PDA

View Full Version : Skinmanager 1.10 FINAL released

Dimensionaut_
06-19-2005, 04:48 AM
Hi,

Skin manager 1.10 is finally released.
Beside various minor fixes there are a few major improvements:
- Multi language support: Beside English now also French, Spanish, Italian and Dutch
- You can manually change the location where FB and/or PF are installed (for people with installation problems, so use only if Skinmanage does not detect it properly)
- You can give the program you own look (ok, that's no improvement but a 'nice to have').

The files are updated to PF 4.01 so Skinmanager knows all Aircraft and is also able to create the directories for skins that are missing in the basic installation of 4.01.

http://www.skinnersheaven.com/skinman/images/skinman110-1.jpg

http://www.skinnersheaven.com/skinman/images/skinman110-2.jpg

http://www.skinnersheaven.com

Helonwhls87
06-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Very nice utility.

Thanks for the hard work.

~S~

EiZ0N
06-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Quick question:

Can you use new skins online?

Do they upload to the server or what?

How does it work?

Atomic_Marten
06-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Great news .. thanx. It will help me a lot since I have a ton of skins.

Dimensionaut_
06-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by EiZ0N:
Quick question:

Can you use new skins online?

Do they upload to the server or what?

How does it work?

They upload to the other users. But only if they have the option "download skins" on.

ming_boy
06-20-2005, 02:57 AM
Hi,thanks for your work.

But in my WinXP Home, it doesn't work.The system report a "read of address" error,why?Please tell me,Thx.

Regards

ming_boy

Dimensionaut_
06-20-2005, 03:20 AM
Can you tell at what moment you get that error?

Dimensionaut_
06-20-2005, 03:30 AM
I have added a link to the previous version.

It is not multi langauge, but also does not use the skins. I fear (not sure though) that those are the problem.

If you want to install version 1.02 you have to uninstall version 1.10 first though.

I am curious if you have the same problem with version 1.02

ming_boy
06-20-2005, 03:50 AM
The 1.02 dosen't work too.The error appear at the moment that the program start.Why?

Dimensionaut_
06-20-2005, 05:19 AM
I don't have a clue at this moment.

You are the first one to report this problem.

You might do a search on the files ZipDll.dll and UnzDll.dll to see if those are installed on your computer on other locations then Skinmanager.
That is the first thing I think of that might give a problem...

flatlander5
06-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks man, great work.
Your utility helps me a lot!

Salute!
~Flatlander

EiZ0N
06-20-2005, 02:11 PM
great program, worked beutifully

EiZ0N
06-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Since my post above, I have used this program a ggood number of times now (never messed with skins before because it seemed confusing).

Installing skins for a plane of your choosing takes seconds, and deleting skins is also very easy. The installed skin browser is very useful too.

I don't quite understand how the automatic installation works, I assume it just guesses which planes to install the selected skin(s) for based on the filename??

Anyway, great program, thought it deserved a bump.

*bumps*

Dimensionaut_
06-21-2005, 05:12 AM
If you want to use Automatic installation, then you need the package of a skinner who supports the program. The Skinner makes the selection for you and that information is included into the ZIP-file (look at the Skinners Tutorial to learn more).

As soon as the information is found in a ZIP-file, the automatic installation window contains information, so you can disable some skins. Also the Install button below the automatic installation will be enabled.

Hammerd did it, for example and CanonUK also made a few packages with the program.

For now you can try one of my skins, I allways include Skinmanager information into my packages. In that case the job really will be one click to install: Click the 'other' Install button and you are ready. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Aero_Shodanjo
06-21-2005, 05:26 AM
hi Serval, just a quick question here.

How can I add skinmanager information in my skins? Would love to have them compatible with your program.

Thanks.

Dimensionaut_
06-21-2005, 10:54 AM
First you need to have the program.

Then Open "Skinners Mode" from the menu "Window".

There you locate the directory where your skin(s) and screenshot are.
Then select a skin in the directory and then select the aircraft it should be installed for. Now click "Add".
Repeat this for every skin in the package.
Got to the information page and enter something for your readme if you wish. Below you can enter the name of the skin, your name and your website (also to be set as default in the configuration window, saves you to type it every time). When this is done click safe (the one with the old pencil) Then enter the location and name for the ZIP-file and click safe again.

If you look in thje ZIP-file with Winzip, then you should see the file skinman.sks and if you entered your name also the file skinman.ino

If you open the ZIP-file with Skinman again (User mode) then it should have the information you entered and the planelist you made in the Automatic installation window.

I hope this helps. At Skinners Heaven you also find a Tutorial with screenshots to make things clear.
And you know my mail address as well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif