PDA

View Full Version : Where's my saved games gone?

jayslater
02-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey All!

It's my first time here; I LOVE this sim and it's good to be here with other salty sea dogs.

I have a problem and was wondering if anyone else can help. I have been recently playing SH3, saving everything, only to find that my career has gone, vanished, kaput, not there; it doesn't even register me leaving port after a lengthy tour at sea. Anyone had this too? After about two days of play, all records and history literally vanishes into thin air. As you might expect, I find this frustrating and am on the edge of giving up completely.

If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Yours,

Jay
London

VikingGrandad
02-03-2006, 06:08 PM
That's strange - I've not heard of that happening before. Check to see if you have saved games stored on your PC. SH3 stores its save games in your 'My Documents' folder:

My Documents > SH3 > data > cfg > Careers > [name of your career]

(within this folder, you should see more folders called '0', '1', '2' etc - one for each successive save you've made)

Have you got these folders? If not, I wonder if you have perhaps been clearing out some files from your PC and accidentally deleted the SH3 folder from My Documents? Or someone else who uses your PC might have done this? If you have got a career folder as above, I'm not sure why it's not working.

There's a chance that your career files have become corrupted. Read the page in the Community Manual about Restoring Corrupted Careers (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Restoring_Corrupted_Careers).

If you have no luck, then try creating a new career (different name), start a patrol, then save the game. Quit SH3 and check to see if you have the above folders in My Documents. If you have, then run SH3 again and check that you can load the saved game in this new career.

Let us know how you get on, and give as much detail as you can if you still have problems.

Don't give up on the game just yet!

blue_76
02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
did u install the latest patch? the game is very buggy out of the box.

jayslater
02-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys: you have been very kind. Yep, I checked the saved games and they were there. I have also patched to current update so all is fine. I have restarted another career with the latest mods and will get back to you. But hell! I'd NEVER give up with this excellent sim (something I was TOO keen to do with Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory).

I don't get to look at this forum on a regular basis so please feel free to send me an e-mail at: jayjohnslater@hotmail.com

Once again, many thanks for your suppport.

Jay