PDA

View Full Version : Memory Strands... What's the point?

avsrule247
12-03-2007, 06:29 PM
What the hell are the points of memory strands if you cannot start reload your memory at a specific strand?

For those that are not familiar with memory strands, there are about 8 of them for each district in the game. The memory strands tell you what you have completed in that district (ex investigations, save people, assassination.) Now other then that information, what the hell is the point of the memory strands? I wish it would allow you to reload at a specific point of a memory block, like after you finish the investigations but not the assassination.

The replay value in this game blows big time. So much for Jade's idea of playing the game again. You can't even save if you are just replaying memory blocks, you have to start a new game! That means you lose all of your flags, templars etc. And it also means sitting through the boring *** dialogs and tutorial and riding through the kingdom.

I will make one of these threads every week talking about how much the replay value blows until Ubi works some patch magic and lets us continue from a memory strand, rather then a memory block.

DeAdLy2323
12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
and thats how you will get banned.... and replay, while it could be better, doesn't suck. it might not be how you want it but it might be perfect/better for other people. the memory strands are your objectives completed for that current assassination, that is all. don't know what your so pissed about, i started the game over again and am having more fun then the first (other then the first time putting in the disc)

avsrule247
12-03-2007, 06:36 PM
That's how I get banned? What are you talking about, I am not breaking any rules. I am complaining, and as a paying customer, I am allowed to do that.

And if you can't figure out what I am pissed about, then perhaps you should read the post again. THE REPLAY VALUE BLOWS

DeAdLy2323
12-03-2007, 06:47 PM
maybe to you, but what will get you banned is making the same thread over and over again each week because you don't like a certain feature of the game. you are what i call an ***

avsrule247
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
And you are what I call an idiot. I never said I was going to duplicate this thread every week.

cooldude6681
12-03-2007, 06:54 PM
You don't have to break any rules to be banned. Remember, this forum is owned by a private company. Not the government. Community managers can choose to ban someone simply because they don't like them, regardless if the user has broken any rules or not. They don't normally do that, though.

I will make one of these threads every week...until Ubi works some patch magic... could be considered harassment. That's more than enough reason for Ubisoft to not allow you to continue posting here.

avsrule247
12-03-2007, 06:58 PM
My goodness people this thread is not about me getting banned or who owns this forum. And cooldude, that was sarcasm. I can't believe that you people are such nerds. "Omg your gonna get banned lol" Yeah so what? If I get banned on the internet it is not the end of the world.

Now can we please get back on topic and agree that this game's replay value blows?

DeAdLy2323
12-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by cooldude6681:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will make one of these threads every week...until Ubi works some patch magic... could be considered harassment. That's more than enough reason for Ubisoft to not allow you to continue posting here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>thats sorta what i was getting at

fulukai
12-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Its plainly obvious that the replay in AC totally sucks. Anyone who believes otherwise has been drinking too much AC coolade. There better be a patch that fixes the completely ludicrous and absolutely broken replay/save features. No game comes close to making it such a freaking pain to replay a particular part.

avsrule247
12-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will make one of these threads every week...until Ubi works some patch magic... could be considered harassment. That's more than enough reason for Ubisoft to not allow you to continue posting here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>thats sorta what i was getting at </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were not getting at anything. Don't lie.

avsrule247
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by fulukai:
Its plainly obvious that the replay in AC totally sucks. Anyone who believes otherwise has been drinking too much AC coolade. There better be a patch that fixes the completely ludicrous and absolutely broken replay/save features. No game comes close to making it such a freaking pain to replay a particular part.

Thank you for finally getting on topic. I hope from now on we can stay like that and discuss or just agree with the fact that this game is very annoying to replay.

Kimoze
12-04-2007, 01:46 AM
guys this is getting out of hand, my 2 cents on this is that yes i think it's ******ed the way that ubisoft managed the replay features in this game ( this is coming from an assassin's creed freak here, i've been playing the game non-stop since i got it ) but personally i dont like the fact that you have to delete your saved game in-order to start a new one, or that you cant redo a memory from a specific point, other than that this game kicks ***