PDA

View Full Version : ot: EA eating ubi!?



fordfan25
09-21-2005, 11:25 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/21/news_6134098.html

money_money
09-21-2005, 11:53 PM
surely that share price has to be a typo.

$

BaldieJr
09-21-2005, 11:55 PM
If EA can afford it, they can eat me.

fordfan25
09-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by BaldieJr:
If EA can afford it, they can eat me.

o im sure thay can save up the two dollers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LeadSpitter_
09-22-2005, 01:13 AM
EAs major plan is to take over all game companies then make all pc and console games have pay to play online fees and kill online gaming in general.

fordfan25
09-22-2005, 01:27 AM
yea. iv never realy been a fan of EA. i dont play sports games sept for raceing. never thought much of there F1 games and seeing as im probly the only guy with in 2,000 mh of were i live that does not realy care for nascar there is no joy for me there. there other games are IMO most of the time bland tastless cookie cuter ****. every great long while thay will be something interasting but most is just blah. in fact just off the top of my head i cant think of a single game that EA has put out that i realy liked. at lest not in the past 5 or 6 years. though im sure if i look at a list i might remember something. of course this seems to be a trend with alot of other game makes sence ... o id say the past few years. game's these days just dont seem to have the same Lv of...... charicter. thay just seem so stail and bland,with of course eceaptions like HL2 FB ect. i gusse thats why im still a Nintendo fan. shiggy still puts a large dose of fun and a heap o love into his games........ i miss my SNES lol.

Kuna15
09-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by BaldieJr:
If EA can afford it, they can eat me.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Dew-Claw
09-22-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
EAs major plan is to take over all game companies then make all pc and console games have pay to play online fees and kill online gaming in general.

In EA's defence...
all you say is true,they are in for the money anyway.
However, they try and find gamers, to program for them, ask for opinions of they're subscribers, impliment the better, most popular recomendations, and generally are trying to be the leader in persistant online gaming environments that are always up, always changing.

That takes heavy duty equiptment that can handle up to 10,000 people at a time.
Heavy duty bandwidth also.
All that cost money...hence the monthly fee's.

It all depends on what you want, and what you'll pay.

All in all tho, they are just trying to give thier customers what they want, and make a profit while at it.
No different then Maddox Games.


And before you accuse me of being an EA employee or mole http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just know a few employees.


Yes, I've been asked to offer my opinion to EA in the past.
Ultima X Odessey an online project they've since shelved.
They flew me to San Francisco from the midwestern States to review it.
Me and about 300 others.

StellarRat
09-22-2005, 01:19 PM
As long as WE continue to buy games like IL2 someone will continue to produce them, so don't worry.

If EA does buy UBI you can probably expect games with niche markets to disappear from UBI's line up. My guess is that IL2 and some of their other titles might meet there end in such a merger. These game companies are all consolidating because it takes big money and lots of people to produce games with fancy artwork and animation. So, they are appealing to the mass market and that's mostly kids and teens that just want console shooters. They are having to compete against Hollywood now. You'll see more of this in the future.

Side note: Gamestop (GME) has bought EB, so they've pretty much got mall retail game market cornered in the US.

Bearcat99
09-22-2005, 01:46 PM
I just hope that if EA does buy UBI that they dont muck up 1C. Maybe 1C would be able to rengotiate it's contract in the event of a takeover.

Kuna15
09-22-2005, 01:52 PM
I hope that re negotiation would be for better contract. We all would like to see it, I hope, if that moment comes. And TBH those guys deserved it. IMHO.

BaldieJr
09-22-2005, 02:21 PM
1c could make a lot of money under ea. The only problem is: oleg cant set his own time-tables.

Its no big deal tho. Oleg doesn't have to deal with EA.

Dew-Claw
09-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Its no big deal tho. Oleg doesn't have to deal with EA.
Not yet he doesn't.
But if the contract and game gets transfered in the takeover he will.

He should call Richard Garrett and ask him what EA did when they took over Origin.

Chuck_Older
09-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by fordfan25:
yea. iv never realy been a fan of EA. i dont play sports games sept for raceing. never thought much of there F1 games and seeing as im probly the only guy with in 2,000 mh of were i live that does not realy care for nascar there is no joy for me there. there other games are IMO most of the time bland tastless cookie cuter ****. every great long while thay will be something interasting but most is just blah. in fact just off the top of my head i cant think of a single game that EA has put out that i realy liked. at lest not in the past 5 or 6 years. though im sure if i look at a list i might remember something. of course this seems to be a trend with alot of other game makes sence ... o id say the past few years. game's these days just dont seem to have the same Lv of...... charicter. thay just seem so stail and bland,with of course eceaptions like HL2 FB ect. i gusse thats why im still a Nintendo fan. shiggy still puts a large dose of fun and a heap o love into his games........ i miss my SNES lol.

Three words:

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Grand Prix Legends</span>

F0_Dark_P
09-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I just hope that if EA does buy UBI that they dont muck up 1C. Maybe 1C would be able to rengotiate it's contract in the event of a takeover. i dont hope for a takeover, remember what EA did to it's simulation divition Janes, they just put them out, EA is a company that only concern is making money, EA dont give a **** in games that dont sell$$$ aka flight sims, EA only wants to make a new Need for Speed 75854 or a new Sims 29955, simulation games dont sell good enough for them, so i know if they take over Ubi then the Simulation games will go that is fact.

i spit on EA http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Willey
09-22-2005, 05:13 PM
EA wasn't bad in the past (3 words: Jane's Combat Simulations http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ), but now?

I might expect one of these:

They'll stall BoB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
They'll start to tell Oleg to make things like BoB 2009, BoB 2010, BoB 2011 etc arcade games http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

I'd hope for the first and Maddox could step into Eagle Dynamics' footsteps and release their stuff themselves - with a lot less of time and market (balancing!) pressure http://www.ubisoft.de/smileys/3.gif

Enforcer572005
09-22-2005, 05:36 PM
im sure Oleg would find a way to market his own stuff.....EA will NOT be the only gunfighter in town, because there is always some1 who is faster, eventually. There will always be competition, though it may be reduced. 1C will find a way to market its own stuff because, as sales have shown (I believe), the realistic sim market is a profitable niche, and if they will look elsewhere to find sims that arent arcade games.

I loved the Janes sims, going back to pre-janes navy fihgters. they were, next to Oleg, the best as far as fixing stuff and adding what simmers wanted; ie...Nato fighters and the patches for that stuff. They called me several times many yrs ago, and I sent them a bunch of my aircraft photos for use on thier web site and gave me one of the first 688 sub sims for doing so. THose guys were ok, but i have no idea what they are like now, or where the guys went that I was dealing with.

They had the BEST ever web site for Janes.