PDA

View Full Version : Joystick Input Delay in 4.02?

Advina
11-19-2005, 03:12 PM
I just came back to PF after a few month hiatus. I just installed 4.02 and am having input problems. I am using a MSFF2 as my pitch/roll axis. I have a saitek X45 as my throttle and as a button bay. I also have CH Pedals installed (all inputs are USB). When I press any buttons on my X45 throttle or move my throttle there is a one to two second delay before I get any response (i.e. move throttle and throttle change does not immediately register). No such problem when pressing buttons on FF2. I have no filtering on any of my inputs. Anybody have any ideas?

PS: Sorry if this has already been covered. The search function is not working.

|CoB|_Spectre
11-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I've never experienced it, nor do I recall seeing any posts on it, but I'm sure I don't read many things in these forums. I have on occasion seen a delay in pickling-off bombs or rockets when flying online, but I chalk that up to computer synchronization issues over the internet. It doesn't happen often and I don't recall it happening at all since 4.02m update. Perhaps there is a saitek forum you could query to see if anyone else has experienced it. For CH Products, I recommend http://www.ch-hanger.com for helpful info. You might also try posting this in this site's Technical (Community) Help forum. Good luck.

Advina
11-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the input. It is not just limited to online play... it happens all the time. I suppose I could ask Saitek, but this never happened until 4.02m. Perhaps I am just unlucky.

Tully__
11-19-2005, 09:58 PM
It happens from time to time with controllers of various brands. It will turn out to be:

- a corrupted driver installation, requires un-install/re-install of the affected controller; OR
- a motherboard usb controller driver problem, requires re-install/update of m/board chipset drivers; OR
- a m/board chipset problem, requires a PCI USB expansion card to overcome.

Please post your dxdiag report in the Community Help forum and also post your computer specs including make/model and driver versions of m/board and controller at Saitek forums. Between the two you'll get effective help.

Advina
11-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Thanks Tully... Will try driver re-installs and post specs/dxdiag if that doesn't work

Advina
11-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Yup, re-installl of X45 drivers fixed it right up. Thanks!