PDA

View Full Version : Finding ships

Cibi_
03-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Hi! It's very hard for me to find any enemy ship. I tried all methods I know about. On patrol route I try to submerge and rig for silence trying to hear any ship incoming, but no contacts reported. When batteries go out I surface and let watch crew to look for ships. After 2 patrols I found only 1 ship and it was German... Any help and suggestions? (realism 92%)

VicemanFIN
03-30-2005, 02:26 AM
What year are you playing? And what flotilla? I had some difficulties to find ships in first flotilla, after transfered to 7th flotilla i got to sail more dangerous waters with more enemies.

Cibi_
03-30-2005, 02:39 AM
I play 1939 in 1st Flotilla. I know it's hard to find convoys or warships, but where are all the merchant ships? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

CapnAJ
03-30-2005, 02:47 AM
Try to plan routes that'll cover known merchant routes (on the paper map) on your way to the patrol location you've been allocated.

axeman3d
03-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Stay on the surface as much as possible, with watch officer and watchmen at all times. Every 50-60 kms on your way to your patrol area stop and have a quick listen for ships. Travel areas that are marked as having convoy or merchant traffic as you head to and from your assigned area. There are lots of merchants scattered along these routes, but early in the war they are so scattered that they can be hard to find.

Cibi_
03-30-2005, 03:33 AM
Thanks! I think I have to find common merchant routes. I hope it will help. If not then I will go to Scapa Flow shouting: 'Give me some meat for my hungry torps, bastards!!!' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

xanty
03-30-2005, 03:58 AM
1. Keep on know routes and areas close to ports or entrance of maritim trafic (like Ireland, South-West England, etc) There is a map included on the DVD Plot a ziz-zag route to cover the area as much as possible.

2. Keep on the surface if weather is good-fair. Those are your eyes. Like it has been said, listen under 30mts every 1-2 hours)

3. At night, I usually go down 40mts to listen, since watching is harder in the night. But always alternate under/over water Make sure your sonar/radio crew are fresh and high on their skills.

4. Some missions u can find lots of ships, others, none. Kepp movng to those "fishing areas".

5. 1-2 weeks on the sea is min. you should be on patrol, unless u spend the torps/fuel.

6. Enjoy the hunting! I sure do :-)