PDA

View Full Version : ending a mission

trident_107
07-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Can anyone tell me how to end a mission. Ive recently purched silent hunter 3 and have complted the orders returned to base and docked my boat and nothing happens, what am I susposed to do next? also on alot of the single missions the torpedoes dont reload,

Typhoon941
07-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Just press "escape" and the option to dock at whatever port you are in should be on the screen. Click this option and you should see the patrol summary and be able to get back in the office and start a new patrol. You don't need to actually sail your u-boat right into port, if you are within a certain distance of your home port (not sure what that is exactly) pressing escape will still give you the option to dock and you get the renown.

Bullitt_TDI
07-19-2007, 09:19 AM
torp reload:

make sure you are not in silent running. if you are the crew won't reload. you could also have auto reload option checked off. hit i key to check.

to complete a mission, you need to patrol your grid for 24 hours. this is regardless if you sunk 70k tons of shipping.

when you get within 25km of your home port/base. hit esc key. dock at your port. there you go.

oh yeah. it's really good idea to actually read the FAQs and manual. and search/find is your friend.

edward5000
07-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Something doesn't seem right here, when I'm done with my objective, and ready to go back to port I can easily click esc, and then click on return to port. I can finish the mission and get my renown. I don't have to be 25K from port.

Is this screwing anything up by doing it this way?

I just sometimes don't feel like driving all the way to port.

Foehammer-1
07-19-2007, 06:17 PM
If you "Return to Base" from the middle of the ocean, you will lose 100 renown points. Which you get if you "Dock at ... ". If you play 100% realism, it is mandatory to end patrols back in dock (can be tedious to sail a IIA back from Scapa, or IX/D2 from the Caribbean).

Usually though, if you do not play 100 real, it is much easier to just hit return to base and start a new patrol. That tiny renown loss is nothing when you rake in 2,000+ per patrol.

I myself only returned to base about 3 or 4 times in 5 careers, just to make a resulting patrol report "complete"

AtlantikEel
07-19-2007, 06:44 PM
I've never hit "escape" before reaching port...
I like the satisfaction of sailing in safely; especially after having seen those other returning u-boats when I first set sail, and wondering if I would return.

That's another nice thing about GWX 1.03 .....
you can almost feel what the real crews were probably feeling as they departed.