PDA

View Full Version : Getting ACR tomorrow!!! A few questions.

Sarari
11-21-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm getting ACR tomorrow and I'm so psyched about it!! But before I get it, I'd like to ask a few questions:

1. Is it better than Brotherhood?
2. What's its overall level? Good, great, bad, horrible, etc.?
3. Is it worth actually buying?

Thanks in advance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 07:28 PM
1 ) Not overall better but different really. It lacks the wow factor and diversity that Brotherhood previously offered IMO.
2 ) Great nevertheless. The ending is especially touching if you're into the series.
3 ) What kind of question is that? :\

Altair661
11-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Im gonna be honest with ya Sarai.

1) Yes and No, story wise, hell yes. The story with both Ezio and Altair gives a very fitting ending to the two's story. And the ending, is just like your average AC game. Except they should've named it, Assassin's Creed: A Few Answers, but Some Even Bigger Questions. But nearly no side missions besides ranking up your Assassin's and the Dens.

2) Good, I think this game finally shows how the 1 year time constraint has affected the game overall. The story is very good, I could care less for the City, didn't have enough monuments for me and it just felt like a lot of the same thing. Although the Bazaar reminds me of AC1. But Like I said earlier, not many side mission, Altair sequences are especially short(5-15 min each), and the Desmond parts are beyond me. The last one is the only good one. HOWEVER, the multiplayer has improved greatly and I really like it (didn't really play it in ACB, bt Deathmatch is amazing)

3) Yes, and no. If it wasn't for the fact that it's an Assassin's Creed game and I was dying to know what was gonna happen, I wouldn't have paid a full $60 for it. Unless you can get $60 out of a 10-12 hour or so story, and you freakin love the Multiplayer to death. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, it's a bit dissapoiting outside the story compared to ACB and AC2. For example, What happened to 30-40 min Altair sequences? Random Events side missions that never happen? And free roaming Masyaf and a 3rd City?

Bottom line, it's good. But Ubisoft needs more time. Hopefully AC3 brings justice to the series and bring it back to it's AC2 greatness. However after I beat it two days later I popped in Skyrim and I still have tons of crap to do it in that. I play some ACR MP frequently though. The story is great, but after you beat it and rank up your Assassins there's not a ton of stuff to do like ACB. Unless your into collecting pointless books...

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 07:53 PM
@Altair661:

So was Ubi-Montreal supposed to come up with fictional monuments to fill Constantinopole? Not trying to get into a debate but I really do not understand what you're trying to say here or what the alternative would be.

Also, concerning the Alta´r segments, it is clear they were meant to provide some answers concerning the man itself, not to be the main course when it comes to the gameplay.

I wish Ubi-Montreal had more time but things are the way it is and side-missions aside, I honestly doubt the game could be better.

EDIT:

Also, a source concerning 30 minutes for the sequences with Alta´r, free-roaming Masyaf and random side-missions would be great.

Honestly, I think that was a myth to begin with spread around by the fanbase.

Sarari
11-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Sadly, people on the forums have given me a bad impression on ACR. I mean, it looks amazing, and I'm so tempted to watch their missions on youtube, but I never thought the game was actually that bad compared to what it looks like.

I'm gonna buy it, and if it doesn't please me, that will be a big disappointment.

SleezeRocker
11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
If you were always a fan of Assassin's Creed, Revelations wouldn't dissapoint.

And if you manage getting Tax Evade trophy before finishing the game, then consider yourself dam lucky http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sarari
11-21-2011, 09:10 PM
What's tax evade?....and I have an Xbox http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SleezeRocker
11-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
What's tax evade?....and I have an Xbox http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Achievement in your book then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
It's where you have to pimp slap a Courier but...idk for me I never even seen a courier in my whol playthrough. :P

Animuses
11-21-2011, 09:14 PM
1. Yes
2. Good
3. For an AC fan, yes.

Altair661
11-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
@Altair661:

So was Ubi-Montreal supposed to come up with fictional monuments to fill Constantinopole? Not trying to get into a debate but I really do not understand what you're trying to say here or what the alternative would be.

Also, concerning the Alta´r segments, it is clear they were meant to provide some answers concerning the man itself, not to be the main course when it comes to the gameplay.

I wish Ubi-Montreal had more time but things are the way it is and side-missions aside, I honestly doubt the game could be better.

EDIT:

Also, a source concerning 30 minutes for the sequences with Alta´r, free-roaming Masyaf and random side-missions would be great.

Honestly, I think that was a myth to begin with spread around by the fanbase.

No no no, what I mean is, Rome is much more of a memorable city than Constantinople. It has tons of monuments and a bit more diverse with the fields and stuff. Im not saying they should've made stuff up, Im saying they should've chosen a better city. It seemed like alot of plain brown brick buildings, and also seemed smaller than Rome.

And Sarai, it's not that's it's bad. It just seems like we had so many high expectations along with Ubisoft's hype that we expected much more. All it does it dissapoint a little. I still absolutley loved going back and playing a new Assassin's Creed. I would say it's the best in the series overall, but it's still a very very good game. Especially if you're an AC fan. If you're not an AC fan, you wouldn't find much of anything here. And I think Ubisoft needs to realize that.

IntoxicEIGHT
11-21-2011, 11:59 PM
just buy the ****ing game. it's worth it

misterB2001
11-22-2011, 02:16 AM
It's much better than brotherhood in nearly every single way. As some have said, the random missions are too sparse and i think they forgot to add the tax collector, but its a very good game all the same

LightRey
11-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by misterB2001:
It's much better than brotherhood in nearly every single way. As some have said, the random missions are too sparse and i think they forgot to add the tax collector, but its a very good game all the same
They didn't forget. He's there. He just rarely pops up.