PDA

View Full Version : Was worth the money / wait ?

saturnstarzz
04-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Me personally say no as campaign was way to short and story line jumped all over the place as did the ending.

They could have at least tied the start of conviction to one of the endings of DA.

To me it wasn't splinter cell it was more like metal gear solid meets CoD. Saying that though I did enjoy it .

darkzero7
04-29-2010, 10:13 PM
I personally loved it, played thru the main story in about 7hrs, and i liked the plot. Although I didn't quite finish DA. and I know that some of the plot may also stem from the book series, since his daughter was killed in a novel, before DA.

Also, the co-op story was decent, and the multiplay has proven to be fun, along with deniable ops.

Cowboy_6686
04-29-2010, 10:24 PM
I think Im more impressed with conviction then I was with DA... DA wasnt the best in my opinion.. just wasnt my kinda story line, I liked Sam 1-3 because it was based off of what we all grew to enjoy... but as of #4 I didnt like how we ended up in some stupid building trying to "Sneak" around gaining trust.. wth.. lol, Conviction... straight to the point... Steath... like same should be and a bit of shootem up when you cant get a tatic to get outta the hairy situation... me.. Personally... Im enjoying it lol

Sn1p3r87
04-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Hard to say for me. Gameplay wise the game is fun, but it's too trial and error. Havm't had a chance to try out Multiplayer yet. Technical issues aside i give the game a 7.0/10

ottoprien
04-30-2010, 04:20 AM
i dont really follow the entire story of the series in depth, but i have played all of them to date. it feels like i am near the end of SC Convictions story, after only getting it yestarday via pre-order.

so although i agree it is seeming to be a short game in length, but so far, it has been brilliant to play imo. it is a mix of the Spinter cells of old, with a bit of hitman47 thrown in. overall, very pleased it is working pretty smoothly, although i had some issues sorting out my sound. i'd say 9/10 .

darnokz
04-30-2010, 06:44 AM
First of all I dont know why some people say you can play this game like generic shooter, I tried it but its not that easy... on hardest difficulty you die after 1 shot from close distance o.O .This games is built to be played stealth with some action-stealth elements like BOOM FLASHBANG go meele that guy and then use mark execute on guys which you targeted before.

I love it, I love that its like some kind of action movie, Ubisoft games were trying to be really like some good movies recently and I love Ubisoft for doing that and now I cannot wait for far cry 3 because far cry 2 had like no plot and I didnt like it very much but after seeing how ubisoft games transformed into some kind of hollywood movies cutscenes/plot etc im sold. Death animations are really good in conviction so I hope for best in Far cry 3. I played for about 7 hours and I still didnt finish it but probably 30 minutes left to the end ( On realistic mode).

The only thing that is annoying to me is when you run and flashbang hits you from nowhere and that super duper soldiers attack you , what im gonna do ? On realisitc they kill me in 1 shoot I havent tried again because I had to exit game and leave my house but It will be probably hard...

James-24
04-30-2010, 07:48 AM
For me, DEFINITELY!
I'm loving it. Every aspect of it.
I'm liking the story so far, fluid feel of the same, the excellent soundtrack, the fact the DRM hasn't caused any problems for me and also the fact I'm still able to use stealth a lot.

Most gameplay footage I've seen is of people running and gunning it, and I've been generally taking it slow and being stealthy as possible and then pull out a gun or get a bit more aggressive if the situation calls for it.

It's sad to hear lots of people are having problems with it, and I hope they all get sorted soon because its a truly awesome game when it works well.

Multimaster88
04-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by arathad:
First of all I dont know why some people say you can play this game like generic shooter, I tried it but its not that easy... on hardest difficulty you die after 1 shot from close distance o.O .This games is built to be played stealth with some action-stealth elements like BOOM FLASHBANG go meele that guy and then use mark execute on guys which you targeted before.

Because you can play it like a generic shooter if u want and know what ur doing. You have to know the controls really well fluid dynamics of the gunfights. And yes i can run through all the levels on realistic while running and gunning. Not spray and run but tactically with speed it can easily be done, for exams you can clear a room of 8 guys in 5 seconds on realistic. .............. Run in emp boom, all dazed, smack 2, flashbang out, grab a 3rd, mark 4 execute done. ...... you can basically do this for everything on the entire campaign and refill boxes for emp nades, flashbangs and backpack emps are at every checkpoint.

It can be done, by someone bad no but by someone who knows what hes doing yes.

I dont like to play like this but its easy to do. Ive done the campaign like this and using stealth/ half shooting. And even done some levels skipping everyone not even smacking.

The super duper soldiers is the same thing. They only see u when u hear the goggle noise move to a knew spot they dont see u, smack one mark the other 2 done. Flashbang them, emp them, emp nade them, sticky cam, music run and grab mark dead.

darnokz
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Multimaster88:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arathad:

Because you can play it like a generic shooter if u want and know what ur doing. You have to know the controls really well fluid dynamics of the gunfights. And yes i can run through all the levels on realistic while running and gunning. Not spray and run but tactically with speed it can easily be done, for exams you can clear a room of 8 guys in 5 seconds on realistic. .............. Run in emp boom, all dazed, smack 2, flashbang out, grab a 3rd, mark 4 execute done. ...... you can basically do this for everything on the entire campaign and refill boxes for emp nades, flashbangs and backpack emps are at every checkpoint.

It can be done, by someone bad no but by someone who knows what hes doing yes.

I dont like to play like this but its easy to do. Ive done the campaign like this and using stealth/ half shooting. And even done some levels skipping everyone not even smacking.

The super duper soldiers is the same thing. They only see u when u hear the goggle noise move to a knew spot they dont see u, smack one mark the other 2 done. Flashbang them, emp them, emp nade them, sticky cam, music run and grab mark dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know im playing it on gamepad ( Like its supposed to be played) and you cant do that with gamepad if you are PC gamer like me... Im very skilled at FPS games online but with gamepad im playing like I have only 1 hand

But honestly im getting better with my gamepad :O and at least I can head shot someone...

jason95821
04-30-2010, 06:30 PM
wait

no way in hell this game is worth 60 dollars ubi soft fails again

YurikArkady
04-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Definitely worth $60.