump is (If you had not already figured this out until now) that while running up the wall turn the pad in the direction you want to move and initiate normal jump then automatically advance jump will perform. You have to practice it.

Also when you do reach at last lever don't try to run on the balcany otherwise you fall. Initiate last advance jump there and then you can grab the lever.

I tried for 1 hour 25min to complete this Tomb puzzle.

Cathral
12-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I could quite happily shoot whoever came up with such a ******ed method of performing an action.

If it wasnt so similar to another action, under stressful time constraints and the game didnt randomly decide to jump off in a random direction it might work. As it is I am seriously considering throwing this away and not even bothering with the expansion in case it has the same controls.

Deciding to give you a new move and telling you mid timed event is not a smart idea. At least in future give alternate routes so you dont have to take the route designed by the tomb raider wannabe

LaFawna
12-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by haskelld62:
I have spent hours in this nightmare of a place trying that so called "advanced jump" and every time I "run up a wall and move LS right and push A to jump right Ezio does a 180 and jumps into the water. Is there any way (cheat or code or patch) to get around this ?? I have spent way to much time in here. If not is it really worth it to get the armour and weapons back at the villa? This is the last tomb for me to get through to open the vault. PLEASE I need an answer not more hints or clues

I had that problem until my son told me the following.

Run up the wall, then before you fall towards the ground (and while you're still on the wall) point the left analog stick in the direction you want to go and press A for xbox, x for ps3.

TheRighteousOne
12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Unfortunately in a game where you're supposed to speedily scale walls and run on roof tops, you often need to slow things down to keep your motions deliberate and not go flying off in the wrong random direction.

The best thing to do for the advanced jump is to wait for Ezio to set himself. He'll hold onto the wall, lean back a slight bit, and look up. When he does this then you can do the jump no problem.

khan296
12-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Thx I finished this game earlier this year

KabouterPitta
12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by elaine8405:
You can always abort the memory & it will be like you were never in the tomb.

Even though Lucy said (when Altair's armor was first shown) that obtaining the armor was "required for full synchronization with Ezio," I think you'll be able to complete all the missions without it. You just won't get 100% game synchronization, if that matters to you.
Confirmed by me. I finished the game with the basic armor(and all of the codex pages ofc), because I wanted a challenging game... And even with the basic armor it wasn't that of a challenge.
But back to the point: I finished the tombs after I completed the game.
But I dont know what you guys are complaining at? My and a friend of mine, both finished all 6 tombs with having to retry some timed things no more then 3 times.

So your not obligated to do all tombs, and if you want to quit that memory, you can by selecting an (I think the second one) option in the pause-menu.

khan296
12-15-2010, 03:31 AM
We guys were complaining about facing difficulty in control issue during certain action in Tombs, but also we solved that and if you are such a good player than we will see you in action during Assassins Creed Brotherhood online.

Visitaz
12-24-2010, 05:16 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif At least I am not the only one to get really stuck here. "Thank You" to all who have made it and posted advice and video.

Note to ubisoft: I also got really stuck in A. Creed I (King Richard 11:1 fight scene). I finally gave it up and went back to user episodes of Thief). Me thinks you should consider adding an "I give up" option to really hard spots after some number of tries (maybe 20?). Absolutely keep it an opiton ... maybe to keep pounding, make it a little easier, make it a lot easier, or totally give up and bypass.

Also Thanks You to ubisoft. The AC series is really great in so many ways. I think my wife bought me the next episode for Christmas.

Visitaz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AbbeyMaine
03-02-2011, 06:20 AM
I have tried this 10 times now and I can't make it past the first advanced jump. I'm doing it on keyboard and unless you are a mutant with 8 fingers on each of your 3 hands, it's bloody impossible! Whoever came up with the contextual camera flip crap, should be taken out back and given a beating with a rubber chicken.

khan296
03-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Haha we all who done that are not mutant but tried with patience. So Good Luck!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

AbbeyMaine
03-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by salmanzk:
Haha we all who done that are not mutant but tried with patience. So Good Luck!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Dude, I have better things to do with my time than spending 8 hours trying to beat these terrible controls. In comparison it only takes about 30 seconds to uninstall the game and forget about it.

khan296
03-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Thx for the sharing your thoughts. In future don't waste your time by posting threads here in this forum.

Originally posted by AbbeyMaine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by salmanzk:

Dude, I have better things to do with my time than spending 8 hours trying to beat these terrible controls. In comparison it only takes about 30 seconds to uninstall the game and forget about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AbbeyMaine
03-03-2011, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by salmanzk:
Thx for the sharing your thoughts. In future don't waste your time by posting threads here in this forum.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you owned this forum? You can randomly decide who can and who can't post where and when? Well excuse me Sir Overlord of Ubisoft Forums. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

khan296
03-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Your apolization show good manners.
Keep the sprit up and donít take it serious .

No I am not the owner of this forum but as you know its user forum so think before you post here. You are a busy person so donít waste your time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Phyrie
03-10-2011, 03:43 AM
I did it!! It took a week and a half. I am playing on a PC with a wireless Xbox 360 controller. I am completely unfamiliar with console games, so this was quite a learning curve.

I was ready to tear my hair out. I seriously considered giving my Steam password to someone so they could log in to my account and do this for me. Well, not really, but it did cross my mind. This was so difficult, I thought I would have to stop playing. Yes, yes, I know I could have finished the game without the armour, but I didn't want to!

I practiced, practiced, practiced on a wall just outside the tomb room. I restarted the timer after the first pull, so I didn't get that stupid cut scene showing the blocks moving every time I hit a bar. I sprinted when it was SAFE, but lined up the iffy jumps (when there was two or more poles/columns in the next series). I moved to the right on the third bar (that is a really crappy time to hit the water!).

I did it, after hundreds of tries. I am so glad it's over. So glad. If I had my druthers, I would have skipped it. My poor old soul was sorely stressed by this stupid tomb.

BUT, I did do it. Finally.

AbbeyMaine
03-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Good for you! I gave up doing it on the keyboard and just decided to finish the game without the armor, which didn't make much difference really. But the armor of Altair does look much cooler for sure (I downloaded someone's finished save game and tried it out). Imagine what 1Ĺ weeks with an Xbox controller would have been on the PC keyboard. I'd still be at it, but it sure sucks the fun out of the game.

montagemik
03-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Armour of Brutus Never needs repairing.(does make a difference)
And you still get it's effects if you use the Armour of Altair skin on top.

And i never had a problem with advanced jump - (on PS3 tap O to help grab ledges) But the actual jumping & aiming gave me no issues.

sima721
03-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I read many of your tips and they helped me a lot I do not know how long it would take me to pass that simple thing.
After realizing how to do that jump it took me 5 minutes to open the tomb.

So here is how I do it.

Image ilustration
http://postimage.org/image/15jt62dms/

http://postimage.org/image/15jt62dms/

Hope ti helps.

wraithwind
03-23-2011, 07:25 AM
This is not looking good. I finally got my PC copy of AC-B yesterday after pre-ordering and waiting for months. Did not see the part in the advertising where it says, "CAUTION: Mind-numbingly difficult controller contorsions required". Have run up against my first one where Desmond is going through a tunnel and needs to hop from cross beam to a pipe, then swing over to some rope. Can't get him to let go of the pipe at the best time. Is probably just my slow keyboard, but he ALWAYS ends up hanging straight down and apparently can't be made to swing his body and build up any speed. After about 150 tries using keyboard and mouse have decided to install my Logitech Rumblepad, and see if that will help. If that doesn't do the job, I may have to write off the single-player game. Which truly sux because I really like the storyline. But, I've got better things to do than waste hours trying to overcome poorly programmed controller issues that in my view, in no way enhance the gaming experience.

DeFelleJelle
03-23-2011, 08:09 AM
For those that play on PC, when you run up the wall, let go of your forward button and already press the direction you wanna jump. Then the only thing you need to do is press your run button (legs button). But I also took a few good dives in the water

AbbeyMaine
03-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Sigh! I was looking forward to Brotherhood, but if the controls suck as much as AC2, then I don't know if I will even bother with it.

stupidgames
03-24-2011, 08:53 AM
arghhhhhh GOD... been doing this for 2 days now i give up. so i just Deleted the game thx for nothing UBISOFT. if anyone have a saved that goes after colleting the altiars i would be plz i just cant solve it ive be training on a wall for hours but evry time i go back in to the cave i **** it all up...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh cry

Khephra
05-21-2011, 09:34 AM
It is the damned camera angle when trying to run up the first warrior's shield. Everything else can be done, except for the game reinterpreting commands for "run slightly to the right due to crappy camera angle" to "jump directly in water." Thanks for that craptacular suckfest, a-holes!

And Ezio, moron, can climb sheer f'ing walls, and can't manage some of this low wall crap to avoid the shield hell . ..

Matrinka
07-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Okay, I'm about to end my game forever. I simply CAN NOT TAKE THIS FREAKING TOMB ANY MORE! Its been DAYS AND DAYS of utter frustration. I got the first 3 levers... but I just can't get to the 4th one fast enough. I've watched videos, practiced the jumping, turned off the sound, meditated prior to playing so that I wouldn't rush... and NOTHING is helping me.

I'm asking plainly: is there anyone here willing to take an upload of my saved game in order to run the course and get the 4th lever for me? I want to see how the story ends, I don't want to simply give up... but the game isn't letting me take an easier route out of here.

I play video games to decrease my stress level. This game is NOT helping. My blood pressure is through the roof.

Ureh
07-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Matrinka:
Okay, I'm about to end my game forever. I simply CAN NOT TAKE THIS FREAKING TOMB ANY MORE! Its been DAYS AND DAYS of utter frustration. I got the first 3 levers... but I just can't get to the 4th one fast enough. I've watched videos, practiced the jumping, turned off the sound, meditated prior to playing so that I wouldn't rush... and NOTHING is helping me.

I'm asking plainly: is there anyone here willing to take an upload of my saved game in order to run the course and get the 4th lever for me? I want to see how the story ends, I don't want to simply give up... but the game isn't letting me take an easier route out of here.

Just in case you're not worried about missing out on any trophies/achievements: you do not need the obtain all the Assassin Seals to finish the story (the only Seal you're forced to collect is the one in Santa Maria Novella of Florence). Collecting all the Seals do not add anything to the story other than being able to unlock Armor of Altair, raising your Villa's value (which doesn't add anything to the story) and one short line from Ezio (upon receipt of the Armor).

If you do care, then I encourage you not to give up. No matter how frustrating it gets you'll eventually get it. If you give up now, all the time and effort you put into it would be for nothing. Some people require more practice/repetition than others (which is ok).

Basically they only give you enough time to perform each jump once and without pause. If you find yourself pausing for 2 to 3 seconds before each jump just so you can properly align Ezio then you're still doing it wrong even if you aren't falling into the water anymore. Try this:

1. Pull the lever.
2. Immediately start sprinting in the direction you need to go (hold down High Profile button, hold down the "legs" button, and press the directional buttons).
3. Once you've reached the first jump point you'll see some abrasions on the wall (it will be present for all 4 jumps). This is where you'll perform the advanced jump. Be familiar with which direction you need press the joystick/arrow keys at the height of your wall-run.
4. Ezio will automatically grab the lever if you performed it correctly. They'll show a short cutscene (the cutscene will not take up your timer). Be prepared for this cutscene to end; be ready to swing off it asap by having your fingers on the correct buttons.
5. Continue along the course and keep these in mind. You should be able to reach the end just before the timer runs out.

I'm sorry but this is the best I can offer. Maybe someone already PM'd you... Anyway, good luck.

Windows7-MyIdea
08-20-2011, 10:48 PM
What really effed up this game on this part were two things. 1) Every time you fall you have to SWIM back, which, with this game, swimming sucks. 2) If you get 80% through the obstacles and fall, you have to start over, especially with the first three levers.

Also, the problem with this tomb sequence is that the required commands for the first few wall jumps don't match up with what you practice with on a standard wall. If they did, you'd be able to do this without flaw.

BlackRose1809
09-19-2011, 10:17 AM
I know how you can get so frustrated, I actually went on for at least 2 weeks on that part trying to get it right. But what I did is this, I practiced like nuts.

What I found helpful is to do it like your gonna do it. Like think, how would you do it? You would run up to the wall and then turn when your up there in the air to the direction you want to go. Once you get it, practice it a lot of time until you actually get it right without fail. Then after that, just do practice runs to get all of the tomb right.

it takes time, but it's all worth it in the end. :3

Drfunkenstein57
10-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Meleth1977:
Well, all the rest of you having the same problem isn't helping me much unfortunately. As someone said, if you're struggling to do it on PS3 and Xbox how the hell are we meant to do it on a PC keyboard?!?! REALLY wish there was a cheat around this one... And the rest of the tomb wasn't even that difficult, it's just this one damn jump! I'm aborting and going off to do another mission.

Having previously moaned about this section, I too practised on a safe wall & still struggled with it. Then Eureka!!
It wasn't until I realised that when you do a vertical jump, you need to re-direct the analogue stick (or D button if using a keyboard)just before hitting the jump button again. Once I'd grasped this concept, it didn't take too long to complete the tomb - feeling rather silly for moaning about it in the first place

Sevenelevelin
10-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Hi,
Can I skip this tomb?
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Drfunkenstein57
10-10-2011, 06:00 AM
You certainly can, All you need to do is abort the memory for this (just press Esc, then select abort memory, this will only abort the tomb sequence.
You should then find youself back where you were prior to Visitaziones tomb.
However, you need to complete ALL the secret tombs & acquire the seals which will unlock Altairs armour.

Sevenelevelin
10-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Drfunkenstein57,

Thanks for your response. I'm using the controls, not keyboard; is there a way to do this on the control?
Also, I'm only at the first Tomb, Il Duomo's Secret. I'm assuming the procedure to abort memory is the same?

Thank you so much! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Drfunkenstein57
10-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Sevenelevelin:
Hi Drfunkenstein57,

Thanks for your response. I'm using the controls, not keyboard; is there a way to do this on the control?
Also, I'm only at the first Tomb, Il Duomo's Secret. I'm assuming the procedure to abort memory is the same?

Thank you so much! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm using a Saitek (xbox type) controller, In theory, it shouldn't matter which controls you use - as long as you master which buttons to press. The key is to practise until you are proficient, I never left visitaziones tomb, I just turned around & practised on the stairs that led down to the dreaded jumps. Just remember: Vertical jump (up the wall) re-direct, then press jump again before you hit the ground.
P.S. you can do the tombs in any order, so try them all & do the easiest first. It's all good practise, & different people find different tombs more challenging than the ones others find easy - if that makes sense, I just wish I'd taken more time & savoured the experience, rather than rushing through each tomb.

tilthead
11-12-2011, 09:14 AM
To all the folks who have expressed anger and frustration over this part of the game, you have my full support and empathy. If I could only waste weeks and weeks of the lives of the people who coded this abysmal place it would do my heart and soul a world of good. To those who claim they did it on their first try or in 20 minutes, you are shameless liars. There is no way that is true. I have (miraculously, and only after hundreds if not thousands of tries) gotten through this successfully *one time only* and believe me, it hasn't gotten any easier. I'm sure all the advice about which buttons to hit and when is well-intentioned, but take my word for it, the coding is so tight that it's virtually a random (and very low probability) event when you succeed. Getting Ezio to jump correctly on a consistent basis is IMPOSSIBLE. It cannot be done, which is some kind of a sick joke by Ubisoft. Sometimes Ezio does it right, but the vast, vast majority of the time he does it wrong. And the advice about taking your time -- also well intentioned, I'm sure, but you've gotta move through this thing at a pretty good clip or you'll fail even if you get Ezio to jump correctly. So, for what it's worth, my advice is to tell Ubisoft to take their Armor of Altair and shove it. Don't waste your time in this awful place. Play the game without getting the dumb armor and succeed anyway -- and with your sanity intact.

tacodip75
02-11-2012, 05:01 AM
I would just like to say that these stupid jumps do nothing to add to the gaming experience. You are ruining the game for me and it seems a lot of other people. Maybe you developers should read these forums and try and actually improve not keep the same ****.. Developers, your eternity is going to be you trying to do and "Advanced wall jump" and the controls change everytime you try, and we'll all laugh at you everytime you try. and you'll get so frustrated, but it turns out this is some infinite loop you can't ever get out of...thats your eternity.:D

I will never buy or play another ubisoft game EVER

tshadley99
02-22-2012, 04:53 PM
OMG, I got through this. I still can't believe it. This forum thread gave me what I needed though, but I'll toss in a few other things that I felt helped because I was ready to just forget about this darn thing.
1) Obviously practice that hard as heck 'special' jump. I just climbed back up the stairs to the previous room and practiced on the big door. Even after reading this forum it took me a while before I actually got "E" to jump sideways, and it was like, "Whoa, what did I just do?" Then I'd try it again and either get nothing or worse, the dreaded 'reverse' jump. I'd get about 5 practice jumps correct in a row and then I'd go 10+ with bad jumps. It just took a lot of practice to get those left and right sideways jumps to work out. Even when I finally got through this I was still only getting the jump right about 80% of the time.
2) Even if you run out of time no matter how much progress you made on that particular run just keep practicing that section. Just swim to the last location and go through that section over and over. Oddly for me the section I struggled with was jumping up those darn stone steps. One false move and you are down in the water. Each section has several places where you just need to stay calm when you 'aren't doing the special jump.
3) There are only three places where you need to make the special jump. The first wall, the second jump from the 'round' pillar, and then the third jump which gets you over to the lever and drops you down before you start heading up the stone steps. For some reason I thought that when you reached the wall where there is water dripping down that you needed to do another special jump. You don't. It works, but you don't need to do the fancy jump. Just turn side ways and jump up on to the ledge.
4) Sleep on it. For whatever reason whenever I've encountered a section that I can't get through on any game and I feel 'stuck' I just leave it alone for a day and come back the next. That's what I did on this one. I spent hours the first time trying to get through this but by then my nerves were too tight so I was making a lot of stupid mistakes. I tried it again this morning and within 45 minutes I got through.
5) Turn the brightness level all the way up. It was somewhat 'foggy' but it helped to see the darker stones, logs, etc.

Again though the biggest advice is that even when the clock runs out just keep going and practicing in that section. Each progressive has a place where you can swim back to and do that section over and over again. Then when you feel confident go back to the beginning and start the timer and go for it.

Total time spent to get through this - about 8 hours for me, and that was with constant practicing. Good luck, but you can do this.

DanSwang27
07-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Doing that tomb now.....have been working on it for awhile..I have gave up and went on to other things befor but now I need to beat it or else I will just shelf it...lol

Kytr
07-19-2012, 10:23 PM
One other point. You lose a little time (or at least focus) during the cut-scenes as you activate each lever. The next time through, you don't get the cut-scene, which means you get through that section a little easier and quicker. I have missed getting this when time ran out after I started wall jump to the last lever.

SixKeys
07-24-2012, 04:16 PM
The thing to do is not to panic. That can be the hardest part when you're on your 17th try, but there is enough time even when you hear the timer start to tick faster. But if you panic and fall in the water even once, it's all over. I learned that the hard way. :p

davenippon
11-08-2012, 07:07 AM
I got Assassin"s Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood and a preorder of 3 for my birthday.
Finished 1, have been playing 2 and have gotten to this stupid tomb. It is not a matter of "oh I don't undertstand how to get through" etc. it is just a matter of the programming being CRAP for the PC port. I will not be finishing this game and I will be selling my Brotherhood and 3 (if I can't cancel) unopened. Sorry Ubisoft, you really f@cked the pooch.

sdshelt
01-29-2014, 06:18 PM
There's no need to rush. If you move the controller stick up (so you run up the wall) and then right (to give the jump the correct direction) and THEN a split second later hit the jump button, you'll be fine. The controller will understand that "right" is a separate command, followed by "jump". And once your hands learn the timing of the drill, advanced jumps shouldn't be a problem again.

I created a login just to reply to this. Grant it, it's years old but THANK YOU for this!!! I am not proud to admit I did throw my controller and yelled many obscenities. Then I googled about making 180 degree turns and found this. I read this message, went to a bigger room and practiced and got through on the next try. I was totally rushing before. I was deliberate and even fell once in the water and still managed to get up and succeed. Thank you for the help!

hdme
01-06-2015, 04:33 AM
I'm just on this part atm (pc). The thing is it's not just about timing, it's also about CAMERA ANGLE... and that, my friends, is a developers' issue.

When you get to the second jump (round pillar and left wall jump), as you run up to the pillar the camera angle pulls you to the left. This is pita as when I try to reposition a little further to the right (yes, I have made that jump), I jump into the water.

One thing I have found is if you fall into the water, on some parts you can swim and climb and continue on. I did get to the last hanging pole but didn't realise I had to hang there and dropped :( So now it's another few hours of running around with the game driving me nuts (with the sound off btw). Wish me luck! (and damn ubi!).

VoldR
01-06-2015, 06:33 AM
Had to check to find out which tomb is this, lol

I believe ur talking about with the statue? Took the third time to get it right iirc.

hdme
01-08-2015, 10:46 PM
I believe ur talking about with the statue? Took the third time to get it right iirc.

@ VoldR, so it is! Didn't even notice that when the cutscene played. It's his shield you run up. Took me many many tries, probably up to 50. Lost count!

Katnipkitkat
05-14-2016, 04:04 PM
I was not looking forward to doing this tomb because I figured there would probably be something that you had to do with in a set time. OMG! I am so AWFUL at timed stuff! I'm the type that gets all discombobulated and ends up just wildly jumping up and down the same ledge in a panic when I am supposed to be smoothly parkouring it to the other side. After trying the run up the wall and jump right ending in a 180 into the water every time I was like, man there has got to be more to this than the little how to box that pops up on the screen. Thank god I found this thread that says what timing you need to use on the controller to get the jump right! This is my first PS game, just got it 3 days ago. My husband had other games but they weren't really the kind I was interested in, so I didn't play them. I like this one a lot. The easy parts are really easy but the timed parts make me want to throw the controller!

Ureh
05-15-2016, 07:17 PM
I was not looking forward to doing this tomb because I figured there would probably be something that you had to do with in a set time. OMG! I am so AWFUL at timed stuff! I'm the type that gets all discombobulated and ends up just wildly jumping up and down the same ledge in a panic when I am supposed to be smoothly parkouring it to the other side. After trying the run up the wall and jump right ending in a 180 into the water every time I was like, man there has got to be more to this than the little how to box that pops up on the screen. Thank god I found this thread that says what timing you need to use on the controller to get the jump right! This is my first PS game, just got it 3 days ago. My husband had other games but they weren't really the kind I was interested in, so I didn't play them. I like this one a lot. The easy parts are really easy but the timed parts make me want to throw the controller!

Oh yah, this section was infamous since it's one of the few, if not only, times where the game requires us to perform the wall jump several times. Just in case you didn't know, there's also a Giant Squid easter egg in that section of Visitazione (footage can be found on youtube).

Hope you enjoy the rest of the AC games!

fieryelsa
05-18-2016, 02:11 PM
I went very close too but I can't seem to beat it. Glad there is this forum to talk about it...
In the end I got distracted by another new indie game Throne of Lies... I heard their website is giving away alpha keys, anyone knows?

Darthavyn
12-25-2016, 04:37 AM
Hello all,

I want to thank all those that gave pointers on how to pass this incredibly frustrating level. There were times when I thought I would never complete it, but I finally finished it today. It took me 6 months... No, I didn't play every day; I started Visitazione's Secret sometime in May/June and just got so burned out with failing that I decided to do something else anything else. Eventually, I decided to give it another try and still failed numerous times. However, I found some good advice here and gave it another try. It still took me about an hour, but I'm glad I finished.

The most useful bit of advice is to practice the advanced jump over and over again. Head back up the stairway and practice jumping up the wall and then doing the advanced jump. Go right, go left, go right, go left. Mix it up a bit. Do it over and over again until you get tired of it. Rest your hands a bit and then give the mission another go. You may not succeed on your first attempt or even you next several but with some determination you can make it. On my finishing round, I fell into the water twice but was still able to complete the run.

Also, on the second advanced jump make certain you are facing the shield on the statue. The game grabs the camera and Ezio looks a little to the left. If you don't orientate Ezio to face the shield before jumping, you will likely end up in the water.

I wish everyone that puts themselves through this torturous level the best.