PDA

View Full Version : Altair in acr

donngold
09-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Havent seen anyone say anything about this so...
am i the only one who noticed that altairs outfit is different. The most noticeable for me was those grey lines on the sleeves. They were much smaller in ac1, secondly why no shortblade??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
And im not sure but i think they changed the hidden blade vambrace and the color of his gloves. Overall ill live just wanted to know if anybody had noticed

rileypoole1234
09-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes I noticed as well. His robes seem longer and almost seem to stretch when he climbs. I like it though. I always thought the AC1 outfit was just a little too bland. It looks cleaner now and I like it overall.

donngold
09-19-2011, 08:40 PM
I like it too i just dont see why they would change it like that. Idk maybe there is a story related reason maybe not guess we'll find out. My only real complaint is that he still doesn't have that sexy *** silver short blade from ac1

itsamea-mario
09-20-2011, 12:48 AM
It first seem as well textured as in AC1.

SleezeRocker
09-20-2011, 12:59 AM
I don't know if this is crazy but...
to me Altair looks skinnier...like the apirarion of altair when Ezio is being badAss(assin) in the E3 trailer O_o?

blazefp
09-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by donngold:
am i the only one who noticed that altairs outfit is different. The most noticeable for me was those grey lines on the sleeves. They were much smaller in ac1, secondly why no shortblade??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
And im not sure but i think they changed the hidden blade vambrace and the color of his gloves. Overall ill live just wanted to know if anybody had noticed

The short blade will be switched for the crossbow if I'm not wrong. I actually preferred the short blade, it made the game harder

EvolutionIXMR
09-20-2011, 07:41 AM
You guys do realize he is younger in AC:R right? You are going to be playing with Altair pre-AC1.

eagleforlife1
09-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by EvolutionIXMR:
You guys do realize he is younger in AC:R right? You are going to be playing with Altair pre-AC1.

You play as him as a teenager through until he's 92.

dxsxhxcx
09-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by donngold:

The short blade will be switched for the crossbow if I'm not wrong. I actually preferred the short blade, it made the game harder </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope you're wrong about this... I preferred the short blade too... :P

ps: in the AC1 CG trailer, Altair had his short blade on his belt... maybe they'll just change it to that place to also add the crossbow that was supposed to be in AC1 too.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

donngold
09-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Yea i hope not i like using the shortblade/throwing knives better

luckyto
09-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Short Blade FTW! I'm OK with them giving Altair a few new looks on dress. I've played AC1 enough times that a little variety on my favorite would be a blessing.

swiftkinfe
09-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Soooo we have the sheath for the short blade?But the crossbow goes there.And then the blade goes at the side like Ezio but it takes up half his back so it hangs close to the ground...Forget logic!

Why cant the shortblade still sit in the sheath AND put the crossbow? Doesn't seem hard.In some shape though please bring back the sexy knife please and bring it back for Ezio as well.

Stowdace
09-20-2011, 08:24 PM
With each Seal you uncover in Revelations, you are supposed to get a playable scene featuring an important event in Altair's life that is also relevant to the story. The first, if I remember correctly, has Altair when he's 17(?) and helps to save Masyaf from a Templar invasion(earlier one, not AC1). Al Mualim has been captured and you help to free him and fend the Templars off. You can also kill the Crusader skin from the multiplayer during this.

Altair lived a long, full life. So I expect to see changes in his appearance through his time-skips.