PDA

View Full Version : how to make wingmen releasing bombs follow you in a level bombing?

HQ1
07-24-2006, 05:30 AM
Hi ALl,
recently i play offline as a JU88 leader. i met a big problem can not make my shwarm releasing the bombs follow me just like the level boming in reality. who can give some advice? thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

HQ1
07-24-2006, 05:30 AM
Hi ALl,
recently i play offline as a JU88 leader. i met a big problem can not make my shwarm releasing the bombs follow me just like the level boming in reality. who can give some advice? thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Bearcat99
07-24-2006, 05:53 AM
Thats a hotone. The AI is sometimes brain dead. Hopefully the AI will be more responsive in BoB. I have come back from offline missions with AI still carrying ordinance. However you can tell them to at6tack and often they do you just have to tell threm over and over and over..... Sometimes is attacked they will even try to fight with ordinance... which is a drag. Whi;le good in may respects the AI in this sim could still use some tweaking.

HQ1
07-24-2006, 05:58 AM
It seems hopeless. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

joeap
07-24-2006, 06:15 AM
No it's not hopeless but depends on proper mission design. If you are leverl bombing you should have a last waypoint some distance before the actual target waypoint (it should have been designated as level bomb waypoint in the mission) and lined up with it. Here's what I do as JU-88 and Pe-2 pilot.

1) Just before you hit the last waypoint before the target hit the AP. Your bombbay doors will open and so will those of your flight.

2) Then I go back to manual, starting my bombrun procedure. I then hit the leveler and start the bombrun procedure. You will notice your flight's bobmbay doors are still open even if yours are not. Tip: Aim somewhat ahead of the main target as you wnat your flight's bombs to walk in to the target.

3) If usign aut - or manual, once you release your eggs hit AP right away...your flight will relase their bombs too. Did this the other day in a Stalingrad Dgen campaign when my Ju-88s were tasked with destroying a Russkie supply depot next to the Volga (a bunch of trucks and such). using the 28x50kg loadout was good...I let go early...blew up one truck only but my flight hit more of the other vehicles. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Give it a try.

lowfighter
07-24-2006, 06:47 AM
What joeap said + an additional possibility here:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33

WWSensei
07-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Yep, only way to get the AI flight to drop is to switch to auto-pilot. This used to work fine but somewhere around the various 3.x patches was broken and has been ignored by 1C despite many bug reports.

If you aren't the flight lead but just a member of the flight the AI will also drop correctly.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
07-24-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm sorry but that is not the only way, if you are lead this is all you have to do, I have done this countless times in my squads online campaign and have taken out dozens of ground targets.

This only works if you are flying lead.

As you start your bomb run, have everything setup and tracking target, hit:

Tab, select Wing(should be second option), select 6(Ground Targets) you will see a list, "Attack All" will be your option next but do not press it just yet, once you see the "bombs away" message hit the Attack All number, all your flight will drop its bombs right away.

8)

HQ1
07-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Worm,
I have tried what you say in quick mission in smolansk map bombing an airfield but it doesnt work. Another problem is also highlighted no option for dive bombing or level bombing in this game.

WWSensei
07-25-2006, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by _VR_ScorpionWorm:
I'm sorry but that is not the only way, if you are lead this is all you have to do, I have done this countless times in my squads online campaign and have taken out dozens of ground targets.

This only works if you are flying lead.

As you start your bomb run, have everything setup and tracking target, hit:

Tab, select Wing(should be second option), select 6(Ground Targets) you will see a list, "Attack All" will be your option next but do not press it just yet, once you see the "bombs away" message hit the Attack All number, all your flight will drop its bombs right away.

8) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tried it last night offline and not able to get it to work. Will keep trying as it may be a timing issue. I wonder if there is a difference in online AI behavior and offline?

triggerhappyfin
07-25-2006, 07:58 AM
One more option is available. if you padlock ground targets you'r able to order the AI attack your target. If you first order your wingman to attack your padlocked target you then are able to do the same with rest of the flight. Much more damage is done this way as you can pick out the juiciest targets on sight.

In real life it was done in similar way, even while dogfighting. One of the most experienced pilots acted as a fightleader. In RAF it could in fact even be somebody with lower ranks but with greater experience.

When I make some offline gaming I often enjoy the need of leading the AI in detail during groundattacks. Instead of a hit and run attack it often will be a prolonged battle. Flying as leader of a combined force, jabos and ground pounders with some fighters to protect the taskforce, you have a real handfull in managing them all to achieve the goal of the attack. Really enjoyable and often needed to replay in order to get it all right. While replaying a mission all the variables that inflict the coarse of events will be so much more apparent to you. Never will it be the same even if the setup is same every time. Thats quite amazing.

The AI dont manage on it´s owne or atleast dont preforme well, as would'nt a taskforce in real life do without leadership. This adds in my opinion a greater amount of reality than if the AI would manage on it's owne.

DuxCorvan
07-25-2006, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
...the AI in this sim could still use some tweaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe me: if the generous Bear says that something in FB/PF "could still use some tweaking", it means that it really sucks! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Scharnhorst1943
07-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Joeap & _VR_ScorpionWorm:
This method works with DGEN, but does it also work with DCG?

I don't know if any of you use DCG or not. But Paul has set up a waypt before the target for all level bombing missions. I just don't know if it is close enough to do what you say, as far as having the AI bombay doors open and such.

joeap
07-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Hey Scharnhorst, I have DCG too, I am pretty sure it works but will test it at home and get back to you.

Scharnhorst1943
07-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks Joeap. I would test it myself, but this week I have barely enough time to check the forum for 2 min. I have got zero flight time this week. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif Although I love the family I have in town visiting, the war is beckoning me ...

WWSensei
07-26-2006, 08:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scharnhorst1943:
Joeap & _VR_ScorpionWorm:
This method works with DGEN, but does it also work with DCG?

I don't know if any of you use DCG or not. But Paul has set up a waypt before the target for all level bombing missions. I just don't know if it is close enough to do what you say, as far as having the AI bombay doors open and such. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DCG does support the IP and Egress Point for bomb runs. I know because I'm the one that pestered Paul into coding them. You can set how far or how close you want those points to be in the waypoint config menu. I think they default to 10 km.