PDA

View Full Version : on line missions

jamesdeanoo7
07-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi, Ok I am pretty new to this so please be patient. My friends and I all bought the il2 1946 game and patched up to v.08. We are going to rent some server slots from ventrillo and the idea is that we want to make some missions...go online...each use our own skin fly the mission and make films...Is all that possible or not feasable. If it is possible what do I have to put in the mission files to enable skin choice etc... rember newbie LOL.

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-11-2008, 01:08 PM
All that should be completely doable and is allowed for in the server options. Turn skin download to on and everyone should be able to load their own skins at the arming screen, it may take some time for the server to load everyone's skins but they will become visible after some time.

DmdSeeker
07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Is there a way to reduce the load time, for instance if every allready has the skins installed?

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
Is there a way to reduce the load time, for instance if every allready has the skins installed?

Actually yes there is, I'm not 100% sure how it's done but there is a way to distribute the skin file that is loaded into the netcache folder, you can't do it with the original skin though, it needs to be the one that was downloaded from the server into netcache. I think there may be a conf.ini entry that needs to be made but not sure, I remember reading about this with a WWI skinpack for a campaign from somewhere and they had a pre-cache skin pack for just that purpose.