PDA

View Full Version : Unable to fly the A6M2-N

Rallo
01-29-2005, 09:03 PM
It seems that since I installed the 3.04M patch, I am unable to fly the A6M2-N Zero floatplane. When I try to fly it all I get is an empty view. Has anyone else experienced this?

~Rallo

chris455
01-29-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm unaware that it was ever flyable.

LEXX_Luthor
01-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Just tried it in QMB. First time I tried this one since 3.04m. Still works. Scared me a bit though. You may need re~install, or try QMB if you were doing the FMB thing, or FMB if you were doing QMB.

Chris:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm unaware that it was ever flyable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Consider this your new 3.04 patch plane http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A month after I got FB I read that P.11c was Flyable. And I read it here, at teh ubi.com. I was psychoed out when I learned this.

but...I thought SB bomber was Flyable. If there was one time I got Depress from FB, it was when I realized SB was AI only.

Troll2k
01-30-2005, 12:11 AM
The A6m2-N is flyable in my server with no problem.

Rallo
01-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Well...I tried installing all the previous patches and still nothing. I had previously re-installed the whole game, but on the old directory. Maybe I should wipe everything clean and start from scratch. That's really wierd.

Feathered_IV
01-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Are you flying a FMB mission? Maybe the aircraft does not have the player box ticked in the aircraft options window.

3.JG51_BigBear
01-30-2005, 07:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Are you flying a FMB mission? Maybe the aircraft does not have the player box ticked in the aircraft options window. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be my guess.

TonyPiech
01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Take-off and landing of that float-plane is really neet!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Somehow, didn't know that it existed till seeing this thread, thanks.

3.JG51_BigBear
01-30-2005, 05:49 PM
It is a cool plane. In real life there is a gas tank located inside the main float and despite my most sincere efforts I have yet to get it to explode from gunfire. It would be awesome if it worked.

Maj_Death
01-31-2005, 03:18 AM
No problems with it for me either. Those who havn't flown it should give it a try. She is slower than an A6M2 and less manueverable than an F4F, but she is alot of fun to go sight seeing with. Not a bad combat plane either, just not one of the best either.

Hoatee
01-31-2005, 05:48 AM
I don't have any problems with it either - also just took it for a spin in the QMB (was also the first plane I flew after having purchased PF).

Maybe you have cockpit view switched off (you just never know - also try other planes).

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-31-2005, 07:04 AM
We have it available on one of our maps and NOT being able to fly it by some people has resulted in a little research.

The only fool-proof fix for it that I'm aware of is to do a clean install without applying any of the AEP patches then applying the PF patches. This has also fixed the SBD texture issues some were having.

I know this sounds like a PITA, but save your skins and go for it. The whole game seems to run smoother afterwards too.

TB

Troll2k
01-31-2005, 05:08 PM
My pf sever has a water base that has the flyable a6m2-n as well as the other externally flyable float planes.

I even have pylons set up for "yacht" racing.(provided the other team will leave you alone)

Rallo
01-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Hmmmm.....I'll try that and see if it helps

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
The only fool-proof fix for it that I'm aware of is to do a clean install without applying any of the AEP patches then applying the PF patches. This has also fixed the SBD texture issues some were having.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lemky
01-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Just installed PF as stand alone and got 3 more aircraft that are flyalbe,What gives ??????

Hoatee
02-01-2005, 01:14 PM
3 more? But surely that can only be good news?

CKY_86
02-01-2005, 01:25 PM
what 3 aircraft are these

JunkoIfurita
02-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Yah which three, I'm intrigued.

As far as I know the A6M2-21N has been there since the 3.00 - it was the first campaign I flew (Rufe IJN career)

I'm not sure if the gas tank explodes, but rare is the rufe dogfight I survive with the centre float intact. If it doesn't explode it at least drops off at the slightest touch of gunfire. I've been getting pretty handy at landing on one float http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Rallo
02-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Figured out what I did wrong. Left out one of the patches before 3.04. Float-fighter works fine now.

I sure hope we'll see more float planes in the near future. I like the cool swishing noises they make on takeoff and landings.

KarayaEine
02-19-2005, 10:33 PM
I have all the patches installed on mine and I can't get the Rufe to fly. I've tried several re-installs and 'no-joy'. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

This is a true disappointment.

Johann

mortoma
02-20-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm able to fly it but won't because the slightest hit makes the big main float fall off almost every time!! The DM on this aircraft is a farce of a farce!!!

Catandra
02-20-2005, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mortoma:
I'm able to fly it but won't because the slightest hit makes the big main float fall off almost every time!! The DM on this aircraft is a farce of a farce!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. I think they got a little carried away on the DM for this bird. One shot with a pellet gun will take off the center float...I would have preferred a holed float that upon landing, fills up as the plane settles back into the water...that would have been cool.

However, on real float planes, the floats are compartmentalized so you'd have to take a goodly amount of bullets to completely swiss cheese it and make it unfloatable.

JunkoIfurita
02-20-2005, 06:07 PM
KarayaEine,

The patching of PF or PF-merged since 3.03 has caught quite a few people, because if it's done wrong for some reason people are losing flyable planes. (Possibly something to do with altered FMs?)

Basically from a flat, out-of-the-box 3.00 install, all you need is the 3.03 patch, then the 3.04 patch on top of that. Ignore the 3.01/3.02 patches, the 3.03 replaces those.

Of course if you're running a merged 3.00m install, you need the 3.03m and 3.04m patches.

If you're missing planes, the only way to right things is to do a fresh install (deleting all folders - back up your campaigns), and patch as above.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Junko 'Kimura' Ifurita

----