PDA

View Full Version : What to do if HL is at 980?

FoolTrottel
01-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Go fly offline...
Here's one of mine...
SeaFire on the Iwo Jima campaign. Taking two 250 bombs, as it's ground attack. 25% fuel.
Take off... nice wake in the water... en route to target... nothing special. Target in sight.. drop bombs, hit something (AAA).
Back to Carrier... oh wait, there's a lone blue plane. Go after it. Hit it, flames, it's goin' down. Back to carrier.
Three blue ones in sight. Picked off tail-end-Charlie. Turn back to carrier.
See some F6F's followed by another blue one, a lot lower. Go after it. Got it.
Back to carrier...
There it is.... lining up, turn, flaps down, hook down, gear down.... Well, touch down on the deck, a bit too late, no cable.... no problem, throttle up, gear up, flaps up... ooops.... OUT OF FUEL.... Man!
Turn left turn turn left... drop it into the water, cockpit open, get out.... I'm in the raft.... Where's the carrier? What's it's course?
Releived to see the final turn was sufficient.... it's passing me in a safe distance. Oh well, survived this one, on to the next!

Man, this game is big fun!
(I already knew this, it's just great to enjoy it again and to realize this once more!;-)

FoolTrottel
01-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Now, this is my very first 'bump'

Is nobody happy for me?
Not even a bit?
I'm a bit disappointed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif , so here goes the BUMP.

crazyivan1970
01-14-2005, 01:29 PM
What to do... hmmm you can fire up ASE and join that way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Daiichidoku
01-14-2005, 01:38 PM
screw ASE...play a game or two of spider solitare, (I would have said dl a skin or two at il2 skins, but......bwahhhh!) and follow Jiri's instructions..try again in a few minutes.....there are always coops or various wars going on with pilots wating to launch...and they will, freeing up the space you need.....and always someone getting autodisconect sooner or later....

patientce, grasshopper

FoolTrottel
01-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Ivan, thank you.
I'll try ASE, see what it does for me.

WOLFMondo
01-14-2005, 04:13 PM
ASE is generally very good, especially if you play just about any other game out there or any mods for those games, it updates regularly, can save favorites and buddies and put your own custom server in. can't go wrong with it...and its free!