PDA

View Full Version : The New Clouds

SpitfireSeafire
07-08-2005, 11:19 PM
I have a merged Il2FB+AEP+PF install patched to 4.01m. I wanted to turn on the new clouds, so I went to my IL2 folder, opened up a file named conf and look for the TypeClouds= line in the text editor so I could turn on the new clouds. I had no such luck, the line itself appeared, to not appear.

Any help?

BPLIzard
07-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Under the [game] entry in the conf.ini, you have to add the line TypeClouds=1
Online, the host needs to have the feature enabled in order to see the effect.

SpitfireSeafire
07-08-2005, 11:45 PM
So the line doesn't already exist, I have to add it manually?

Do I need to add it in any specific place, like in alphabetical order or something. Or can I just pop it in at the beginning or end of the list of [game] configurations?

BPLIzard
07-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Yes, you have to add it manually.
No, there's no specific place. I added it at the end.

OMK_Hand
07-09-2005, 01:22 AM
If memory serves, the new clouds are enabled by default.

The line you refer to needs to be added to the conf.ini only as a means of switching them off if required.

0 = off.
1 = on.

Waldo.Pepper
07-09-2005, 02:07 AM
OMFG

Read the readme

From the readme...

-----

New clouds

The new patch introduces brand new clouds. In order to use them you must manually edit the conf.ini file located in your main game folder before launching the game. Open the file with a text editor, locate the [game] section and in the TypeClouds= line write in either 0 or 1, then save the file.

TypeClouds=0 - old clouds
TypeClouds=1 - new clouds

Note:
When playing online the player will see the cloud type set by the server, and not as individually set in their conf.ini. This is done to ensure all players see the same tactical situation in the air regardless of their settings.