PDA

View Full Version : quackstion... are we still getting the spitXIV???

RedDeth
03-06-2005, 06:24 PM
havent heard much recently about it

PBNA-Boosher
03-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Just you wait, Henry Higgins, just you wait!

LeadSpitter_
03-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Gibbage

Member since 31-Dec-02
1063 posts 28. "RE: PBY 5A Catalina Update!"
14-Feb-05, 10:44 AM (GMT)
In response to message #27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why can't Oleg give the whole community a date in which aircraft will no longer be included?
he did. oleg said that times for third party a/c for inclusion in PF definately are over. focus is now on BoB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is true to some extent. There are still projects that have a chance. Like the Spitfire XIV project and the Cw-21B. But no new projects for the IL2/PF should be started without Oleg's permission or your just waisting your time. There are still other projects going on like the Russian front add-on that will include the Pe-2 along with many other aircraft, so not all development is stopped. The truth is that Oleg is backlogged with MANY fine 3rd party models, and he does NOT have the funding and time to implament them all, let alone more. The Catalina was just too big of a project to be accepted at this time.

-------------------------

this is the last i heard of it on netwings.org, who knows they dont really let us know whats going on at all anymore, one of the things i miss. The NDA really ruined the community with seeing development and letting us know any progress of things happening.

darkhorizon11
03-06-2005, 10:33 PM
No one is sure. Oleg gave us that list about a three weeks ago although he said not all the planes are guaranteed and they MAY be a few more.

No one besides those on the inside really know since theres been a few more since that supposedly have been submitted or are waiting. I think the IK-3 and the Swordfish were completed and sent in recently but they didn't make the list. There's really no way of telling. The only one Spit I'm sure were not getting is the Mk.XXIV which Gibbage (or whoever is modeling it) said it won't be done in time. Sorry I can't give you a def. answer but then again the only people that can right now aren't talking. But then again were supposed to get it all at the end of march so keep your fingers crossed its only two weeks or so.

lbhskier37
03-06-2005, 10:33 PM
I think with the 3rd party stuff its more of trying not to get hopes up because even IC isn't quite sure what will be added. At least that's what I have gathered from Oleg's more recent posts on the topic. On the other hand, Spit XIV would be interesting, gives the Brits some real late war fun. Although my wish all along was for a Spit mkI or mkII, but I guess I can wait until BoB.