PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have links to the community maps?

Wepps
10-19-2007, 06:17 AM
What I'm looking for is a complete list of the links to all the maps done by the dedicated community folks, or where they are likely to be found.

If anyone has a list of good links I'd appreciate it!

Ojisan_bart
10-19-2007, 06:42 AM
I don't know exactly what you are meaning but maybe this can help:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=1

Jutocsa
10-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Well, they are to be found in the game itself, now or in the future. You cant use them in any other way, no possibility to load custom made maps if thats what you have in mind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Edit: Or did u mean printable maps like in the above post ?

Wepps
10-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Jutocsa:
Well, they are to be found in the game itself, now or in the future. You cant use them in any other way, no possibility to load custom made maps if thats what you have in mind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Edit: Or did u mean printable maps like in the above post ?

No, I was under the impression that certain community members had the ability to generate maps usable in missions.

Am I wrong?

If I am, why do I have that impression?

dbillo
10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
There might be some confusion here between "maps" and "missions". The "maps" are hard-coded into the game, and cannot be changed, nor can new "maps" be created.

You can, however, using the Full Mission Builder, populate those "maps" with various objects, aircraft, vehicles, ships, etc., and thereby create "missions".

Jutocsa
10-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Just as told above. With the addition that some members indeed have the ability to create (not generate, it suggests that its an easy task while its far from it) maps, with map making tools from 1C, but these maps are added obviously by 1C.

Wepps
10-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Jutocsa:
Just as told above. With the addition that some members indeed have the ability to create (not generate, it suggests that its an easy task while its far from it) maps, with map making tools from 1C, but these maps are added obviously by 1C.

So, for example, the people who did the Slovakia maps of well known thread, can't give me that map.

However, oleg intends to....put it in the game? I'm getting that right?

VW-IceFire
10-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Wepps:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jutocsa:

So, for example, the people who did the Slovakia maps of well known thread, can't give me that map.

However, oleg intends to....put it in the game? I'm getting that right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, the process as I understand it is that they get a special development version of the game that lets them create the maps. The actual map making process as I understand is fairly complex and certainly not for the feint of heart and also not widely available except for a couple of teams that have demonstrated their ability to pull together the projects.

Oleg's team has to release the final version of that map in a patch for the rest of us to play it.

So we've got Slovakia upcoming and a couple of others but if you want examples of maps we already have from third party sources we have Normandy, Ardennes, Kurland, Murmansk, one of the Desert Maps, Burma, and more.

GerritJ9
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I suspect that, apart from the above, you would also need a programme such as Autodesk Map3D or Civil3D. As with all Autodesk programmes, they are excellent, but also filthy expensive (as in 3-4000 Euro range).

Jutocsa
10-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Wepps:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jutocsa:

Thats how it is exactly

However, oleg intends to....put it in the game? I'm getting that right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wepps
10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Yep, the process as I understand it is that they get a special development version of the game that lets them create the maps. The actual map making process as I understand is fairly complex and certainly not for the feint of heart and also not widely available except for a couple of teams that have demonstrated their ability to pull together the projects.

Oleg's team has to release the final version of that map in a patch for the rest of us to play it.

So we've got Slovakia upcoming and a couple of others but if you want examples of maps we already have from third party sources we have Normandy, Ardennes, Kurland, Murmansk, one of the Desert Maps, Burma, and more.

Ah found them, forget I said it!

Any others coming?

I'm telling you I'm a map freak, and I'm bored lol. I love making missions but got tired of the same old a while back.

xTHRUDx
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
is this what you mean?

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/viewtopic.php?t=1001&highlight=