PDA

View Full Version : Static Camara's in PF

No601_Zulu
10-10-2004, 05:35 PM
~S~ Guys

Do any of you know if it is possible to fix a static camara to the deck of a Aircraft Carrier. This would be a cool feature as it would allow one of your squad mates to act as a Flight Deck Officer and guide you in. It would also be a great training aid, that would allow you to watch a track of your approach, from the decks perspective.

I'm really looking forward to PF now, I cut my teeth on carrier op's with CFS2, PF is going to be a quantum leap ahead that. Ca't wait.

And o'h yes a last a Beaufighter, Thank you.

rummyrum
10-11-2004, 07:37 AM
Good question and idea. I dont know if cameras can be attached to objects though. Since ships are a bit difernt perhaps they can. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Troll2k
10-11-2004, 01:08 PM
In fb fmb you can place a static camera anywhere.Even in mid air.I use them at 2600 meters to track v1s.

Tater-SW-
10-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Yeah, but they are still STATIC. The question was if cameras would stop being static, and stay with a CV.

tater

Troll2k
10-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Sorry I misinterpreted what the poster was asking.

"Do any of you know if it is possible to fix a static camara to the deck of a Aircraft Carrier. "

No601_Zulu
10-12-2004, 01:59 AM
If the Aircraft Carrier was stationary it would make no difference, just like in FB/AEP, with a bit of experimentaion you could find the right place to locate it. However, with the carrier on the move its a different matter.

The benifits would be great to movie makers, FMB's , in fact all that will no doubt enjoy carrier opp's.

Tater-SW-
10-12-2004, 07:15 AM
I would be cool to have cameras that moved with the CV, AND cameras that were "sided." By that I mean some could be for red, some for blue---then a way to switch to the cameras when you get bumped off to watch the CV ops, without seeing the other side's CV.

tater

JG53Frankyboy
10-12-2004, 07:32 AM
well, after you land and left your plane on a carrer there should be the posibillity to visit the bridge were you can watch the landings from your squadmates.
this sould also possible with outsideviews disabled http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SKULLS_CoyMS
10-12-2004, 07:54 AM
yes a view from bridge would be great,or possibly from the LSO position,now that would be fantastic.

And Zulu I second that request,have long felt that we needed the Mosquito in IL2

BSS_Goat
10-12-2004, 07:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SKULLS_CoyMs:
or possibly from the LSO position,now that would be fantastic.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that would be awesome.

Merlin (FZG_Immel)
10-12-2004, 09:07 AM
AC have their own camera.

BSS_Goat
10-12-2004, 09:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merlin (FZG_Immel):
AC have their own camera. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean by that Merlin. An LSO view camera on each AC?

Merlin (FZG_Immel)
10-12-2004, 10:20 AM
no LSO view. but an AC is considered like a plane. I mean, hitting shift-F2 you will go to your AC as you go through all planes-

No601_Zulu
10-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Merlin, if you are part of the team could you post a selection of screen shots of what views would be availible from the A/C deck.

Thanks

Merlin (FZG_Immel)
10-12-2004, 12:56 PM
useless.

its the same orbit view that is available for all flying object. you can turn around and zoom in and out just the same way-

No601_Zulu
10-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks Merlin

I was just hoping in game for a view straight down the flight deck. O'h well.