PDA

View Full Version : Kadish- linking book in treasure room ***spoiler***

bdkizer2003
11-21-2003, 10:28 AM
Did anyone touch the linking book next to the dead guy?. I did not. What happens if you do?

bdkizer2003
11-21-2003, 10:28 AM
Did anyone touch the linking book next to the dead guy?. I did not. What happens if you do?

CosimoDeMedici
11-21-2003, 10:32 AM
You win the game!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bdkizer2003:
Did anyone touch the linking book next to the dead guy?. I did not. What happens if you do?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bdkizer2003
11-21-2003, 10:35 AM
I already completed the game without touching the linking book. I read somewhere in other posts that you should not touch it.

CosimoDeMedici
11-21-2003, 10:41 AM
You can click a linking book once just to see where it goes. You can see that this one goes someplace you've already been.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bdkizer2003:
I already completed the game without touching the linking book. I read somewhere in other posts that you should not touch it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moleculor
11-21-2003, 10:49 AM
What's the POINT behind that book anywho?

bdkizer2003
11-21-2003, 10:55 AM
I went back and touched the book. I do not know why there would be a link to the gallery unless there is an additional puzzle to solve.
I do not remember any clues to the vault being present in the gallery.

CosimoDeMedici
11-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Kadish was clearly mad, and obsessed with his treasures. This will partially explain the elaborate contraptions to protect his loot. The linking book to the gallery is clearly his "key", so it makes sense that he kept it in his care at all times.

The real question is the story behind the first linking book to the gallery (the one we all used). Why would a copy be made? Did the DRC put it where we found it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moleculor:
What's the POINT behind that book anywho?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JasperdogBSO
11-21-2003, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moleculor:
What's the POINT behind that book anywho?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have the option of resetting any puzzles as soon as you are done with them, by using the blue button that is placed usually in the hallway after their completion. This means that the road back has been closed to you. If you missed any of the journey cloths along that road, you now have no way (except by linking to Relto, then back to the start of the age) to recover them. The linking book in the treasure room allows you to go through the gallery to refresh the clues so that you can open these paths back up. Also, as a worst case example, it allows you out of the treasure room if you've closed the door.

Moleculor
11-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Actually if you closed the door, you can open it back up again with the same blue button.

easylips
11-21-2003, 11:08 PM
What did these people do for fun? No bowling. Hard to play volleyball with those cliffs. I guess they kept losing the ball.

That last Kadish vault puzzle was wonderfully displayed on it's own wall, with the spokes radiating outward like the vault building. Cute.

maztec
11-21-2003, 11:51 PM
If you take the time to translate and read the letter written in D'ni that lays upon the ground near that last linking book, you'll know why it is there and why his corpse is still there.

Moleculor
11-22-2003, 12:01 AM
Oh, right, and you somehow magically translated the page?

I've seen someone who obviously knows what he's doing try and translate it, and a third of the words even HE couldn't translate.

maztec
11-22-2003, 12:44 AM
Moleculor,

No, I went to one of the websites that teaches you D'ni and the one with the information on grammar. Then I learned enough to know the letters and took the time to break it apart until I had enough to make sense of it. If you read enough gibberish you reach a point that you can skip words you don't quite know but fill them in with context.

Gizzmo0411
11-22-2003, 07:35 AM
Uh...so what's it say???