PDA

View Full Version : Rewarded with a cup of tea after 30 kills!!!!

Jagermeister-JG
10-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Started the campaign with Japanese fighter KI-43.

The plane catches fire quickly and there is no parachute!

Getting used to this I managed to get 30 kills, and I was rewarded
with a cup of tea and a field bottle!

A cup of tea after all the hard fighting!

I guess it must have been a honour to fly for the emperor.

csThor
10-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Well in fact there were no awards for japanese pilots until late 1944. Bravery in combat was nothing extraordinary but was merely expected from a warrior. Only when the course of war began to affect morale, Emperor Hirohito donated the Bukosho in two classes. Before extraordinary achievements were honored through a written acknowledgement which was read out in front of the unit. Higher Officers could get the Kinshi Kunsho (Order of the Golden Dragon) but that one was very very rare.
I don't know if the IJN used a different set of medals, but when taking the rivalry between IJAAF and IJN into account it wouldn't be surprising.

Chuck_Older
10-22-2004, 10:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by csThor:
Well in fact there were no awards for japanese pilots until late 1944. Bravery in combat was nothing extraordinary but was merely expected from a warrior. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty is heavier than a mountain"

horseback
10-22-2004, 10:58 AM
...and a decent cup of tea rarer than gold...

cheers

horseback

weasel75
10-22-2004, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jagermeister-JG:
Getting used to this I managed to get 30 kills, and I was rewarded
with a cup of tea and a field bottle!

A cup of tea after all the hard fighting! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I read somewhere, that allied pilots were rewarded with a piece of metal to wear on their uniform.
I dont get it.
1.) It makes uniform heavier.
2.) It looks like girlish emblazonment.
3.) It has absolutely no use in daily combat.

But still, rumors are, that some guys were proud of that piece of scrap http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

So, who did you drink tea with? A complete ceremony?

S! - W75

BTW: What would you like to receive to be of value (compensating for putting your life at risk 30+ times)? Virgins? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Lunix
10-22-2004, 12:31 PM
As I understand it it was not the cup of tea per say. The practice of the tea ceremony is a very signifigant ceremony to the Japanese. I wonder how many cups of tea were served?

BuzzU
10-22-2004, 01:00 PM
No chutes?? The pilots must have loved that.

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-22-2004, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weasel75:
BTW: What would you like to receive to be of value (compensating for putting your life at risk 30+ times)? Virgins? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes...yes I would. That's some motivation to a 20 year old that has to spend most of his time with other 20 year old men/boys for months at a time. Virgins would work just fine thank you.

weasel75
10-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Read, that this no-parachute-feature was a doctrine in the beginning (at least).

But it is not specific to that aircraft. In FMB one can set which aircraft has parachute (or not).
AI-effectivness seems to be uneffected though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Alec_George
10-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Daiichi Kamikaze Ohka Special Attack Force Shinrai-butai (divine thunder) Ohka-tai (cherry blossom)
Born in Kumamoto Prefecture,
Graduated from Kansai University
Died in the sea south of Kyusyu in March 21st, 1945/ 23 years old
€€

The Will At my sortie,

Leaving my sweet town and dear people all behind,

Now I am to

Go to rescue my country

From its national crisis.

I try to live for the eternal cause, and

Now I begin my attack here.

My spirit will return to my country,

And even though my body will die like cherry blossoms,

I will become a demon god to defend my country forever.

Good bye,

I am a glorious mountain cherry blossom.

I will bloom again in the land my mother waits.

Navy Lieutenant Junior Grade Jou Ogata