PDA

View Full Version : Defending The Chest / Kill Your Targets... I Need Help

KHRYS_24
01-26-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm really bad at this part of Chest Capture. What are your tips on this part of Chest Capture? Im alright in capturing the chest, I usually avg around 5-6 captures if i play the whole round with a group and not come in late like some matches as you can see here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87uCachLDbI

But for the Defending The Chest part, I really suck. I just run around and then kill. I really want to try and do this by being stealthy and not running around to get kills. I know how to protect the treasure from others that are trying to capture it. But, I usually get my kills by running up to the opponent or chasing the opponent. For those who are really good at this part of Chest Capture, what are your tips on killing the opponent for maximum points instead of doing what im doing like running up or chasing my opponent then kill. If you can post a video also, it'll be more helpful.

cobwebegg
01-26-2011, 10:15 AM
When I'm on defence I try to get high. There's normally a building are a wall or something above street level near to the chest that will give you a pretty good view of the area.

Get up there and be on the look out suspicious activity. People often forget to look up, they can easily overlook you. If you get lucky you'll see them while they're still running to the chest or even as they use their disguise.

Mark them and if they happen to pass close jump on their heads. If they don't come in to your range a team mate will do the job for you.

Don't forget almost every chest has a hidden area where the capture zone goes through the wall check these spot often. You'll often find 2 or 3 people huddled in to a tiny space. Drop a LL smoke bomb on them and if you're quick and a bit lucky you can get two kills before a stun can be thrown at you.

KHRYS_24
01-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by cobwebegg:
When I'm on defence I try to get high. There's normally a building are a wall or something above street level near to the chest that will give you a pretty good view of the area.

Get up there and be on the look out suspicious activity. People often forget to look up, they can easily overlook you. If you get lucky you'll see them while they're still running to the chest or even as they use their disguise.

Mark them and if they happen to pass close jump on their heads. If they don't come in to your range a team mate will do the job for you.

Don't forget almost every chest has a hidden area where the capture zone goes through the wall check these spot often. You'll often find 2 or 3 people huddled in to a tiny space. Drop a LL smoke bomb on them and if you're quick and a bit lucky you can get two kills before a stun can be thrown at you.

Nice, thanks. Yea I know about those little spots where the range goes through walls as well as I take advantage of that and it usually pays off a lot. Instead of actually staying next to where the actually chest is at, I'm behind the wall next to it and still able to capture it.