PDA

View Full Version : Tags/distance and arrow?

Drunken_Moose
02-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi fellow pilots!

I am new at this and wanted a few tips on enemy localizing.

Sometimes, I can hear my wingman saying "Enemy at 7 o clock".

Ok, so now I see an arrow in the border of the screen stating on which side the enemy is.

Now, in all honesty I'm a noob. I need tags to be visisble very far otherwise, I'm having a real problem getting into the dogfight. Is there any place I can configure the tag distance?

And also, is there any way I can start a mission, then immediately get into a fight? (Without having to do the tedious half an hour trip to the enemies).

Basicaly, I need tips on how to locate enemies quick, and get to them, and also how to eliminate tedious moment, for practice purpose of course.

Thanks!

Drunken_Moose
02-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi fellow pilots!

I am new at this and wanted a few tips on enemy localizing.

Sometimes, I can hear my wingman saying "Enemy at 7 o clock".

Ok, so now I see an arrow in the border of the screen stating on which side the enemy is.

Now, in all honesty I'm a noob. I need tags to be visisble very far otherwise, I'm having a real problem getting into the dogfight. Is there any place I can configure the tag distance?

And also, is there any way I can start a mission, then immediately get into a fight? (Without having to do the tedious half an hour trip to the enemies).

Basicaly, I need tips on how to locate enemies quick, and get to them, and also how to eliminate tedious moment, for practice purpose of course.

Thanks!

Tully__
02-16-2005, 07:04 PM
In the main game screen, click on "Quick Mission Builder" to put together practice missions quickly and easily.

Click here (http://www.airwarfare.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ_Pilots.htm#022) for an article on customising icon display.

Drunken_Moose
02-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Thanks! I've done that yesterday, and it's much better! I can set up a dogfight in less than 2mins.

For now, I am hunting big *** C-47s, but I should able to chase pesky Zero soon with a little bit of practice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But I need a read on advanced maneuvering, is the IL2 physics engine really advanced when it comes to different ways to maneuver?

Right now, I only use pitch/rudder/throttle.