PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed rating - questions and theories

N1ghtmareC1nema
09-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Hello all!
The title says it all. I find myself wondering what kind of ESRB rating this game can expect. It seems to fall into a kind of puzzling gray-area for reasons which I will discuss shortly.

On the United Kingdom version of the Assassin's Creed website, they say that they expect a rating of "16+" from the PEGI (the insititution responsible for rating games in Europe). In my experience, the "16+" rating is comparable to a "Teen" rating here in the United States.

I'd like your opinions on this subject. But first, some thoughts of my own.

Below are the themes most often responsible for a "Mature" rating:

Sexual Content:
I don't see much opportunity for sexual content in this game. It takes place in ancient times, an era in which sex was not glorified like it is today. Sex happened, of course, but it wasn't the currency and obsession of the age. Besides, I don't think Altair has the time in his busy comings-and-goings to take off his cloak and wrist blade to "lay with" some Middle-Eastern maiden. Sex has no place in this game.

Profanity:
The language in Assassin's Creed will be of the dialect of the time. Besides not being English, I'm sure their language won't include the same crass profanities that ours has. I don't think we can expect warriors in the year 1191 will be spewing F- and S-words when charging into battle. Not gonna happen.

Violence:
I can certainly see how "The Powers That Be" might become uptight about a game based upon killing. Altair is a trained assassin, after all. But it's not the kind of bloody, frivolous and senseless carnage that has come to define the "Mature" rating. Yeah, it's killing. But if the trailer footage is any indication, it's clean, realistic in blood "output," and realistic. Altair treats each of his victims with respect, instead of contempt. I don't think Altair's gonna be cleaving off any heads (or other extremities) with his wrist blade.

So there you have it, some of my thoughts on this topic. And don't mistake me for the pacifist-type, either. I can accept and understand blood and violence in a Mature-rated game IF IT's REALISTIC.

Instead, my point is: If Ubisoft stives for realism, and keeps in mind the historical period in which the game takes place, and doesn't purposefully disrupt the game with needless sexual content, there's no real reason that this game won't be rated "Teen." I saw more heinous violence in "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion," and that game was rated "Teen" when it came out.

So the floor's open to you good folks. I don't want to hear the tired bickering between "Teen" and "Mature" enthusiasts. I don't want to hear which rating you think is better. Rather, let's have an intelligent discussion about Rating and how it relates to Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's Creed is a truly new and unique style of game. There really hasn't ever been anything quite like it, and I'm curious about how the ESRB will handle it.

Ubisoft has the power to make this game truly classy in its approach to portraying a fascinating era of history and handling the violence with both maturity and discretion.

I know that on other game forums, game developers sometimes stop in to add their two-cents. It'd be great to hear some similar input from the Developers on this site. (Hint... hint...)

xasspenx
09-08-2006, 04:47 PM
no matter what, i think it will be rated M for mature since the game will put u in the hands of an assassin that kills people.Gore involved? probly since they probly had to chop people's hands off and stuff. unless there is a graphic menu that lets u turn on blood or not then i would say this game will b T for teen but its hard to say since like every game that involves killing people is rated M. Halo2 for instance. that game was so corny yet it was rated M? give me a break that game should have been rated T for teen. Esrb are really strict now. M for sure.

N1ghtmareC1nema
09-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, you raise an interesting point. It seems that games nowadays are rated not for their content, but because of the blind bias of the "all-knowing" ESRB raters.

People claim that the ESRB is doing a great job. But I think they're growing arrogant, complacent, and completely ignorant.

I suspect that if Assassin's Creed is rated Mature, it will be because of the typical ESRB knee-jerk reaction. "Killing? Sh*t! Give it an M!"

I'm still hopeful that ESRB the will become more intelligent in their rating process. As it stands now, none of them even have a damn clue what they're rating. There's something deeper in this game than the violence. But they're content to turn a blind eye in order to cover their asses.

I'll buy it no matter what, but I'm hoping that it makes the ESRB at least think twice before they hit it with the big 'M.'

FragKing1
09-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Judging from the trailer a "T" rating would only make sense. I don't think that a game revolving around "crowd dynamics" and speed could ever achieve the "M" rating. Sure you assassinate people...but I'm sure they deserve it in some way shape or form.

HorTyS
09-08-2006, 10:45 PM
i think / HOPE it's M for mature. ubi has stated in the past they want to develope more mature stories, and there is obviously a certain level of violence in the game, but there may be some language, sexual themes ( i'm sure the some crowds people will have some funny lines for a little comic relief) and there could be drug/ alcohol use or referance. if they're going for realism with the game, the game should recieve an M rating from violence, blood and gore alone, because realistically, stabbing someone in the neck with a blade is going to produce a decent amount of blood...

Phreaky_McGeek
09-09-2006, 02:06 AM
I certainly see no place for sex here. I don't care if I have to assassinate Sven Goran Eriksson, I don't want any sex. It has no place in the game.

Profanity. Bastard or bloody may be used a few times, but not any other bad language and not too often.

Violence. From what we've seen from the trailers, while violence is necessary it isn't going to be reckless and gory.

I reckon 16+ for violence and animated blood.

OH_DragonBoy
09-09-2006, 06:05 AM
I'm going with an M, myself. I mean, how many T games have prostitutes and drug abuse?

N1ghtmareC1nema
09-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by OH_DragonBoy:
I'm going with an M, myself. I mean, how many T games have prostitutes and drug abuse?
Quite a lot of Teen games, actually. There's huge difference between seeing prostitutes walking the streets and actually seeing them giving their 'services.'

We're not going to take a break from gameplay to follow a prostitute into someone's home and watch them have sex. It's just not gonna happen. At most , the game will get a "sexual references" on the rating because prostitutes are mentioned. Nothing Mature-worthy here.

Originally posted by hortys_99:
i think / HOPE it's M for mature. ubi has stated in the past they want to develope more mature stories, and there is obviously a certain level of violence in the game, but there may be some language, sexual themes ( i'm sure the some crowds people will have some funny lines for a little comic relief) and there could be drug/ alcohol use or referance. if they're going for realism with the game, the game should recieve an M rating from violence, blood and gore alone, because realistically, stabbing someone in the neck with a blade is going to produce a decent amount of blood...
I don't think that the crowds of people will be gathered at a public hanging to talk about their sex lives. Dialogue of this kind has no place in the game. And even if it did, it certainly wouldn't be anything that warrants a Mature rating.

And it seems to me that Altair's wrist-blade has got to be one of the most humane ways of killing someone. He doesn't slit their throat, or try to saw their heads off. He kills with one smooth, quick puncture. This is not a mindless hack-and-splatter game. Blood will be minimal because of how realistic the game is. If you hit a soldier once in just the right place, he's dead immediately. You don't hack him again and again to kill him. He dies when you time your movements just right and strike with precision.

I still hold by what I said before. I really don't think there's anything in this game to warrant a Mature rating. A clean knife-wound in the neck of some soldier is a far cry from riddling people with holes and blowing up their remains (think Gears Of War and TimeShift).

If the ESRB has any brains at all, they'll realize the differences in this game.

HorTyS
09-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by N1ghtmareC1nema:

I don't think that the crowds of people will be gathered at a public hanging to talk about their sex lives. Dialogue of this kind has no place in the game. And even if it did, it certainly wouldn't be anything that warrants a Mature rating.
everytime theres a crowd they won't be gathered around a public hanging, thats ONE instance in the game. it doesn't take a graphic description of sex to get a game a 'sexual themes' content descriptor on the box, and i didn't mean thats what i wanted. small innuendo is really all it takes, and i was only suggesting that the game might have that...

And it seems to me that Altair's wrist-blade has got to be one of the most humane ways of killing someone. He doesn't slit their throat, or try to saw their heads off. He kills with one smooth, quick puncture. This is not a mindless hack-and-splatter game. Blood will be minimal because of how realistic the game is. If you hit a soldier once in just the right place, he's dead immediately. You don't hack him again and again to kill him. He dies when you time your movements just right and strike with precision.

I still hold by what I said before. I really don't think there's anything in this game to warrant a Mature rating. A clean knife-wound in the neck of some soldier is a far cry from riddling people with holes and blowing up their remains (think Gears Of War and TimeShift).

If the ESRB has any brains at all, they'll realize the differences in this game.

you do know there are more weapons in the game besides the hidden blade right? there are throwing knives, crossbows (if the trailer is any indication) and swords. hopefully, in keeping with the realism, they add blood to situations like this:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/hortys/assassins-creed-20060823072818327.jpg

M for mature.

the only reason someone wouldn't want this to be an M rated game is because they're to young to get it and their parents won't get it for them. if thats the case, you shouldn't get the game anyways.

N1ghtmareC1nema
09-09-2006, 05:41 PM
you do know there are more weapons in the game besides the hidden blade right? there are throwing knives, crossbows (if the trailer is any indication) and swords. hopefully, in keeping with the realism, they add blood to situations like this:
Of course. But I don't think they'll typically be the weapon of choice for assassinating high-profile individuals.

The purpose of those other weapons is to aid in your escape. From what we could see in the trailer, Altair only killed others in self-defense (not counting the assassination proper), and only then by necessity.

The focus of this game is not 'killing as many people with as you can with as many different kinds of weapons as possible.'

the only reason someone wouldn't want this to be an M rated game is because they're to young to get it and their parents won't get it for them. if thats the case, you shouldn't get the game anyways.
Overlooked (or failed to comprehend) my statement on this. I clearly stated that I'd buy this game no matter what. my only hope in all of this is that Ubisoft doesn't go overboard 'just because they can.'

Not only am I old enough to purchase this game, but I will do so no matter what the rating. My only goal in all of this was to discuss what rating you people expect this game to earn. That, and to contemplate how the ESRB is gonna give the shaft to another groundbreaking video game.

therunner19
09-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Blood would only add to the realism of things so yes i hope there is blood. Hey Entropy, wher are you man? I miss you

Penumbra_42
09-09-2006, 07:06 PM
People talking abuot sex doesn't give the game an M rating. In Oblivion, there are several lines with innueendo,and there was even a quest where you had to stop a group of bandits that worked by acting like prostitutes and then robbing them instead of sex. That game got a teen rating when it came out, it was just a nuduity mod that made it M rated (which was a modMr. Thomson, not part of the original game)

DisturbedSaint
09-09-2006, 09:09 PM
My guess is that it will be M. Not necessarily because it deserves an M rating, but because the ESRB has been taking a lot of political heat lately. An M rating would seem to be the "safe" rating, so nobody can claim that ESRB didn't do a thorough job.

Also, I have no doubts that JT will proclaim this game an assassination trainer/simulator.

-ds

HorTyS
09-09-2006, 10:31 PM
i didn't mean to sound as if i want them to do whatever they can to get an M rating or anything, the sexual themes was just an example of something that could add to the game getting a Mature rating. and i wouldn't want the language to be overboard or anything, but i'm sure there'll be a swear word or 2 in the game, most likely probably using the 'lords name in vein' since that would be relivant to the setting.

i really don't care what the rating is, i'll buy it reguardless, but i'd rather have a more mature gameplay experience than have Ubi hold back things they would've done just to keep it at a Teen rating...

Penumbra_42
09-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by DisturbedSaint:
My guess is that it will be M. Not necessarily because it deserves an M rating, but because the ESRB has been taking a lot of political heat lately. An M rating would seem to be the "safe" rating, so nobody can claim that ESRB didn't do a thorough job.

Also, I have no doubts that JT will proclaim this game an assassination trainer/simulator.

-ds
That just made me think, no one ever cares if a game if rated too high. Kids could be robbed of an amazing game just because their parents thought it was innapropriate when it actually wasn't. But when a game is rated too low "OMG look at all the gore and profanity in this game, how could the ESRB let this happen?!?!? I'm suing!!!"

And yes, even though the killing techniques in this game are almost all obsolete, JT probably will accuse this game of teaching kids how to be assassins.

entropy777
09-09-2006, 11:49 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Why even bother rating games? It's not like anyone cares... People buy games for their kids, stores sell games for kids, no one cares if it says 16+ on the box...</span>

butni
09-11-2006, 08:17 PM
i agree with you on the killing part and possibly (looking back at PoP) no sexual content but i presume there will be cursing..dunno but the reason oblivion was turned to M was because there were mods you could download that made it need it i think

N1ghtmareC1nema
09-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by butni:
i agree with you on the killing part and possibly (looking back at PoP) no sexual content but i presume there will be cursing..dunno but the reason oblivion was turned to M was because there were mods you could download that made it need it i think
Thanks for bringing up Oblivion. Somehow, Oblivion snuck past the ESRB with 'only' a Teen rating. To be quite honest, Oblivion was one of the most unabashedly violent video games I've ever seen. Not due to the combat itself, necessarily, but because of some of the scenery. In certain tombs, dungeons and caves, it was not unlikely to come across bloodied, rotting, severed body parts (including heads) and sometimes rotted corpses impaled upon spikes.

I really can't imagine why there would be severed body parts lying around in Assassin's Creed.

The only reason the ESRB changed Oblivion's rating to Teen was because of some knucklehead who was trying to create a female topless mod for the game, and accidentally came across some locked-out art files back from the production of the game. You can't get to these files on the Xbox 360 version, and you can't find them on the PC version without 3rd-party software! But in typical knee-jerk fashion, the ESRB covered their asses and pointed the finger at Bethesda Softworks.

But, alas, I'm getting off-topic.

My point is, if Oblivion was given a Teen rating the first time around (and Bethesda said publicly that they gave the ESRB the 'maximum warning for violence' on their rating-submission report), then I can't see what kind of violence could possibly tip Assassin's Creed into the realm of Mature.

Marek86
09-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Hello all!
The title says it all. I find myself wondering what kind of ESRB rating this game can expect. It seems to fall into a kind of puzzling gray-area for reasons which I will discuss shortly.

On the United Kingdom version of the Assassin's Creed website, they say that they expect a rating of "16+" from the PEGI (the insititution responsible for rating games in Europe). In my experience, the "16+" rating is comparable to a "Teen" rating here in the United States.

Sexual Content:
I don't see much opportunity for sexual content in this game. It takes place in ancient times, an era in which sex was not glorified like it is today. Sex happened, of course, but it wasn't the currency and obsession of the age. Besides, I don't think Altair has the time in his busy comings-and-goings to take off his cloak and wrist blade to "lay with" some Middle-Eastern maiden. Sex has no place in this game.

Profanity:
The language in Assassin's Creed will be of the dialect of the time. Besides not being English, I'm sure their language won't include the same crass profanities that ours has. I don't think we can expect warriors in the year 1191 will be spewing F- and S-words when charging into battle. Not gonna happen.

Violence:
I can certainly see how "The Powers That Be" might become uptight about a game based upon killing. Altair is a trained assassin, after all. But it's not the kind of bloody, frivolous and senseless carnage that has come to define the "Mature" rating. Yeah, it's killing. But if the trailer footage is any indication, it's clean, realistic in blood "output," and realistic. Altair treats each of his victims with respect, instead of contempt. I don't think Altair's gonna be cleaving off any heads (or other extremities) with his wrist blade.

So there you have it, some of my thoughts on this topic. And don't mistake me for the pacifist-type, either. I can accept and understand blood and violence in a Mature-rated game IF IT's REALISTIC.

Instead, my point is: If Ubisoft stives for realism, and keeps in mind the historical period in which the game takes place, and doesn't purposefully disrupt the game with needless sexual content, there's no real reason that this game won't be rated "Teen." I saw more heinous violence in "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion," and that game was rated "Teen" when it came out.

So the floor's open to you good folks. I don't want to hear the tired bickering between "Teen" and "Mature" enthusiasts. I don't want to hear which rating you think is better. Rather, let's have an intelligent discussion about Rating and how it relates to Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's Creed is a truly new and unique style of game. There really hasn't ever been anything quite like it, and I'm curious about how the ESRB will handle it.

Ubisoft has the power to make this game truly classy in its approach to portraying a fascinating era of history and handling the violence with both maturity and discretion.

I know that on other game forums, game developers sometimes stop in to add their two-cents. It'd be great to hear some similar input from the Developers on this site. (Hint... hint...)

M and there's always room for sex. besides, sex was very popular and "glorified" back then also.

terminalShock09
09-12-2006, 03:47 PM
besides, sex was very popular and "glorified" back then also.

Yep. Canterbury Tales and the 12th century version of the Romance of Tristan & Iseut by Beroul both show that sex was just as popular.

HorTyS
09-12-2006, 07:49 PM
sex was actually alot more common place back then. america is actually one of the most over-protective countries about sex. hell, there's nudity in standard television commercials in europe (i think.)

i wouldn't rule out sexual content in the game, by no means do i think it will be a dominant theme or anything.

ameshockey3
09-13-2006, 10:16 AM
humm bloody, fun, killing, ya in the us its gonna be M

Marek86
09-13-2006, 06:48 PM
bad post my bad...

Kedzzz
09-16-2006, 10:13 AM
16+ or bbfc 15 in uk m in america. Done.

AdumbroDeus
09-17-2006, 12:12 AM
This may come as VERY surprising to a lot of people, but in spite of the public restrictions by the puritanical religions of the day, sexuality was very open through most of the middle ages, and even up to the victorian period.

Prostitution was legal and openly practiced for example. It was not uncommon for affluent men to take boys as lovers. Hell compared to them, we're prudes, except now, we're obsessed, attempting to subtly disguise it, whereas in their time, they wouldn't give it a second glance.

Also, drug use and acohal use was much more common, the latter because a lot of the water supply wasn't really safe, so even the kids got diluted wine.

Realistically, if they're faithful to the era as opposed to using an "idealized" version to a greater or lesser degree, expect an M. Quite frankly, I expect an M, this kind of game deserves an M, because it's more mature thematically, not gleefully immature with mature themes like GTA, but truly mature and will appeal to the more intellectual audiences.

mexifry14
09-22-2006, 04:04 PM
wow nightmare... you thought there wasnt sex back in the middle ages? It was actually a very very sick period. Have you ever read the bible or studied the middle ages in school? Prostitution and rape were all very common things in those times. and yes commericials in asia and europe show nudity.

entropy777
09-23-2006, 01:43 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Reality is one thing, modern day reality is another...
Sure, the accuracy of the game would allow the display of sexual content but today (generalization warning) most people are prude, double-standared hypocrits...
And they probably wouldn't stand for it.

The sad fact, people usually don't want to deal with reality, they'd rather live in a bubble where everything is sugar and sunshine...</span>

UnaUuru
09-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by entropy777:
<span class="ev_code_GREY">The sad fact, people usually don't want to deal with reality, they'd rather live in a bubble where everything is sugar and sunshine...</span>
And goodness knows, we don't want sunburning and high blood sugar counts, hmm?
Personally, I like M games, and Assassin's Creed should probably be among them.

Teh_Assassin
09-23-2006, 02:40 PM
The games gonna be "M", just watch the trailers.

SpiderFreak
09-23-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm gonna go with M for Violence and possibly Blood and Gore, with a very slight possibility of Drug Use. While I don't think we'll have limb removal, we will deffinently have a little bit of blood, and the nature of the violence and realism will warrant an M rating. Just as a kind of comparison, Nintendo is expecting a T rating for the new Zelda. That game has bright flashes when you connect with your sword and gernerally non-realistic combat (nothing wrong with that, BTW). Stabbing people in the neck or through the stomach will deffinently get this game an M rating.

SF

klunckmonkey
10-15-2006, 12:08 PM
I say rated T. This isn't just going around killing random people, these are historical facts. Also, some other Teen games are way worse. Just look at Destroy All Humans. It's rated T, and yet you go around killing random people in different bloody disgusting ways. You can even use an anal probe on people and watch poop come out of them, ffs.

butni
10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
i doubt there will be sexual content, why? i dont know i have this feeling hes in some way related to priests..idk lol but anyways it'll be M i mean the prospect of the game Assassins Creed you kill people<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/9793/butniassassinscreedsig1jl7.jpg
XBL Gamertag- adio540element

JN006
10-15-2006, 10:47 PM
POP - SoT : Teen
Bully : Teen
(Almost never release cause of Jack Thompson)
POP - WW : Mature
POP - T2T : Mature
Thief - DS : Mature
Thief - MA : Mature
Halo : Mature
Half-Life : Mature

I'll go with mature. POP series had little blood/gore and still was rated Mature. Since we probably all noticed in the X06 presentation, there will have blood in a realistic way in AC.

Thisgamecouldbe
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
I think it is going to be as they expect +16, I seriously doubt there will be any sexual content in this game.

Maximus1170
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Gore, use of Drugs (or at least reference to drugs),violence, profanity(the middle ages are generally thought to use mild language, but when your fighting i think that a few swears will be flying), and sexual themes(10 bucks says that you runinto at least oen *****) all scream for a M rated game.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

There are exceptions to everything, nothing is absolute.

Tobbe777
10-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Personally, I don't care what rating it gets, as long as the game is awesome.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----------------------------------------------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/Tobbe7/CRsig.png
"It's amazing what you can do with Photoshop these days." -Rene Mathis, Casino Royale

QFT = Quote ****ing That

Original RZ forum member. Joined August 21st 2004.

"If neither tar, vodka nor sauna works, the disease is deadly."
Finnish proverb

ashishgurung
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
It would be better if the game is rated as Mature, personally I think that sex is not only the thing besides that there are things like blood, the close kills and complicated weapons. It's not about just playing the game and enjoy, it's a ancient political and religious contain. So It should be mature<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/ashishgurung/sig2.jpg

kew414
10-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by JN006:
POP series had little blood/gore
I'm guessing you didn't play Warrior Within much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.azupload.com/displayImage.php/setid7358.png

killerassassind
10-21-2006, 09:31 AM
is there's going to be sex and drugs ?

RetiredHatch
10-21-2006, 10:47 AM
did any of you guys watch the demo and the trailer who are saying there's blood and guts I DIDNT SEE ANY BLOOD AND GUTS what the hell are you guys talking about but anyways I think it'll be rated M just because it's a mature game simply put it's not made for kids frankly i wish it'd be rated T so i don't have to drag my mom to the store to buy iti'm 16 -_- but it'll be M just because maybe it's not the gameplay that'll contribute maybe it's the story that conspiracy the idea behind the game that makes it M might be too much to handle for kids that are 13 who would probably just play the game to kill a whole bunch of people the mature audience would appreciate it more

Peachyboy6
05-17-2007, 02:05 PM
I saw the trailer for Assassins Creed and i didn't see any blood or gore. yes there will probably some sex referenced and probably som edrug references but i don't think enough to give it an M rating. I thining T because many other games that are like it, like Oblivion have more blood than it does and are still T.

Jiaan_Falcon
05-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
did any of you guys watch the demo and the trailer who are saying there's blood and guts I DIDNT SEE ANY BLOOD AND GUTS what the hell are you guys talking about but anyways I think it'll be rated M just because it's a mature game simply put it's not made for kids frankly i wish it'd be rated T so i don't have to drag my mom to the store to buy iti'm 16 -_- but it'll be M just because maybe it's not the gameplay that'll contribute maybe it's the story that conspiracy the idea behind the game that makes it M might be too much to handle for kids that are 13 who would probably just play the game to kill a whole bunch of people the mature audience would appreciate it more

Thats not actually true. I'm 13 and I'm not just gonna get the game to just kill a bunch of people. I get there's gonna be a big story about a conspiracy and it has something to do with now. (in the game world) In fact the storyline is one of the reasons that I'm getting the game, regardless of the fact that it might get an M rating. My parents don't much care for gory/violent games (well as long as its not to gory) Its if there's sexual content that they won't let me get it. I find the story facinating and very interesting. I think the Idea of playing an assassin in the time period of the crusades (the crusades have always facinated me) and finding out about some mysterious conspiracy will make an awsome game.

tailstriker
05-17-2007, 09:23 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif
So you are one of the mature 13 year olds around. Congrats on that, and no sarcasm is implied or intended at all. What she was trying to say though was the typical 13 year old just goes oh hey wall running and assassinating. Its almost like GTA and I can kill anybody I want!

Personally, I think it can go either way. He has a wife right? So who knows if sex is a part of the game or not. Its hard to say givin that the ESRB hasnt been known for its consistancy.

Karl_93
05-18-2007, 08:46 AM
sex was actually alot more common place back then. america is actually one of the most over-protective countries about sex. hell, there's nudity in standard television commercials in europe (i think.)

i wouldn't rule out sexual content in the game, by no means do i think it will be a dominant theme or anything.

Hey don't talk about stuff you don't know!! There isn't any nudity in tv commercials in europe, what did you think!!! Oh lets show 5 year olds... well u get the point lol. Well srry if it seemed like I was a bit rude just don't write about stuff you don't know. That's like me saying, "Oh he's an American, he must be stupid." Well no harm done just something I think you ought to no.

Wazzup
So you are one of the mature 13 year olds around. Congrats on that, and no sarcasm is implied or intended at all. What she was trying to say though was the typical 13 year old just goes oh hey wall running and assassinating. Its almost like GTA and I can kill anybody I want!

Personally, I think it can go either way. He has a wife right? So who knows if sex is a part of the game or not. Its hard to say givin that the ESRB hasnt been known for its consistancy.

Hey I'm 14 and I must say that the average 13 year old doesn't go around wall running and killing ppl for no reason at all. The typical 13 year old would actually go around and play the game how it was meant to, while a few wouldn't, and an even lesser few would be idiotic enough not to buy this great game at all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

About the sex issue. I highly doubt they would put it in the game cuz whoever manages the money knows that they can attract a bigger audience (and more money) if they don't put it in. Y add in sex if it causes them to lose tons of money and customers and give a bit of extra enjoyment to the perverts out there who resort to playing video games to... do their stuff lol???

chewie1890
05-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Though I hate to say it, myself being 14, a large quantity would just go around killing people and not playing it correctly. I plan on buying the game for the story, it enticed me ever since I heard about it for the first time. I actually would be kind of depressed if a few of my friends got their hands on this game because they just wouldn't play it they'd be sitting there going "Hey look what happens when I push this guy over and over! He came at me with a knife! Now it's time to wreck the entire village with my sword!!" Then they'd try and talk to me about the 'pwnage' they unleashed while I play through the game for real. It's kind of a shame.

Oh well, what can ya do?

Karl_93
05-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Guess my friends are just a whole lot cooler than ures!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif jkjk dunno really

gamepro11
07-10-2007, 08:41 PM
I think (and hope it is rated T)

moqqy
07-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by gamepro11:
I think (and hope it is rated T)

welcome to the forums, please do not bring threads like this up again, there is a more recent thread about this subject.. and its going to be rated M most likely!

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 09:45 AM
I just watched the new trailer for Assassins creed and soo far the game looks like its going to be rated T. I saw the city of Jerusalum and Altair killed a guard and there was barely any blood at all. And I really didn't see any prostitutes or anything that would make the game M for sexual content

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Lets all just stop saying M! and T! back and forth and sit down and discuss this in an intelligent way. (please respond)

moqqy
07-11-2007, 10:11 AM
there was blood on the demo when altair fought.. its going to be +16...

chewie1890
07-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Lets all just stop saying M! and T! back and forth and sit down and discuss this in an intelligent way. (please respond)

What's unintelligent about picking a stance, and defending it? That's the basis of debates. This is a fine way of discussing it.

@Karl: Yea you're probably right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 10:47 AM
hey guys, quick off subject question, I made a thread then i saw this one, I'm breaking the rules there soo how do I delete my thread, its a poll about assassins creed rating? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

GPNM
07-11-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm going with an "M" rating for this.
If Ubi is going for realism, there's gonna be some insane swordfights, and lots of blood spewing after chopping some poor guy's artery.

There's definitely some drug references.

Not to mention the fact that the guy that was the target in the E3 demo was a slave trader. Subject matter like that will definitely warrant a rating of "M".

moqqy
07-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by GPNM:
If Ubi is going for realism, there's gonna be some insane swordfights, and lots of blood spewing after chopping some poor guy's artery.

Not to mention the fact that the guy that was the target in the E3 demo was a slave trader. Subject matter like that will definitely warrant a rating of "M".

what are the drug references..?

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
how do you quote someone?

chewie1890
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Theres a button at the bottom of every post, it should be a folder with a quotation mark in front of it, click on that and just go to the bottom and start writing your reply.

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 12:17 PM
cool, anyway I watched the trailers and I barely saw any blood. besides, Ubisoft is going for realism, assassins make a quick, precice and deadly strike. they dont hack their targets to peices. look at the game "dead rising" for the 360 that game is outragously gory. you rip zobmies heads off and chuck it at another zombie. and you hack them to peiceis with axes and swing their severed limbs as a weapon. Assassins Creed is not like that. you make one precise and deadly kill. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

moqqy
07-11-2007, 12:33 PM
cool, anyway I watched the trailers and I barely saw any blood. besides, Ubisoft is going for realism, assassins make a quick, precice and deadly strike. they dont hack their targets to peices. look at the game "dead rising" for the 360 that game is outragously gory. you rip zobmies heads off and chuck it at another zombie. and you hack them to peiceis with axes and swing their severed limbs as a weapon. Assassins Creed is not like that. you make one precise and deadly kill. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

maybe you should get your eyes checked if you didnt see blood ^^

and no you didnt make one precise and deadly kill in the demo either.. one kill is your aim, but sometimes you need to kill the guards etc..

GPNM
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:

what are the drug references..? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hashshashin? As in, "users of Hashish"?

moqqy
07-11-2007, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:

Hashshashin? As in, "users of Hashish"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also as in noisy person, outlaw etc. and even if they have a name meaning "users of Hashish" doesnt mean they got anything to do with the drug ( like they dont )

GPNM
07-11-2007, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

also as in noisy person, outlaw etc. and even if they have a name meaning "users of Hashish" doesnt mean they got anything to do with the drug ( like they dont ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But they do.
It's not entirely documented, more of a speculation, that they did use Hashish in order to calm themselves to be able to perform their assassination.

moqqy
07-11-2007, 04:03 PM

also as in noisy person, outlaw etc. and even if they have a name meaning "users of Hashish" doesnt mean they got anything to do with the drug ( like they dont ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But they do.
It's not entirely documented, more of a speculation, that they did use Hashish in order to calm themselves to be able to perform their assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope they dont..lets copy noobfun here

"for hash use

marco polo says so

against hash use

marco polo doesnt describe hash

religeon says no

the founder would have said no

there was no magical garden for them to go after taking it

no one else in the 300 years of history mentions it

opiats were freely available at that time and in that reigon which are better then hash

the first recording of this myth was by marco polo who turned up 150 years after they were destroyed by the mongols "

GPNM
07-11-2007, 04:38 PM

But they do.
It's not entirely documented, more of a speculation, that they did use Hashish in order to calm themselves to be able to perform their assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope they dont..lets copy noobfun here

"for hash use

marco polo says so

against hash use

marco polo doesnt describe hash

religeon says no

the founder would have said no

there was no magical garden for them to go after taking it

no one else in the 300 years of history mentions it

opiats were freely available at that time and in that reigon which are better then hash

the first recording of this myth was by marco polo who turned up 150 years after they were destroyed by the mongols " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Honestly...I didn't understand much of that...but yea...I just read up on it and it was more of a myth regarding them.
My bad.

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 04:46 PM
maybe you should get your eyes checked if you didnt see blood ^^

and no you didnt make one precise and deadly kill in the demo either.. one kill is your aim, but sometimes you need to kill the guards etc...

I said 'barely' any blood and yes he killed the guards but he didn't hack their bodies to pieces and there was no gore and also he killed them in one precise hit. I don't know if you saw something different but I did not see him recklessly hacking heads off and cleaving off limbs.

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
anyone got an answer to match that?

moqqy
07-11-2007, 06:09 PM
anyone got an answer to match that?

huh?

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 06:19 PM
it is going to be rated T because I just watched the E3 trailer for assassins creed and when he killed the guards there was almost no blood. And there was absolutely no gore and there was no drug reference so it will be rated T.

moqqy
07-11-2007, 06:24 PM
it is going to be rated T because I just watched the E3 trailer for assassins creed and when he killed the guards there was almost no blood. And there was absolutely no gore and there was no drug reference so it will be rated T.

i disagree, and its gonna be rated +16

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamepro11:

i disagree, and its gonna be rated +16 </div></BLOCKQUOTE> well actually we don't use the 16+ rating system in America. that is for Europe. and 16+ means T

tschlosser
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Hmmmm.....

They shouldnt put ratings on games!

Like, we already have our parents, or w.e telling us what kinda games we can and cant buy, we dont need anyone else telling us what we can and cant play!

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 06:54 PM
I totally agree! who needs ratings on our games. it just tells us that we cant play some awesome games! And ESRB always overates games, "oooohhhoo it has violence we must rate it M" ESRB is like an over protective parent.

tschlosser
07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Fuh i know eh?

And for the new transformers game, i mean cmon, absolutely NO BLOOD ATALL!! NO SWEARING! and its rated Teen!

And i remember when i was a kid, i had a shrek game for Ps1! PS1!! And it had nuthin bad in it, not even any violence, and it was rated Teen!!

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 07:17 PM
yeah but transformers as loads of violence. and were getting off topic. lets discuss what assassins creed is going to be rated.

tschlosser
07-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Any bet, its gonna be rated M, becuz i can think that they will be swearing a bit in the game, and just one curse word, and they'll put it up to M esspecially if there is alot of violence, which we already know, there will be!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
yeah but look at the e3 trailer, there was violence but almost no blood. And look at "oblivion" when it came out it was T and it had lots of blood and violence and gore. It is only M because some idiot made a mod where you could make a topless character.

tschlosser
07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Woooooooow, what a loser to make a topless anitmated character, lol

But, there is blood, and there will probably be more, well, at least i hope, YAY!!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 07:28 PM
anyway to discuss the rating I think it will be T if esrb is anything near reasonable.

tschlosser
07-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Probably, but we eont know until the game comes out

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 07:35 PM
but esrb has a tendency to over rate their games like the name assassins creed alone will probably earn it a step closer to M

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Although maybe there will be a chance it will be rated T

himynameisbob69
07-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Mature for sure...u dig?

gamepro11
07-12-2007, 02:44 PM
actually it will be rated T

lothor1
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
i think it should be Teen because ther is no bad words no gore just blood and thats it i think but thats wat i seen so far

gamepro11
07-12-2007, 04:59 PM
well actually there was blood just not much of it.

bluesparks113
07-17-2007, 03:57 PM
ok now i think that some of esrbs people are on the weed second there are equle arguments on the rating its not gonna be e if it is ill die it dosent seem like a bad game so it could be T but the t rating goes from i think 13 to 17 an obviously 16 is closer to 17 and 17+ is an M rating if it ends up as an m game there will be an uproar from kids if its t the paarents will be up in arms so well just have to wait

sireatsalot91
07-17-2007, 04:19 PM
@ Gamepro:
In this particular game, I don't konw if you read the title or not, but you play an ASSASSIN! I think it will be rated M because in order to be an ASSASSIN, you have to do ASSASSIN-like things, like KILL people. In the E3 demo(i think his name is Patrice)he PUSHED a guy OFF of a BUILDING, threw another guy down and STABBED him in the stomach, THREW a KNIFE at another guy, chased his target and eventually came down with a HIDDEN DAGGER into his NECK. Even though the blood isn't real gory, it does have a spray effect. Besides, not only do kill gaurds, but you may kill innocent people. We don't know what kind of language will be in it yet because so far we have only seen one cut scene. Another game that can fit this description perfectly that is rated M is Hitman. Blood isn't crazy in that game, but you do infiltrate and kill a lot of people in a fairly realistic manner(i don't think 12 gauges would fit that well in a suit pocket, lol). Once you think about, there's really no reason why the game shouldnt be rated M.

chewie1890
07-17-2007, 04:24 PM
One thing that most people seem to be missing about game ratings is that they don't just consider the violence, they consider the context.

With Altair being a hero-like character who is out to end war and save the general populace it very well could be rated T. Oblivion was rated T till some modder took off the female characters tops and released it to the general public. That game had gore, civilian killing, and bloodied up swords. I think it even had language too, I can't remember though.

sireatsalot91
07-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
One thing that most people seem to be missing about game ratings is that they don't just consider the violence, they consider the context.

With Altair being a hero-like character who is out to end war and save the general populace it very well could be rated T. Oblivion was rated T till some modder took off the female characters tops and released it to the general public. That game had gore, civilian killing, and bloodied up swords. I think it even had language too, I can't remember though.

I never really thought Altair was a hero kind of person, though. Even though he's ending the war by killing the architects of it, you have to remember, those people are actually good guys(at least the moment in the blue cloud made it seem like they were), and your being rewarded for killing them. That was one of the big reason why Manhunt 2 was given an AO rating, because you were rewarded for killing people. I know that there was the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion, but their was the Fame/Infamy thing going on to kind of balance it out. I don't think there will be anything like that in Assassin's Creed. Also AC is just way more realistic looking which I think they also take into account because if Jak and Daxter weren't elvish and animal looking and carry weapons that didn't glow, than those games would probably be rated M too. Sorry for getting a little offtopic by bringing in other games.

Atheist2012
07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
If you look at a game like Mercenaries, it was rated Teen because when the bullets hit people, it had a sort of "dust" effect where a puff of dust came off. Oblivion did have some sexual themes, like the book, "The Lusty Argonian Maid". AC is much more gritty and bloody--rated M for sure.

chewie1890
07-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by sireatsalot91:
I never really thought Altair was a hero kind of person, though. Even though he's ending the war by killing the architects of it, you have to remember, those people are actually good guys(at least the moment in the blue cloud made it seem like they were), and your being rewarded for killing them. That was one of the big reason why Manhunt 2 was given an AO rating, because you were rewarded for killing people. I know that there was the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion, but their was the Fame/Infamy thing going on to kind of balance it out. I don't think there will be anything like that in Assassin's Creed. Also AC is just way more realistic looking which I think they also take into account because if Jak and Daxter weren't elvish and animal looking and carry weapons that didn't glow, than those games would probably be rated M too. Sorry for getting a little offtopic by bringing in other games.

There's no problem with bringing in other games, gives more examples. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

See I've always considered Altair as being a hero, because from what he knows these people truly were bad people. Take Talal for instance. He thought he was a cruel slaver who treated people like ****.

The only person you get rewarded for killing are the nine key figures. If you kill a civilian then people won't like you and it will be sort of like punishment.

I think the fame/infamy thing that is being implemented in AC is the crowd dynamic, you have to help out everyone to get them to like you, and if you're a jerk to everyone, then you get in trouble while trying to escape or while just walking through town. So you get rewarded for doing good deeds, and punished for doing bads. That's just my thoughts though.

Atheist2012
07-17-2007, 09:34 PM
I didn't like how the Oblivion infamy/fame system worked. If you were on a mission for the Dark Brotherhood and murdered someone, your infamy went up:How does everyone know you killed someone? If they did, would you have a bounty? I think it would work if you had soemone witness a bad deed and then spread it around as rumor.

MrMoo333
07-17-2007, 09:37 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif I feel the same way, and i also didn't like how when you save the world, you get less fame then if you had joined the mages guild!

Atheist2012
07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Apparently: Champion of Cyrodiil < Arch Mage

sireatsalot91
07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sireatsalot91:

There's no problem with bringing in other games, gives more examples. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

See I've always considered Altair as being a hero, because from what he knows these people truly were bad people. Take Talal for instance. He thought he was a cruel slaver who treated people like ****.

The only person you get rewarded for killing are the nine key figures. If you kill a civilian then people won't like you and it will be sort of like punishment.

I think the fame/infamy thing that is being implemented in AC is the crowd dynamic, you have to help out everyone to get them to like you, and if you're a jerk to everyone, then you get in trouble while trying to escape or while just walking through town. So you get rewarded for doing good deeds, and punished for doing bads. That's just my thoughts though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, I never thought of the crowd that. I always saw it as a "If you help me, I'll help you" type thing and if you left them alone then they'd leave you alone. What you say makes sense, but I still don't see the crowd as a type of "Conscience Meter". I guess I'm thinking too linear. I'm thinking more along the lines of a good/bad, clear, definitive line, because not all of the crowd is with or against you.

Atheist2012
07-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Maybe if you give a poor person some money or something, they'll let you hide in their home or wheel barrel. Just a thought.

MrMoo333
07-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Yea, I don't know if it's like you just run up to him, throw him some cash and jump in, i bet its a side quest to get him food or something every week as like a payment

Atheist2012
07-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by MrMoo333:
Yea, I don't know if it's like you just run up to him, throw him some cash and jump in, i bet its a side quest to get him food or something every week as like a payment
So as long as you give that person what they want, they will help you whenever your in the city and need something.

gamepro11
07-18-2007, 05:31 PM
well I think that this game will be rated T
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

akser
07-18-2007, 07:25 PM
I need assassins creed ill die without it so if theres any ubisoft people out there please save my life and give what u can god bless and thank you

akser
07-19-2007, 12:20 PM
do u think we will b able 2 kill any 1 we want 2 an rape and pillage basically how free r we 2 do what we want 2 do i still cant wait though

bobbylucifer
07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
from the latest interview with patrice it seems that only guards, gangs and your target etc (basically anyone who can attack you) will be targetable so killing civilians looks like a no no.

gamepro11
07-19-2007, 02:48 PM
the game is going to be rated T because I just watched the E3 Jerusalem trailers and I saw no gore and barely any blood at all and there were no prostitutes in the streets. and there was nothing worthy of a M rating, but you know how esrb is these days.

polishpastry
10-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Uh Yea great umm I doubt there will b sex violence hellz yea and drug references alcohol possibly but thats it also there arent like severed limbs its just a spray of blood mist when you hit a guy ive seen some videos off ign honestly im hoping for T but its borderline

polishpastry
10-03-2007, 02:38 PM
added to above an old knights of the old republic game i have basically has u stacking up on roids and its teen so im sayin no M for drug reference or sex

A.B.O.Y
10-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by bobbylucifer:
from the latest interview with patrice it seems that only guards, gangs and your target etc (basically anyone who can attack you) will be targetable so killing civilians looks like a no no.

I dont see why you would want to target random people anyway, in this type of game it would seem wrong.I think it will be 18+ or 16+ because the templar trailer said 18+

Myarmy
10-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I recently watched some of the e3 demos and from what I saw of altair fighting like 5 or 6 gaurds at a time their was quite a bit of blood. At one point I saw him sheath his sword and bring out his shorter weapon then slashing a gaurd twice both times releasing a gush of blood.

I agree that this game will include killing, but it wont be mindless killing.

ESRB is really strict, I think they will give it an M rating. Even though some people under 18+ are mature enough to play it.

It is similar to a world war II movie getting a Rated R rating.. blood and violence. I don't much agree with a rated M rating but it is most likely what it will get.

lnhumancode
10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, there is quite a bit of blood if you look in the latest clips. Lonely Soul for example: you can see gushing blood numerous times in that trailer.

eliteassassin69
10-04-2007, 08:30 PM
wow gamepro do you have short term memory loss? its not the blood its what your are DOING. sheesh people!

Originally posted by sireatsalot91:
@ Gamepro:
In this particular game, I don't konw if you read the title or not, but you play an ASSASSIN! I think it will be rated M because in order to be an ASSASSIN, you have to do ASSASSIN-like things, like KILL people. In the E3 demo(i think his name is Patrice)he PUSHED a guy OFF of a BUILDING, threw another guy down and STABBED him in the stomach, THREW a KNIFE at another guy, chased his target and eventually came down with a HIDDEN DAGGER into his NECK. Even though the blood isn't real gory, it does have a spray effect. Besides, not only do kill gaurds, but you may kill innocent people. We don't know what kind of language will be in it yet because so far we have only seen one cut scene. Another game that can fit this description perfectly that is rated M is Hitman. Blood isn't crazy in that game, but you do infiltrate and kill a lot of people in a fairly realistic manner(i don't think 12 gauges would fit that well in a suit pocket, lol). Once you think about, there's really no reason why the game shouldnt be rated M.

eliteassassin69
10-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by eliteassassin69:
wow gamepro do you have short term memory loss? its not the blood its what your are DOING. sheesh people!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sireatsalot91:
@ Gamepro:
In this particular game, I don't konw if you read the title or not, but you play an ASSASSIN! I think it will be rated M because in order to be an ASSASSIN, you have to do ASSASSIN-like things, like KILL people. In the E3 demo(i think his name is Patrice)he PUSHED a guy OFF of a BUILDING, threw another guy down and STABBED him in the stomach, THREW a KNIFE at another guy, chased his target and eventually came down with a HIDDEN DAGGER into his NECK. Even though the blood isn't real gory, it does have a spray effect. Besides, not only do kill gaurds, but you may kill innocent people. We don't know what kind of language will be in it yet because so far we have only seen one cut scene. Another game that can fit this description perfectly that is rated M is Hitman. Blood isn't crazy in that game, but you do infiltrate and kill a lot of people in a fairly realistic manner(i don't think 12 gauges would fit that well in a suit pocket, lol). Once you think about, there's really no reason why the game shouldnt be rated M. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Faylinks
10-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Hello all!

Sexual Content:

Profanity:

Violence:

who really cares that much???? you wrote a novel on what the rating of a game that is coming out in a month. i mean.. its not even that much of a pending deal here, how many people speculate over the rating of a game?

moonsongv1
10-05-2007, 08:20 AM
It would be a safe bet to say it's going to be rated M. These ratings are useless. Kids will still get there hands on it. Just spend an evening playing Gears of War online.

cowboyonacid
10-05-2007, 07:59 PM
I wish it woule be AO. If that happened I would be wicked happy. However, I'm thinking they sell out for an M. AO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif This game would be legendary in AO. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

flameruler19
10-05-2007, 11:27 PM
[/COLOR]

flameruler19
10-05-2007, 11:28 PM
sorry about above, im new here.... Well I dont know....I agree ESRB has been a ***** lately always pissin' n' moanin'. Heres the thing that gets me though, people will blame a school shooting or something on this game, but im off topic. I think it could go either way, theres still a month and a half to go in developement or what ever. Its same thing with books, the Assassins Creed books will go on the challenged books list in about a year i can almost gaurantee it!!!!

Faylinks
10-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by flameruler19:
[/COLOR] http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

AirRon_2K7
10-06-2007, 01:05 AM
the game is going to be rated T because I just watched the E3 Jerusalem trailers and I saw no gore and barely any blood at all and there were no prostitutes in the streets. and there was nothing worthy of a M rating, but you know how esrb is these days.

Yeah, but if you watch a more modern trailer, most of the attacks have blood in them, and patrice has said that since E3 all of the counters and attacks have blood on them now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

frenchfriar
10-06-2007, 09:25 AM
NOOOOOOO I found a place online that says it was teen but they changed it to ****in M 2 weeks ago **** YOU ESRB

frenchfriar
10-07-2007, 10:15 AM
ive seen previews of the cover and in the bottom right hand corner it says M also ive seen reviews that say it was T originally but a few days ago they changed it although i believe this game should b M in some issues esrb is off their rocker

spazzoo1025
10-07-2007, 11:36 AM
[/COLOR]

just click the eraser in the bottom right of this post and click Delete Post....?

ae.lf
10-23-2007, 04:22 PM
I don understand the "strong leanguage" is the third cruzade!!! wat words say? bast... is for T, Fool is for T, Idiot is for T, Why!!!!
My problem is that rating, my parents dont let me buy the game because they thing is like gears of war in blood and violence please help me!!!

fGuppy88
10-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Sexual Content:

If I recal there was lots of sex back then. More so then there is now. It wasn't advertise and it was hiddended and looked down upon. But it didn't stop people from doing it.

Popes would often be gay or have sex with many women. and there would be many ******s looking to sleep with people.

and there is always sex in every period. How do you think people were born?

I doubt there will be ******s (maybe popes with ******s or raping) My bet its just some girl and a guy that are in love and you may see some outline of a pair of breast.

KlNDRED
10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ae.lf:
I don understand the "strong leanguage" is the third cruzade!!! wat words say? bast... is for T, Fool is for T, Idiot is for T, Why!!!!
My problem is that rating, my parents dont let me buy the game because they thing is like gears of war in blood and violence please help me!!!

didnt you make a thread about this and pretty much got destroyed?

fGuppy88
10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
sorry about above, im new here.... Well I dont know....I agree ESRB has been a ***** lately always pissin' n' moanin'. Heres the thing that gets me though, people will blame a school shooting or something on this game, but im off topic. I think it could go either way, theres still a month and a half to go in developement or what ever. Its same thing with books, the Assassins Creed books will go on the challenged books list in about a year i can almost gaurantee it!!!!

lol if someone kill some one because of a game. THen the game isn't the problem. The problems lie in that this "someone" completely ******ed.

fGuppy88
10-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by KlNDRED:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ae.lf:

didnt you make a thread about this and pretty much got destroyed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe they used $h!+, Damn, and @$$. Maybe B!+(h as the name came from a female dog and maybe the F word but i don't think they used that.

sweetlou280
10-23-2007, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ae.lf:

didnt you make a thread about this and pretty much got destroyed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yah I ABSOLUTELY destroyed this kid on his forum with my legendary comment about why its rated M.

AldirTheKnight
10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
why do people say it has the strong language rating because he talks about killing?

I bet there will be swearing, there weren't many educated people during that time

sweetlou280
10-23-2007, 05:17 PM
I couldn't cut and paste the comment so i'll just retype it:
We are yet to see the finished product. Blood graphics are blood graphics, the ESBR doesn't give a **** if it is realistic or not. And about the violence part...Are you forgeting the parts where Altair drives his dagger into someones heart twice and casts the body aside, or slices open someones throat, or swings down on the collar bone so hard that the sword gets stuck in the chest cavity and he has to rip it out to keep fighting? Or maybe where he breaks someones leg, turns around and breaks someone's neck? Or throws someone off a castle wall, stabs someone in the stomach, or in the foot and than slices their neck open? We are yet to see what happens when Altair jumps off a building and hits concrete...you can trample people with your horse, slice someones back open, knock someone to the ground with a devistating blow from an elbow and than drive his sword into the guys stomach? Or maybe you are forgetting the whole public assassinations thing...OH or maybe you forgot the parts when Altair drives his hidden blade into someones spinal cord. We are yet to see all of the brutal moves Altair has in store for us.
If your parents don't let you play M rated games...don't complain to us about it. We are all fine with the rating. It is a fair ruling, these are the same people that gave GTA an M, and Viva Pinata an E...they don't just hand out ratings, there are always reasons. About the language part...all the bad words we say today actually came from the medieval time, they might not mean the same thing...but they mean something bad now. And you forgot the furturistic part, there will be a couple swears then.
Now Ae.lf you ran away with your tail between your legs last time I posted this...I am interested to hear your response.

AldirTheKnight
10-23-2007, 05:19 PM
well excuse me for not wanting to read a long post, I just wanted to post my 2 cents

KlNDRED
10-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
well excuse me for not wanting to read a long post, I just wanted to post my 2 cents

It was mainly directed at Ae dont worry
and it still pwns lol

sweetlou280
10-23-2007, 09:12 PM
It was mainly directed at Ae dont worry
and it still pwns lol
BINGO!!!!

Last_Assassins
10-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Real quick... who gives a ****...
I mean really... What does it matter if its M or T?

~Chase

sweetlou280
10-23-2007, 10:22 PM
If it is rated T anyone could play it...so the youngins are sad that they can't play.

papaj978
10-28-2007, 10:19 AM
maybe the strong language will be part of the present day part of the game. in a society these days, swearing is pretty common.

i am surprised no one has thought of that. and if you did figure this out a while ago, sorry for stealing your credit.

gamepro11
10-28-2007, 10:30 AM
its rated M so that discussion is done. and since when has anyone started using this thread for months???

Warrior-Within2
10-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Well, you raise an interesting point. It seems that games nowadays are rated not for their content, but because of the blind bias of the "all-knowing" ESRB raters.

People claim that the ESRB is doing a great job. But I think they're growing arrogant, complacent, and completely ignorant.

I suspect that if Assassin's Creed is rated Mature, it will be because of the typical ESRB knee-jerk reaction. "Killing? Sh*t! Give it an M!"

I'm still hopeful that ESRB the will become more intelligent in their rating process. As it stands now, none of them even have a damn clue what they're rating. There's something deeper in this game than the violence. But they're content to turn a blind eye in order to cover their asses.

I'll buy it no matter what, but I'm hoping that it makes the ESRB at least think twice before they hit it with the big 'M.'

Personally I prefer M rated games because then developers don't have to hold back on their true visions. They can have mild language or blood where it seems that the time is right. I hate it most of all when something is in a battle situation and grown men are saying friggen and darn instead of fu--k and damn, why? Not because I like profanity but just because it makes more sense and is more realistic. When would you hear a grown man say friggen in a battle situation. It just sounds censored when a game gets pushed back to a rated T when the original version was an M game.

gamepro11
10-28-2007, 11:44 AM
its M! done! just forget about it, its rated M, ok, there is nothing more to say about it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Largo_McDoug
11-08-2007, 06:07 PM
hey, im 14... im not in for it for all the killing. my mom barely likes the game.but i begged her and she said i could buy it ^_^. the best part is that you get to climb like everything!