PDA

View Full Version : question patch4.01 over 4.0 clean install

jessi1
06-17-2005, 06:12 AM
Please im not trying to start anything bad here i just want a few answers, I have noticed a difference in torque and the absence of lots of rudder needed for certain planes in 4.01 compared to 4.0, no biggy for me,you can say all you want but i personally feel a difference in the fm, ok that being said if i do a clean install(delete my ubi soft folder and all) and install up to 3.04 and then 4.01 will there be a difference then just 4.01 over 4.0. I really dont want to do this because i lose my joystick settings and last time i did it i had a hard time figuring out what controlled id to set my pitch,roll,and yaw to. I read the joystick advice on airwarfare.com but i still hard a hard time figuring it out, in my game under the hardware input were you set the settings for pitch,roll,yaw i lost my yaw section all together and i cant even use that section to set the settings because it doesnt do a thing, i can only set the settings in config folder, so this is why i dont want to re-install and patch everything, but i will if this really will make a difference(i dont see why it would to be honest) can someone tell me and others how much difference if any this will make, because Oleg stated that you will be able do d/l over 4.0 no problem. thanks and by no means is this a whine i love this game and im happy with the patch, im just curious about this.

Tvrdi
06-17-2005, 06:21 AM
go to the hospital with me because they told me Im hallucinating (because i hav the same opinion like you my friend)

jessi1
06-17-2005, 06:39 AM
Tvrdi please i read your posts and the answers you got back and i dont want the same thing here, i only want to know if there is a difference in this 3.04 to 4.01 or not, how can people fly online if there is a difference in this(some 3.04 to 4.01 and others 4.0 to 4.01). I love this patch no matter what and will fly the way i do no matter the different feelings the patches have because i know my plane well and fly her with confidence, but if there is a difference then something is wrong and should be addressed properly because it will be an advantage online to those whos plane will not stall as easy or whatever the different things are, you said that Oleg e-mailed your freind and from what i gathered(since you wont say) it sounds like he himself said to re-install from 3.04 to 4.01 ??? so it makes me think does he know it makes a differnce or not and what is going on, if Oleg told you to do this and you will see a difference then this needs to be addressed to the community because many people d/l over 4.0 and have the right to know if there is a difference or not. Please post what he said or we will think you are bull sh$tting us. I love this game and dont have any beef about the patch or anything, its just i would and should be allowed to know if there is a significant differenc, thats all. Salute..... and a big Salute to you Oleg and crew for everything youve given us to date, keep it up.

FlatSpinMan
06-17-2005, 06:40 AM
Kind of wondering, too. I don't particularly care but if it is better I suppose I should try it.I'm too lazy to install it all over again or back up stuff- skins, Mat Manager,user-made campaigns, etc.

Yskonyn23
06-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Like someone else said already: Why make such a big out of it?! Just install the patch how you want it to be; either on top of v4.0m or with a fresh v3.04m install.
That's supposedly what makes the difference afterall as several people claim.
So simple: if you don't like 4.01m when installed over v4.0m, then uninstall and reinstall over a fresh v3.04m. Period.

Not that I think it matters though...

jessi1
06-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Im not making a big fuss over it, read my post again mate, i just want to know if it does or doesnt make a difference and if it does then how much. If you fly online regulary like me then you should want to know the difference because it (could)be an advantage to some, thats all. Im also just curious as to Oleg maybe saying that installing the correct way there is a difference(not saying he said that just going by tvardis post).

Yskonyn23
06-17-2005, 06:59 AM
If that's you only question, m a t e, then read the flourishing threads, instead of creating a new one on a topic already discussed in too many threads. It's not like there are none, you know. So don't be surprised you get 'not so nice replies'.

Tvrdi
06-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Yskonyn23:
Like someone else said already: Why make such a big out of it?! Just install the patch how you want it to be; either on top of v4.0m or with a fresh v3.04m install.
That's supposedly what makes the difference afterall as several people claim.
So simple: if you don't like 4.01m when installed over v4.0m, then uninstall and reinstall over a fresh v3.04m. Period.

Not that I think it matters though...

yes, but that means we are playin two different FMs...onw with 4.01 over 4.0 and second 4.01 over 3.04...this makes no sense...i doubt its a prob...but anyway Ill try when Ill be at home...

Yskonyn23
06-17-2005, 07:07 AM
It has been officially announced that the only difference in the two patches in ONE single file (search for Ivan's posts). Besides the patch is zipped and the only thing being done it new files copied over old files, not altered like RTPatch procedure does.

Technically there's no single clue to assume v4.01m is (apart from the two things mentioned in the readme) different from v4.0m in a big way.

jessi1
06-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Yskonyn 23 this has not been answered on the other threads so untill it is i will ask whatever it is i want to ask, if you dont have a nice response then dont respond, im not(as i already said) trying to cause a problem with anyone i want a simple question asked thats all. This is a forum for discussion and thats all i want to do is discuss this matter with mature people who may be of some use here. This community(i believe all though things are changing a bit) is still a great place to talk and discuss many great things about our beloved flight sim so please dont take this question in bad taste its only a question for me and im sure many others.

Yskonyn23
06-17-2005, 07:22 AM
The fact that it hasn't been answered in a way you like doesn't mean other threads don't have the exact same subject.
Besides in case you didn't know: there's a mass hysteria going on and one camp thinks v4.01m over v4.0m f***s up the whole game while the other thinks it's ****. It's the same like AMD versus Intel, Axis warplanes vs. Allied warplanes.... They will never agree. So stop posting new topics already.

If you happened to miss em here are those threads:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/1151001133
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2741076033
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/1771017033

See? Already three threads and it didn't even cost me any hard time to find them.
Of course they are long threads, but adding new threads to the forum just because you're too lazy to browse through text is not the way to go.

Oh and:

It has been officially announced that the only difference in the two patches in ONE single file (search for Ivan's posts). Besides the patch is zipped and the only thing being done it new files copied over old files, not altered like RTPatch procedure does.

Technically there's no single clue to assume v4.01m is (apart from the two things mentioned in the readme) different from v4.0m in a big way.

-HH-Quazi
06-17-2005, 07:31 AM
The m8's that are saying th fm is different after installing the 4.01m over the 4.00m should do a clean install and patch 4.01m over 3.04m. Then post back with your observations between the two. This is the only way you are going to know for sure and for yourselves. I did the same and can't tell one iodas differnce between the two.

Capt._Tenneal
06-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Will be seeing two kinds of servers now ?

3.04 -> 4.01

4.0 -> 4.01

jessi1
06-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Dont know, theres no more help here in these forums they have turned into a place of argument. I said i didnt want to start anything here only wanted to get a few answers and what i get is that im lazy for not reading a bunch of threads about people arguing with each other. Never mind i dont need to stoop to this bitterness that i feel from some, have a good day gents.

Yskonyn23
06-17-2005, 08:16 AM
No bitterness jessi1 (I assume you are refering to my post) and if you don't get my point, then I am sorry. At least you're now going to do the smart thing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Observe instead of post.
Have a nice day yourself.

Badsight.
06-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Technically there's no single clue to assume v4.01m is (apart from the two things mentioned in the readme) different from v4.0m in a big way. "no single clue" huh

do they always say everything thats new in the read-me ?

have you totally tested this patch out to be able to make such a statement ?

jessi1
06-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Salute to you yskonyn23 no dis respect to you whatsoever, think i will just leave it the way it is(if its not broke dont try to fix it right) see you in the air.

Yskonyn23
06-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Have I tested the patch? No.
It's what has been stated by Ivan who has it from Oleg and his gang.

Have you -or anyone else for that matter- had enough time to thoroughly test the patch to claim v4.01m sucks in relation to v4.0m?
No I don't think so.

Besides don't claim something on assumptions, claim things based on facts. So far I haven't seen a single argument about the whining about v4.01m being a step backward and blabla with 100% proof, whereas official word do say that the differences are nothing more than the two items listed in the readme. Guess who I am going to believe.

@jessi1: Check you six, m8. Happy landings.

Badsight.
06-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Have I tested the patch? No.
It's what has been stated by Ivan who has it from Oleg and his gang.. & i have to ask you again , have all changes that a new patch brings ever been stated here at the forums or in the read-me

Badsight.
06-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Have you -or anyone else for that matter- had enough time to thoroughly test the patch to claim v4.01m sucks in relation to v4.0m?
No I don't think so.. so i claimed that did i

go fly it yourself , its _not_ just like 4.0 was , so get off the high horse

Besides don't claim something on assumptions . . . . . . .whereas official word do say that the differences are nothing more than the two items listed in the readme. so your assuming that the 2 stated changes are all there is , one flight is all you need dude , otherwise id stay away from assuming the official statement was all their is to it

Yskonyn23
06-17-2005, 08:52 AM
You're being paranoid, Badsight.
On the other hand, it could also be your 'badsight' on things...
*sigh* some people just are so thick. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
ROTFL!

Whatever makes your ***** wet man...