PDA

View Full Version : Fighting tips for the end

Piega
12-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Hello there,

I'm having a major problem finishing the final end. I'm against the 9 Al Mualim but this is hard and I find it anticlimatic to my experience.

I swear bad words at the Templars and Robert. Why must I stab him in the neck two times?

Why does my defence get broken and is my butt kicked all around?

Can you guys give me some tips what to do. I attack (page down) defence and attack (page up followed by page down) I can prevent being grabbed with shift and I can counter attack. I'm not good at dodging as I'm too excited in the fight.

Now I've read counter attack with stabbing in the neck but when I press 2 to select it it all go's to slow and I get kicked and thus my healthbar will be almost empty.

I enjoyed the city's, the stealth, climbing the cathedral in Acre, look for flags, the graphics but all this repetitive fighting at the end is so anticlimatic I'm so dissapointed.

Vendetta_Z
12-14-2008, 08:22 AM
/Counterkill.

Piega
12-14-2008, 08:24 AM
A button combination would be welcome on how to do that.

caswallawn_2k7
12-14-2008, 08:25 AM
use a normal sword. hold defend then when some1 goes to hit you press attack while holding defend.

Piega
12-14-2008, 09:28 AM
I finished it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Strange I thought I had to fight 9 Mualims but they all dissapeared when I got one. What a good game, not great but good, mainly because of the rerun missions. Story is ok, let's see for the sequals. Now playing with the PC. Useless I know but ok, it is how it is.

brr055
12-15-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm in the same boat. I use the counterkill all the time, but it's never a counterkill; it just knocks them down.

Once he's down, the lock changes and I can't cycle back to the downed guy before he gets up.

It just seems odd that 90% of the time in the game you get a kill; in the last fight with Robert and his minions, 90% of the time you get a knockdown.

This is very frustrating! :-)

Vendetta_Z
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Run around in circles when you're low in sync.

kristian413
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
dont just swing at everyone wait for them to attack you and then counter attack
you have to play smart and keep a eye on what every guard is doing

brr055
12-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the replies...one other thing is maintaining the lock on opponents. I never really had an issue with this during the game, as I never had to take on 9 badasses at once. But, it seems that after I counter someone and knock them down, I immediately lose the lock and he starts after someone else, and I can't even direct him back to the guy I knocked down, who's up at this point anyway.

I've been flailing away at this for a day now, and I'm about ready to throw in the towel; ie buy PONG for the PS3.

kristian413
12-17-2008, 07:47 AM
you just have to be patitent and wait for him to attak again

lilkanyon
12-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Some people have gotten very good with hidden blading knockdowns, personally, I am not with many opponents. The reason you're getting knockdowns instead of kills, is because of the skill of the guards at the end..they are better then an easy kill. But yes, be patient and the kills do come. Use defense breaks on them, and if they defense break you, make sure to dodge, and always counter as often as you can. Keep in mind that if they are directly behind you, you can't always counter and they really hurt, so try not to get too surrounded.

P.S. You were lucky in hitting the 'real' Al Mualim early..I've gone through the whole batch before getting him.