PDA

View Full Version : Simped Pedals - Non-existent Customer Service

NeilHicks
01-03-2006, 12:43 PM
A warning to anyone thinking of buying Simped pedals direct from the manufacturer!!

Sevearl people on various forums have asked if these devices are still available. The good news is 'yes they are'. The bad news is that they take forever to arrive.

The company quotes 'typically three days but may be up to three weeks'. After five weeks I gave up as they'd missed the Christmas deadline, and cancelled my order.

The worst of it though is that Hofmann (the German manufacturer) will just not answer any emails. I'd sent three which all went unanswered and that's the same story with everyone else that's posted forum threads.

So, if you don't mind a two to three month wait, go for it. If you, like me, think it's too long to wait, and you like to be able to find out what the hell is going on with your order, forget them. They really are the pits!

Maybe if more people give them a miss and let them know why, they may just improve their communictions! Good luck. I'm off to buy some CH pedals.

NeilHicks
01-03-2006, 12:43 PM
A warning to anyone thinking of buying Simped pedals direct from the manufacturer!!

Sevearl people on various forums have asked if these devices are still available. The good news is 'yes they are'. The bad news is that they take forever to arrive.

The company quotes 'typically three days but may be up to three weeks'. After five weeks I gave up as they'd missed the Christmas deadline, and cancelled my order.

The worst of it though is that Hofmann (the German manufacturer) will just not answer any emails. I'd sent three which all went unanswered and that's the same story with everyone else that's posted forum threads.

So, if you don't mind a two to three month wait, go for it. If you, like me, think it's too long to wait, and you like to be able to find out what the hell is going on with your order, forget them. They really are the pits!

Maybe if more people give them a miss and let them know why, they may just improve their communictions! Good luck. I'm off to buy some CH pedals.

BelaLvgosi
01-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Oh well, probably they are on vacation and when you made the order, there weren't any on stock.
When I ordered mine (vario/pro gameport for a cougar) the updates I had were in direct response in that thread in cougar forums. Fortunately they took only about 2 weeks to arrive (DE to PT) and some users were having them even faster.
It's a shame that such a quality product hasn't more support (still, it seems like every costumer with problems on units had them promptly solved), but given the quantities in which they are made and the number of people involved that can be very hard. Sorry to hear that you quit on your order, enjoy your CH's that will surely serve you as well.

RoughRaider1
08-02-2007, 03:48 PM
This post is a bit old but I know that Dieter Hoffman is a one man show not a large company with different departmants like you would expect from a company that makes the best rudder pedals in the world.
He has also been very ill and in and out of the hospital.
I just got my second set and yes after a bit of a wait for him to get well enough to start prodution again.
So if you don't mind a bit of a wait for a quality product then I'd say go for them. If you don't have patience, then get something else.
As the saying goes, good things come to those that wait.

bun-bun195333
08-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hear that Dieter has been sick. I've had a set of his pedals for five trouble-free years. He builds quality stuff.

csThor
08-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Dieter Hoffmann isn't "just very ill", in fact he's been fighting for his life against cancer for a while now. I guess that's explaining the lack of replies ...

Viper2005_
08-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Just find an online store that has them in stock and you'll get a set of pedals within days. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

For example...

http://www.rcsimulations.com/simpedf16.htm

GADGET_101ECV
08-03-2007, 05:15 AM
Sorry to say this but...

Hoffman might be fighting with a cancer at this very moment (I am really sorry and I hope a promp recovery) but the lack of a customer policy was missing since day one Simped productds were maketed. I would define the customer attention as impertinent and even bad manered.

I have been unlucky enought to be asigned to buy 5 Simpeds plus my own and:

1) I never got any confirmation of order for any of them.
2) Never got an estimate date of delivery for any of them.
3) Only got only a silgle e-mail because the money sent for first pedals was incorrect (the actually can write in English if they really want).

On the other hand, Simpeds are the best quality pedals for combat flight simming on the market, and also the most bang for the buck.

Hope we can have simpeds for a long time... and I also hope that Herr Hoffman could learn some education also.

Sorry to be so rude, but things were and still are this way.

Fenice_1965
08-03-2007, 12:46 PM
I agree. I have an old simped vario not compatible with cougar, so I ordered an adapter in January. Never had a response except the confirmation of the order.

leitmotiv
08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
$460.00 US for pedals (!!!) ---ridiculous. Preposterous, fabulously absurd.

Matz0r
08-04-2007, 06:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fenice_1965:
I agree. I have an old simped vario not compatible with cougar, so I ordered an adapter in January. Never had a response except the confirmation of the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got Vario? I managed to fix that myself:

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=46555

Fenice_1965
08-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Thank's Matz
Do you have first version of the varios ? s.n. 19999...... ????

p-11.cAce
08-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Cirrus pedals (http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pspages/cirrusUSBpedals.php) are $525 - the next best thing to simpeds...so it is hardly absurd. This is the next level of hardware for when you get bored with plastic fantastic cr@p.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/graphics/rudderSIM.jpg