PDA

View Full Version : Best Channel for Trailer?

tjbyrum1
05-27-2011, 05:06 PM
What TV Channels usually play Game Trailers? Specifically for AC.

See, I can show my parents a game, tell them about it, but they will never really think much of it.

However, when they see it advertise on TV - they know it's a must.

Red Dead advertises "That looks like a pretty good game, you been wanting it?"

Fable 3 Advertises "That looks decent, want it?"

LA Noire Advertises "I think you mentioned that game... want it?"

It goes on and on, they don't think much of it unless they see a trailer on TV - I guess cause they're focused in on it and pay it more attention.

So what channels does it come on? I don't expect to turn it to on they don't watch simply to show them, just wondering because they might already watch those channels.

Sounds stupid, I know.

IIwangcarsII
05-27-2011, 05:08 PM
I hardly ever see an assassins creed trailer on the tv. But that might be becuase I live in England...

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 06:29 PM
In spain you could see AcB trailer at "cuatrO"...

Why don't you work like a man to get your money? I suppose you're 18+ cuz this game doesn't allow kids to play it :X

IIwangcarsII
05-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
In spain you could see AcB trailer at "cuatrO"...

Why don't you work like a man to get your money? I suppose you're 18+ cuz this game doesn't allow kids to play it :X

Actually the game is a 15 in England.

tjbyrum1
05-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I am NOT 18+ years old, and I don't have a car so I have no way to work - if I had one that is.

My parents don't work either, and they get money from checks and disability, both are retired (in their freaking 30's...). Both are high-school dropouts, if that means anything.

I don't like to ask for things from them either, like money, or games, or anything really. They only buy me things they THINK I will like, hence watching the Game Trailers on TV.

Most of my games come from the Flea Market. Most are usually a few months older than their original release. The only game I bought at $60, on release day, was Brotherhood, which I bought with my OWN money.

In fact, AC II, Red Dead, Brotherhood, and AC I are all games of which are owned by me, bought with my money and whatnot.

Games such as Gears of War, Call of Duty, GTA, etc, are all games that my dad bought without me asking.

TL;DR: I am poor, no one has any jobs in my house. I don't ask for things, I generally DO buy my own games.

tjbyrum1
05-27-2011, 08:05 PM
PANZERLOL!

As if things couldn't have been better! My dad was looking on the internet for games to resell at the Flea Market on GameStop. He ran across MW3, and AC Revelations.

He asked to see a trailer for MW3 (he thinks 'that's what all the cool kids play') and I showed him. A minute later and I was watching AC R trailer (the short one) with him behind me.

"That looks pretty good, might have to get you that."

HAH! I knew it would have worked. Although, I would prefer buying it with my own money.

Still though, I always like my parents knowing what I play.

xsatanicjokerx
05-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Did you ever try "Hey Dad! come look at this cool game trailer on youtube".
BTW those parents of yours sound like real winners.