PDA

View Full Version : Horse Pack DLC for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

risummm
12-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Horses are important in the great city of Rome. There is no denying it; were there no horses in Rome, Rome wouldn't be the same.

As some mission requires the use of horses, horses should be as customizable as ones Assassin's Guild. Every Assassin should be able to pick his or her own horse – treat it well, and it will ride well. Treat it bad – don't.

With this new DLC pack, multiple new features would be made available both for Singleplayer as well as Multiplayer.

For singleplayer, it would include the following:

Customizable Horses
New Horseback Racing Missions
Horse riding Tutorials
Ride-by Shops
Horse Leveling System

Customizing Horses would be simple, yet not. When visiting a tailor, you would be able to buy items for your horse. Items, such as pouches in which you could carry a throw-able lance, a sword which you only use while riding, or extra crossbow ammunition.

You would also be able to buy different blankets as seen on some of the traveler-guards. New colors would be added though, as well as special colors only available once the corresponding assignment had been made (e.g. renovate all of Rome, to unlock the Auditore Blanket). Red, Black, Blue, Green and White, would also be available colors – all the colors which would match any armor dye.

Of course, War Horses should not be neglected. Buy the armor which you want to use for the horse by the blacksmith; Roman, Rondelle, Plate, Seusenhofer, Brutus armor should be available. Also, along with the Altaïr Armor, Altaïr Robes and Helmschmied Drachen Armor, you would be able to buy armor corresponding to that.

About Ride-by Shopping. I often ride by a shop just to fill up on Bullets, or to buy myself a pack of Medicine – but that I have to go through the effort of descending from my horse, talking to the shop manager and what not, is just too much. Why not just ride past the shop, click on RB (R1 on PS3), and get everything you need filled up instantly, ready to go again?

Of course, regular shopping should also be possible. Just click on X (Square on PS3) while on your horse, and you will be brought to the normal shopping screen.

Now.. Leveling? Oh yes, leveling. My Assassin Comrades have the most hardcore gear available, but have to do with mere peasant-like horses? No can do! I want to be able to go through different Horse Missions, which would allow me to learn different techniques, such as the Horse-To-Beam technique, as well as the ability to Gallop, and thereby unlock the best-of-the-best for my fellow assassini. The missions would progress from easy through difficult, to be sure that everything will be learned – everything from walking casually, to galloping through the streets, jumping from horseback to horseback, up to a beam, and assassinate your target from behind – and be able to jump down on your horse, and flee the scene.

Horses would also assist you in killing guards, by kicking them in the face.

Horses would of course require maintaining, to be sure they won't disband you, won't ride with other guards etc. An apple a day, makes sure the horse won't run away. You would also be able to buy crème de la crème horses, for your topnotch assassins.

My plan for Multiplayer:

Racing Mode.

It's as simple as that. A racing mode.

No, who am I kidding, it would me way more than just “a racing mode”. Different kinds of racing would be made; Chasing, Catch The Flag, Speed Trials, Checkpoints and much more – with and without horses.
Now, I will not go into a lot of detail about how the different playmodes would work. They would work as they normally do; Chasing would be a normal chase as seen in “Wanted”, Catch the Flag would be taking the other teams' flag, before they take yours, Speed Trials would mean you must reach point X, faster than all else and Checkpoints would make you reach different checkpoints scattered round and about the maps.

Of course, a racing mode wouldn't be possible if maps weren't made to support them. So as much trouble as it would be; 4-5 Racing Maps should be made. Of course, the Racing Maps will be meant for horseback racing only, as people without a horse, is often more maneuverable, than if they were to have a horse.

And that concludes my Horse Pack DLC idea for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I hoped you enjoyed reading the idea, as much as I'd enjoy using it.

Keksus
12-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Horses are important in the great city of Rome. There is no denying it

Never used the horses. Now what?

DarkicoN14
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM
DAMN IT! i thought this was real until i read the ending

tyrce111
12-07-2010, 04:57 PM
I guess you could coriour large packages or even people, sick or in good health...

Give the horse a parachute...JK

I realy like the idea and I hope Ubisoft creat a DLC such as this...

risummm
12-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Keksus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Horses are important in the great city of Rome. There is no denying it

Never used the horses. Now what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say that all the people in Rome needed it.
The noble-men who are to lazy to walk, ride. Messengers use the horse to get to their target faster. Even the rulers of Rome, e.g. Cesare Borgia, use horses.

But I will recommend that you start using horses - not the war horses, but the whitest white horsest. They're about 2 times faster than the other horses, and more agile. They're only good for traveling though, as they will get "destroyed" the second a guard decides it's time for you to get down.

KniloX
12-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Nice would be awesome, no matter how unlikely

HiddenBlaDe00
12-08-2010, 02:38 AM
I like the idea, but I don't think a DLC pack would be enough to accomodate it, or any possible modifications or expansions it may encounter.

I'd say incorporate it into the next game somehow.

...Then again, what do I know *shrugs*

gutarjunky
12-08-2010, 10:06 AM
...the only thing i want is for the horses to go faster http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

OGCFB
12-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I never use the horses for some reason things like to go wrong when I ride horses like bumping into stuff slowing me down and the horses are already skinny and slow as it is..

risummm
12-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by gutarjunky:
...the only thing i want is for the horses to go faster http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Have you read the User Manual, found inside the "Database" menu? This explains something about the speeds of horses.

Basically, if you think your horse is slow: Steal a Messenger-Guards' horse.
The peasant horses are slow, and good-for-nothing, and the War Horses look epic, but run slow. They're also better in combat, and it takes more for you to fall off.

Of course, many people don't use the User Manual. Heck, I didn't even know it existed. That's why I would really like horse missions in the game, to really explain some things about horses.

EdgeX4
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by risummm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gutarjunky:

Have you read the User Manual, found inside the "Database" menu? This explains something about the speeds of horses.

The peasant horses are slow, and good-for-nothing, and the War Horses look epic, but run slow. They're also better in combat, and it takes more for you to fall off.

Of course, many people don't use the User Manual. Heck, I didn't even know it existed. That's why I would really like horse missions in the game, to really explain some things about horses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You still can't make the gallop other than in specified missions.... Make them gallop everywhere and then we'll talk about a horse patch....

risummm
12-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by EdgeX4:
You still can't make the gallop other than in specified missions.... Make them gallop everywhere and then we'll talk about a horse patch....

Which is why I took the liberty of creating this Topic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.
I just thought I'd shoot that in there, as some people don't know that.

k0br4
12-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Nice idea, probably a few things I would leave out or change, but I'm too lazy to say much else (And I'm watching Mythbusters)..

gutarjunky
12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by EdgeX4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by risummm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gutarjunky:

Of course, many people don't use the User Manual. Heck, I didn't even know it existed. That's why I would really like horse missions in the game, to really explain some things about horses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You still can't make the gallop other than in specified missions.... Make them gallop everywhere and then we'll talk about a horse patch.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^^ what he said..

evilkitten28
12-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by gutarjunky:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdgeX4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by risummm:

You still can't make the gallop other than in specified missions.... Make them gallop everywhere and then we'll talk about a horse patch.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^^ what he said.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gifI gallop all over the place. Whenever my destination is "far" away, I steal a guards horse(they're faster) and off I go...it's faster than running on foot.

obliviondoll
12-08-2010, 05:42 PM
All they really need to add is the option to gallop all the time.

Tapping the button can still put you into "stand mode" and galloping drops you back down the same way slowing down does.

gutarjunky
12-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by evilkitten28:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdgeX4:

^^^ what he said.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gifI gallop all over the place. Whenever my destination is "far" away, I steal a guards horse(they're faster) and off I go...it's faster than running on foot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you even played the other games? these horses are ALOT slower compared to the ones in the other games yeah its faster then running but not by much

evilkitten28
12-08-2010, 07:55 PM
@guitarjunky: why yes, I have played the other games...sorry I just don't see a big issue with the horses in Brotherhood, it really just depends on which one you're on...perhaps I'm too easy to please

RE: the OP, I do think some horse DLC would be cool but I don't think it'll happen.

RunnerGroucho
12-08-2010, 08:15 PM
What we really need is downloadable horse armor.

obliviondoll
12-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by GrouchoUnleashe:
Preferably with only a cosmetic change?

(Yes, I DO know where that came from)

What we really need is a patch that makes R1 + X gallop.

You currently CAN'T gallop anywhere in free-roam, only in scripted sequences. You can CANTER, but not gallop.

The armoured horse is barely faster than running, and the fast horses still aren't a huge amount better, especially when compared with the speed you could manage in the previous games.

evilkitten28
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GrouchoUnleashe:
Preferably with only a cosmetic change?

(Yes, I DO know where that came from)

What we really need is a patch that makes R1 + X gallop.

You currently CAN'T gallop anywhere in free-roam, only in scripted sequences. You can CANTER, but not gallop.

The armoured horse is barely faster than running, and the fast horses still aren't a huge amount better, especially when compared with the speed you could manage in the previous games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

starting to wonder if I have a special version of ACB because I gallop in free-roam with no problem

in fact, I find it rather amusing to run over as many people as I can http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

obliviondoll
12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Just to clarify...

Do you "gallop" by holding the high profile button and nothing else?

If so, that's not galloping.

THAT's the problem.

risummm
12-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by evilkitten28:
starting to wonder if I have a special version of ACB because I gallop in free-roam with no problem

in fact, I find it rather amusing to run over as many people as I can http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

The Options in ACB:
Walk (Hold A (X on PS3)
Trot (Automatic Speed)
Canter (Hold RB (R1 on PS3)

Now, what is available in the two other console AC games, is this:

Gallop (Hold RB (R1 on PS3) and A (X on PS3).

This makes you run a lot faster, than you do in the Canter. It would be very useful, in the Antico District, as well as the Campagna District, where I travel a lot.
(NB. I travel a lot in Antico and Campagna, but the majority of my gaming happens in Centro).

scary_hairy
12-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Just a couple of things i would change about the horses,i like the idea of them bieng customizable but. But just for there to be some definate differences between them would be good, ok the ones in armour are a bit stronger but is there really that much diffference between them. And whats the deal with them being unable to jump downwards even if its only TINY like less than the hieght of ezio. But apart from that i do like the horses and the sound of them bieng incorporated into multiplayer

NuovoVita
12-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Wow you must really like horses http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif i like them i just do not use them as much as i could but i think this DLC would be great and i would download it for sure... Depending on the price

GodsRteHandMan
12-12-2010, 12:44 PM
They already said they wont do it. Sorry everybody. not gunna happen.

k0br4
12-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I love horses..

WhiteSheWolf
12-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by k0br4:
I love horses..

Me too...

TheRighteousOne
12-12-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not a particular fan of this idea but if they did implement it I'd suggest that they have this implemented at the stable instead of the tailor. Horses were common enough (not to mention you could whistle for one), that stables were completely useless. It would be nice if they actually had a real use.

BootBlade
12-13-2010, 12:32 AM
I don't see why people make such a fuss about the speed of horses. They go at a perfect speed. If we were to have horses that run as fast as Red Dead Redemption then riding through the city would be laggy, and hard to accomplish. I found the speed suitable to the conditions.

X10J
12-13-2010, 12:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evilkitten28:

The Options in ACB:
Walk (Hold A (X on PS3)
Trot (Automatic Speed)
Canter (Hold RT (R1 on PS3)

Now, what is available in the two other console AC games, is this:

Gallop (Hold RT (R1 on PS3) and A (X on PS3).

This makes you run a lot faster, than you do in the Canter. It would be very useful, in the Antico District, as well as the Campagna District, where I travel a lot.
(NB. I travel a lot in Antico and Campagna, but the majority of my gaming happens in Centro). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

conqaz16
12-13-2010, 01:50 AM
i really like this idea it would be awesome if ubisoft made this dlc

X10J
12-13-2010, 03:18 AM
Horses are important in the great city of Rome. There is no denying it; were there no horses in Rome, Rome wouldn't be the same.

As some mission requires the use of horses, horses should be as customizable as ones Assassin's Guild. Every Assassin should be able to pick his or her own horse – treat it well, and it will ride well. Treat it bad – don't.

With this new DLC pack, multiple new features would be made available both for Singleplayer as well as Multiplayer.

For singleplayer, it would include the following:

Customizable Horses
New Horseback Racing Missions
Horse riding Tutorials
Ride-by Shops
Horse Leveling System

Customizing Horses would be simple, yet not. When visiting a tailor, you would be able to buy items for your horse. Items, such as pouches in which you could carry a throw-able lance or trident, a sword which you only use while riding, or extra crossbow ammunition.

You would also be able to buy different blankets as seen on some of the traveler-guards. New colors would be added though, as well as special colors only available once the corresponding assignment had been made (e.g. renovate all of Rome, to unlock the Auditore Blanket). Red, Black, Blue, Green and White, would also be available colors – all the colors which would match any armor dye.

Of course, War Horses should not be neglected. Buy the armor which you want to use for the horse by the blacksmith; Roman, Rondelle, Plate, Seusenhofer, Brutus armor should be available. Also, along with the Altaïr Armor, Altaïr Robes and Helmschmied Drachen Armor, you would be able to buy armor corresponding to that.

About Ride-by Shopping. I often ride by a shop just to fill up on Bullets, or to buy myself a pack of Medicine – but that I have to go through the effort of descending from my horse, talking to the shop manager and what not, is just too much. Why not just ride past the shop, click on RB (R1 on PS3), and get everything you need filled up instantly, ready to go again?

Of course, regular shopping should also be possible. Just click on X (Square on PS3) while on your horse, and you will be brought to the normal shopping screen.

Now.. Leveling? Oh yes, leveling. My Assassin Comrades have the most hardcore gear available, but have to do with mere peasant-like horses? No can do! I want to be able to go through different Horse Missions, which would allow me to learn different techniques, such as the Horse-To-Beam technique, as well as the ability to Gallop, and thereby unlock the best-of-the-best for my fellow assassini. The missions would progress from easy through difficult, to be sure that everything will be learned – everything from walking casually, to galloping through the streets, jumping from horseback to horseback, up to a beam, and assassinate your target from behind – and be able to jump down on your horse, and flee the scene.

Horses would also assist you in killing guards, by kicking them in the face.

Horses would of course require maintaining, to be sure they won't disband you, won't ride with other guards etc. An apple a day, makes sure the horse won't run away. You would also be able to buy crème de la crème horses, for your topnotch assassins.

My plan for Multiplayer:

Racing Mode.

It's as simple as that. A racing mode.

No, who am I kidding, it would me way more than just “a racing mode”. Different kinds of racing would be made; Chasing, Catch The Flag, Speed Trials, Checkpoints and much more – with and without horses.
Now, I will not go into a lot of detail about how the different playmodes would work. They would work as they normally do; Chasing would be a normal chase as seen in “Wanted”, Catch the Flag would be taking the other teams' flag, before they take yours, Speed Trials would mean you must reach point X, faster than all else and Checkpoints would make you reach different checkpoints scattered round and about the maps.

Of course, a racing mode wouldn't be possible if maps weren't made to support them. So as much trouble as it would be; 4-5 Racing Maps should be made. Of course, the Racing Maps will be meant for horseback racing only, as people without a horse, is often more maneuverable, than if they were to have a horse.

And that concludes my Horse Pack DLC idea for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I hoped you enjoyed reading the idea, as much as I'd enjoy using it.

Hmmm...yes... I like it.

tyrce111
12-13-2010, 07:12 AM
I feel so stupid...
I had read the intake user manual and eery thing, yet, my idea of trying to mount a horse was to free run and try to land on the horse...
But I accidenty figured out that it is the same as tackle but with a horse...

k0br4
12-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Speaking of horses, can anyone tell me how the hell you jump down onto a horse? I saw a tooltip once saying something about locking on to it but have no idea how?? I might be stupid, sorry.

rb2610
12-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
I feel so stupid...
I had read the intake user manual and eery thing, yet, my idea of trying to mount a horse was to free run and try to land on the horse...
But I accidenty figured out that it is the same as tackle but with a horse...

To be fair on ACI/II you did just run into horses to mount them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was Oblivion's Horse Armour DLC xD

risummm
12-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by k0br4:
Speaking of horses, can anyone tell me how the hell you jump down onto a horse? I saw a tooltip once saying something about locking on to it but have no idea how?? I might be stupid, sorry.

From a building? It needs to be a specific height. If it's over that height, it will not be possible.
I do what I always do, when I need to get down from buildings fast - I tackle. RB (R1 on PS3) + B (O on PS3), and I'll just fly down from the building and land on the horse.
Yet another thing to add to the Horse Missions!

Ezio9001
12-13-2010, 02:25 PM
I read this whole idea, and I enjoy it. I would love this so much. But I can't really buy DLC, but for this, I bet I would be able to. >:3

It sounds really awesome, too. It could replace how there were barely any races in ACB like there were in AC2. The reason I really like this idea, is because one of the side missions I've done, you had to get on a horse, and go kill all of the Cento Occhi that train on horseback, and you had to chase the last one for a good few minutes, and I enjoyed it so much, sadly, that was one of the only horse related missions.

ubercool777
12-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Horsey!!!! Sorry. It had to be done.
Personally I don't like maxed out horsies, you know, the guard ones that are fully armored and have a red cloak. Those horsies are SO SLOW!!!
The multiplayer is a basic thing like Wanted, so racing I think wouldn't fit in. Cool idea though. Let's see some horses in Wanted or Manhunt!
Those maxed out horsies are really slow. I like a lean, white one. Mmm. Lean meat. I like dark meat though, white meat's so dry...http://i51.tinypic.com/30hwopy.png
----
All men dream, but not equally. The dreamers of the night dream in the musty recesses of their mind, and awaken to find it was only vanity. The dreamers of the day are dangerous people, for they may act their dream with open eyes.
This I did.

samrocks817
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
how do you activate it?