PDA

View Full Version : AEP concerns

Munda1965
11-07-2004, 11:10 AM
I've had IL2FB since it's release, and really enjoy it.

I recently went to buy Ace Expansion, but could not find it anywhaere. I tried to buy it online twice with no joy. second time from UBI.com. Having already got PF very quickly from UBI.com, I thought it should be no problem.

However, after getting a confirmation email of my order dated 10/25/2004, I'm still awaiting delivery. Worse than that, when I try to track my order at ubi.com, the web page tells me I have no order!?...and tells me I live in the USA all of a sudden...not correct!
The comunication "form" on the web page give an error page not found....

The other weird thing is that in anticipation of AEP arriving I have tried to find out just what I'm buying by looking for info online....no joy there either. On the Il2 web page the dedicated to AEP, there is no screen shots, and the infos given seem to refer to Forgotten battles?

Firther, the work in progress screenshot page seems to cover stuff right from the start of FB and also cover PF, but shows nothing of AEP...?

What gives??? Anyone got any ideas as to what's going on, espesialy as to how I can sort out my order, for which I have an order no.

I'm a little frustraded and would really like to get this addon as it is the link I need to combine FB & PF, which is my ultimate goal.

Munda1965
11-07-2004, 11:10 AM
I've had IL2FB since it's release, and really enjoy it.

I recently went to buy Ace Expansion, but could not find it anywhaere. I tried to buy it online twice with no joy. second time from UBI.com. Having already got PF very quickly from UBI.com, I thought it should be no problem.

However, after getting a confirmation email of my order dated 10/25/2004, I'm still awaiting delivery. Worse than that, when I try to track my order at ubi.com, the web page tells me I have no order!?...and tells me I live in the USA all of a sudden...not correct!
The comunication "form" on the web page give an error page not found....

The other weird thing is that in anticipation of AEP arriving I have tried to find out just what I'm buying by looking for info online....no joy there either. On the Il2 web page the dedicated to AEP, there is no screen shots, and the infos given seem to refer to Forgotten battles?

Firther, the work in progress screenshot page seems to cover stuff right from the start of FB and also cover PF, but shows nothing of AEP...?

What gives??? Anyone got any ideas as to what's going on, espesialy as to how I can sort out my order, for which I have an order no.

I'm a little frustraded and would really like to get this addon as it is the link I need to combine FB & PF, which is my ultimate goal.

thefarb2
11-07-2004, 12:20 PM
that's a tough one. pf probably won't be on shelves long either. best game too.

ZG77_Lignite
11-07-2004, 02:30 PM
No good suggestions, other than to look for a Forgotten Battles/Ace Expansion Gold Pack, which would contain both. You are correct in that to install PacificFighters into ForgottenBattles, you need the AceExpansionPack.

Skycat_2
11-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Gold Pack does include AEP, but you'd be buying FB a second time as well, which doubles the price. I can't comment on availability in your area, but I've recently seen AEP as a single unit in the northeastern and (more commonly) northwestern U.S. I also see there are currently new and used copies for sale through Amazon.com.

As for what it includes, take a look at this review: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/il2sturmovikfbace/review.html I think this review has a good mix of screenshots and content listing.

I'd never be able to construct a full list of features from memory, but here's what I recall:

- Ardennes and Normandy maps from FB upgrade patch 1.21;
- Pacific Online map from FB 1.21 patch made selectable in Quick Mission Builder;
- U.S. ground vehicles plus numerous objects from FB patch 1.21;
- AI B-17G and C-47 from FB patch 1.21;
- Flyable P-51D-5NT, Japanese A6M5, and Japanese Ki-84 from upgrade patch 1.21;
- Flyable P-51B, P-51C (RAF version with Malcolm hood) -- both with reflector site -- and P-51D-20 with K-11 'lead computing' gyroscopic gunsight;
- Flyable P-38J and P-38L "Lightning";
- Flyable P-63 King Cobra U.S. fighter;
- Flyable YP-80 Shooting Star prototype U.S. fighter jet with K-11 gyroscopic gunsight;
- Flyable Japanese A6M2 variant and two more flyable variants of the Japanese Ki-84;
- Four flyable variants of the Spitfire Mk.V, including two clipped wing variants;
- (Post 2.01 patch) Four flyable variants of the Spitfire Mk. IX;
- (Post 2.01 patch) Four AI variants of the B-25;
- (Post 2.01 patch) Online desert map with coast, islands and mountains;
- (Post 2.01 patch) Two variants flyable Soviet I-185 experimental fighter;
- Flyable German Bf-109Z twin fuselage concept design;
- Flyable Me163B rocket powered fighter;
- Flyable He162 jet powered fighter;
- Flyable Ho229 Gotha jet powered flying wing concept design;
- AI V-1 rocket with launch rails;
- Ta 152H high altitude prop-driven interceptor;
- Flyable FW-190/Ju88 combo "Mistel" guided bomb with mushroom cloud explosion;
- Flyable Bf-110 G-2 'Zerstorer' twin engined ground attack plane;
- AI Fw-200;
- Resized targeting reticle on Revi sights (much larger diameter);
- Flyable Soviet TB-3/I-16 combo (sorry, I don't remember the name) that carries the little fighters under the wings of the bomber and releases near target;
- Flyable Finnish JA-8 (British "Gladiator");
- Flyable Italian CR.42 and G.50;
- More dynamic campaigns for Eastern Front, including Slovak campaign with language pack, skins and pilot roster pics, a Normandie Nieman campaign with French language pack, and a Bf-110 campaign;
- Several single missions that highlight the new aircraft, including a V-1 tipping mission in a P-51C, a Mistel bombing mission, and a 'what if' jet battle.

All in all, when you consider all the possibilities this expansion opens to mission builders and online flyers, the add-on is well worth the money.

Skycat_2
11-07-2004, 04:48 PM
For AEP development screenshots, start here ( http://www.il2sturmovik.com/forgotten_battles/fb_development_300404.php ) and keep hitting 'Next Page' -- the updates go in backwards order, so 'next' is actually earlier.

The page I linked is from April 2004 and seems to deal with possible inclusions to the AEP upgrade patch; some things made it and I guess some things got held back. If you keep going you'll see more shots from right after AEP was released (Christmas-ish) and then the pre-release development history. Don't get confused by the BoB shots; that's a different sim in development.

Monty_Thrud
11-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Its available at Amazon...have you paid for it, if yes i'd get intouch with Ubi

Munda1965
11-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Thanks everyone, that's the sort of info I needed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sorry for the slow reply, but as I'm on the other side of the Atlantic, I was probably in bed.