PDA

View Full Version : Connection???

idahosniper
02-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Lately when I've been playing Il-2 FB on ubi.com, the connection symbol thing in the upper right hand corner of the screen will go yellow and then red. When that happens, everbodys planes(except for mine) start floating all over the map. When that happens the only thing to do seems to be to disconnect from the game. Nobody has ever said anything about it, so I don't know whether they notice it or not. I have a pretty fast internet connection, but my computer is only about the minimum system for FB. I have the orginal Il-2 and it works fine online. I really don't know what's going on here.

Wilburnator
02-15-2006, 04:13 PM
I have a pretty fast cable connection and normally everything is good with my ping. If I play to a VERY late hour of the night, I will often have this happen to me. I don't really have any idea why, other than I always made the assumption that my cable provider was waiting 'til the late hours when few people would be online to mess with their system.

Sometimes I can wait it out without reconnecting, but not typically.

ATLAS_DEATH
02-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Sounds like lag or the connection is getting screwy between you and the server... It seems the planes start doing flips or floating off in the direction they were headed before the connection took a dump.. happens in other games too.. sometimes you'll see everyone keep heading in the direction they were orignaly going and not turn.. then just sit there running at a wall... then two things may happen.. the connection gets better and everyone zips back to where they really are.. or you time out and drop from the server.