PDA

View Full Version : Dear Moderator RealJamboat

misterbizness
12-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Since you closed my topic again, I'll just have to paste what you said.

It was:
"I'm sure you can find plenty of sites and forums to encourage discussions about Scientology in depth - if that is your intention - but not here please, as discussions regarding religion are not entertained on Ubisoft forums."

This is a lazy response on your part. For one thing, if you had bothered to read over my posts, you would have seen I was not trying to elicit conversation on Scientology. I was saying I didn't care for the Scientology-ish elements of the Assassin's Creed series. It really wasn't that hard to decipher. It wasn't like it was a glyph puzzle or something. And I wasn't trying to kickstart the thread again, I was clarifying something and yes, being sarcastic, which you said "will not get you very far either". That's brilliant. I never see sarcasm on these forums. That's why I was doing it. I considered myself a pioneer.

Back to the point - Of course I can't help that one or two people started rambling about the "religion" of scientology. Which brings me to the last part of your response. Discussions of religion are not entertained huh? What about the multiple threads (I could link them, but I'm not wasting my time) I've seen where people have given their theories about the game using a multitude of information from either one religion, several or all. Religions were discussed in those threads. If it's not allowed, you better get busy closing more threads.

Sorry, but I had to respond to your comments. Later, Big John Studd. I'll leave you alone now. Go ahead and close this topic too after you read it. Thank you.

I still think this all stems from me making a joke about that wacky couch-jumping weirdo.

caswallawn_2k7
12-11-2009, 07:22 AM
if you want to contact a moderator you really should use a PM doing this just makes them more angry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Dragonfire126
12-11-2009, 07:44 AM
What is your problem? You made your point with the last thread, talk about Assassins's Creed...

thebutcherhead
12-11-2009, 08:43 AM
I kinda agree with him. When you make a game that makes a point about or even pertaining to religion in the slightest you have to expect some backlash. And seriously AC made several such points about religion and questioning faith. When a company uses freedom of speech to that degree in their own product, and doesn't allow their own customers to do the same on their forums, that just isn't fair.

If you here a beggar ranting on the street about nonsense, you don't walk up to them and tell them to shut up, you simply ignore them. Why should anything like that happen here?

Usually, I detest people who preach about religion online, and I do think most of the discussions here should be about video games and having fun, but to me this is just dissapointing. You reap what you sow, and statements made by a product should expect and welcome a response, not shut them up.

BTOG46
12-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Unfortunately, religion is one of the topics that invariably degenerate into flame war, and as such, it's one that's not really suitable for a general forum on a game publishers site.

Most threads on the subject, that stay within the forum rules, are left open, but are closely monitored.

@ misterbizness

It seems to me, your main point in making this thread after the closure of the other two, was simply to attack one of the AC moderators, something that is never a wise thing to do on a forum.

As caswallawn_2k7 has already pointed out, if you have any complaints about the moderation on any of the Ubisoft forums, you should do so in a Private Message to a Forum Manager, the forum is not the right place to do that.

Topic closed.