PDA

View Full Version : No Music After End Game?

BrokenToast
12-02-2011, 05:07 PM
I recently beat the game (ACR) and have come to find that when I explore the streets of Constantinople, I hear absolutely none of the awesome music that was once in the background. Anyone else have this issue? Is it just how the game was made?

twenty_glyphs
12-02-2011, 07:50 PM
It's an extremely common bug. I have it, and many other people do as well, though it doesn't seem that everybody has the issue. I doubt it was by design, since no other AC game has ever done this. I have logged a bug with Ubisoft Support, told UbiGabe about it on Twitter, and seen someone comment and get a response about reporting it to the devs with Ubisoft Support's Facebook page.

Sarari
12-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Even when I get into combat, the music doesn't kick in!! D:

It makes me soo mad! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Turinrp
12-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Same here, but after a while... the bug just happened to me a moment ago, and I had finished my AC story two weeks ago.

There is a temp fix, replay a memory, and when the background music starts return to the game, and that music will be playing, and change even on battles, but you have to do it every time you load your save game.

kriegerdesgottes
12-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I usually just replay a mission from sequence 9 or the ridiculously placed extended trailer "mission". I like watching the end of the game over and over anyway.

Sarari
12-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Well, songs stopped playing for me. The only song that ever comes on and bugs me is a very creepy one that doesn't suit Turkey. I think it's the song from Capadoccia.

twenty_glyphs
12-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Replaying certain memories gets the music back, but it's always just the same track over and over. Seems that replaying a memory that starts where you have to walk up to a memory marker to trigger it gets music playing, but not replaying something like a secret location level where you already start with a memory intro screen and can't free-roam. Then that music will play even if you exit to Animus Island, where it really sounds out of place.

This still isn't an acceptable solution, because the music volume is way too low. The crazy thing is that all the cutscene music by Lorne Balfe sounds just the right volume, but my favorite in-game music by Jesper Kyd is always too soft. Adjusting the other sound effects and voice volume sliders don't seem to help much to make the music audible, and when you get music playing using this technique the music volume slider doesn't work. Setting it to 0 mutes the music, but 1-10 are all the same volume. But the music volume slider will work while in a memory like a secret location.

I'm also wondering how the music is supposed to play in Constantinople after the story is over. There are 4 or 5 songs on the soundtrack by Jesper Kyd that are named for different names of the city Constantinople. It seems that throughout the game, different tracks from this group of songs play in different sequences in free roam so the music changes as the game goes along. This actually may be the source of the bug, since they may not have properly accounted for what would play after the story, or the game just gets confused and eventually gives up on playing music. In AC2 the same song loops in each city (though Venice may have two different songs that cycle between themselves). This was fine because each city had unique music and there were lots of locations to visit. Brotherhood had a good system of switching between 4 different tracks depending on what part of the city you were in city, countryside, ruins, or the area west of the Tiber River. If only one track is meant to play over and over in Constantinople, that gets boring really fast.

Turinrp
12-03-2011, 01:38 PM
I think this glitch is activated when you replay a memory for the first time.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I never noticed until I read this thread... But I didn't have any music throughout the entire game when I played.

Sarari
12-03-2011, 11:25 PM
lol wow. Dude that takes out a big chunk of feeling to the game.

My music finally came back on. Right after I beat the Hagia Sofia mission.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah,... that might be part of the reason why the game had so little appeal for me....

twenty_glyphs
12-03-2011, 11:53 PM
So I started a new game and played for about an hour to see what would happen to the music in Constantinople after replaying a memory from a sequence outside of Constantinople. I got through Sequence 2, Memory 3 finished and then went back to replay Sequence 1, Memory 2 in Masyaf. I exited that memory and came back to Constantinople. The same music was playing there as when I had gone into the replay menu, so I'm not sure how much it's related to replaying a memory, unless it's only when you finish a memory. I know that the first time I beat the game the first thing I did was go replay the last memory of the story, and I finished it. I believe that was the first memory I had replayed during that playthrough. After that (though I'm not sure if it was immediate), my music was gone.

Doing my test tonight I did realize that when you return to Animus Island automatically after Sequence 1, the appropriate music (called "Animus Island" on the soundtrack) was playing. After trying to replay a memory and going back to Constantinople and then exiting to Animus Island, the Constantinople music was playing there instead of the correct music.

In general though, the in-game music is incredibly quiet and almost impossible to hear at times. This is universal and occurs from the start of the game. Whenever cut-scene score music kicks in, you can tell that music's volume is mixed just fine with the rest of the audio. But the music playing while you actually play is very quiet. Even turning down the volume of sound effects and voices can't get a good mix. Unbelievably, the music is still hard to hear over those other two things even when they are turned way down. This is just unacceptable and totally destroys the atmosphere of the game. I don't even know how you can blame this on a short deadline, because last year's game music was just fine. How do you not notice that you can barely hear music or that it stops playing after beating the game, even on a short deadline? Especially when you already have a framework in place for handing music from the last two games!

Turinrp
12-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
lol wow. Dude that takes out a big chunk of feeling to the game.

My music finally came back on. Right after I beat the Hagia Sofia mission.

Really? Did you try to replay a memory after that and see if the music goes away again?