PDA

View Full Version : SH5 is not currently worth playing.

samharry
03-30-2010, 05:41 AM
I've been playing SH on the PC since SH1 back in '96 and can honestly say that SH5 is the worst edition of this game.
SH5 is prettier than previous incarnations - which is nice so long as you have the processing power to deal with it but unfortunately that is the only positive aspect of this game.
Whoever signed off on the concept that every order needs to be given in person to the officer in charge of the department needs their head examined. You can communicate with Berlin from the mid Atlantic with a couple of clicks of the mouse but giving an order from the conning tower to any other department on the sub is considerably more time consuming and difficult.
The AI ships don't appear to have been given charts as they all seem to want to run aground. Meanwhile AI planes are often quite happy to ignore you even if you're sitting in the surface firing torpedos and AP rounds into their ships.
The manual and tutorial are a complete waste of time and you're left to figure out how to do most things by either trial and error or looking on the internet.
Crew morale is an interesting development but has not been well implemented or thought through. If I wanted to spend time talking to people abouth their wives I'd be playing Sims.
Why you have to stay connected to an online server and synchronise your save files online is a complete mystery. Is my hard drive too unworthy for Ubi? Even with my 50mb connection I'm still off to make a coffee while the game considers whether to load or not.
If I was in Ubi's position I would seriously consider pulling this game until it has been reworked into something playable.

Eoweth
03-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks for ranting all the bugs that are A) gonna be fixed and B) already been fixed via mods. Very helpful. Thanks again.

Babalonkie
03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks sam.

I guess i will save my money and not bother with this one. Was a massive fan of the previous titles but something about this one seamed odd... and i have seen it before in other bad releases. Thanks again, its needed in this day and age to have true fans critic their love. It means its the most realistic review http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I will keep my $£ and not waste it, ty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dlelievreGT90
03-31-2010, 11:24 PM
I remember the captain whispering instructions to crew down the hatch of the coning tower in the movie. it was so simple.. in the movie..

In an attack situation the crew in command room is'nt watching their stocks on their crapberry, they are all ears waiting for their supreme commander on board to give instructions. That being said the captain is supposed to be able in game to give commands where ever he is on ship. Or at least in command room, sonar/radio area, coning tower and bridge.

I'm thinking about ways to do it and there are'nt may other ways than bringing back the bar just like modders did.

And i agree 100% with samharry that anyone involved of the decision of having the captain leaving the attack periscope, trying to align with ladder (lolz) and get the %"&/ down to go have a chat with someone during an attack situation need a serious medication adjustment.

Sage_485
04-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by samharry:
I've been playing SH on the PC since SH1 back in '96 and can honestly say that SH5 is the worst edition of this game.
SH5 is prettier than previous incarnations - which is nice so long as you have the processing power to deal with it but unfortunately that is the only positive aspect of this game.
Whoever signed off on the concept that every order needs to be given in person to the officer in charge of the department needs their head examined. You can communicate with Berlin from the mid Atlantic with a couple of clicks of the mouse but giving an order from the conning tower to any other department on the sub is considerably more time consuming and difficult.
The AI ships don't appear to have been given charts as they all seem to want to run aground. Meanwhile AI planes are often quite happy to ignore you even if you're sitting in the surface firing torpedos and AP rounds into their ships.
The manual and tutorial are a complete waste of time and you're left to figure out how to do most things by either trial and error or looking on the internet.
Crew morale is an interesting development but has not been well implemented or thought through. If I wanted to spend time talking to people abouth their wives I'd be playing Sims.
Why you have to stay connected to an online server and synchronise your save files online is a complete mystery. Is my hard drive too unworthy for Ubi? Even with my 50mb connection I'm still off to make a coffee while the game considers whether to load or not.
If I was in Ubi's position I would seriously consider pulling this game until it has been reworked into something playable.

can you go make the game for us then?

mracosky
04-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Don't be an *** sage. The poster has told no lies, and,as a paying consumer,has the right to complain. What I don't understand is, how can any sane person can defend this game?
It amazes me how some people get ripped off and beg for more.

RaXz
04-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Some people just love innovation, the next Silent Hunter will feature Quick Time Events to resolve the complexity of attacking and a fight gameplay where you duke it out with your crew when an mutiny arises.

And of course a more indepth offduty part with lots of minigames to increase the stats of the captain yay!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

shadow_858
04-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Just like its predecessors, Silent Hunter 5 will be playable, enjoyable, fully patched and heavily modded by the end of the year.

Previously, I went through the same hell that many are experiencing now. This time, I'm not buying it until Christmas time. I'm hoping that by then there will be a patch to remove the DRM nonsense as well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RaXz
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Haha, I did that with the previous two, bought them much later. Stupid of me that I didn't do that again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

All this teaches me to never buy any Ubisoft products at full price again. Though, I don't regret buying Anno 1404 at the full price and some other ubi games, but I won't risk that again. Especially when a game depends heavily on modders.

Sage_485
04-01-2010, 11:43 AM
running on 486?

Gekkibi
04-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Eoweth:
Thanks for ranting all the bugs that are A) gonna be fixed and B) already been fixed via mods. Very helpful. Thanks again.

So, if you buy a brand new car and find out it doesn't have all the accessories you ordered, the color is different than in the brochure, cruise control isn't working at all and for some reason you'll have to go to the trunk to change the track in the CD-player, wouldn't you be angry? You have all the rights to be happy with that car, but please don't judge others for their opinions if they for some (good) reason hates it.

a) The bugs are not fixed yet. They released unfinished beta version.
b) It is not fair that Ubisoft knows subcommunity will fix everything for free.

Can't say this from the bottom of my heart because I don't own the game, luckily (However, I have a chance to exchange Silent Hunter 5 collectors edition to a beer my friend owes me. And only reason I would take it is that I can make a youtube video where I shoot it with a shotgun, use some explosives with moderation and finally throw it into a bonfire...).

KiwiVenge
04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
As was said above, the modders have already done an awesome job of changing and fixing SH5 to the players satisfaction.
Regardless on any of our thoughts on DRM, or how acceptable it is that modders should have to fix a newly released game. If one was to reply merely to the title of this thread "SH5 is not currently worth playing" then I would reply with a disagreement. Load up some mods and the game is worth playing in my opinion.

Babalonkie
04-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by KiwiVenge:
As was said above, the modders have already done an awesome job of changing and fixing SH5 to the players satisfaction.
Regardless on any of our thoughts on DRM, or how acceptable it is that modders should have to fix a newly released game. If one was to reply merely to the title of this thread "SH5 is not currently worth playing" then I would reply with a disagreement. Load up some mods and the game is worth playing in my opinion.

Its not a matter of the community fixed the game is more of the matter that they released it not working. Next time they will do the same because they know they will make money off you and next time they proberly will do what sega do... Release a game not finished... and NOT let you fix it. Then release patches and DLC to fix it but charge you!

Horrible isnt it!? But devs are doing that nowadays because they know fools will continue to buy the game.

"If we do not learn from our misstakes... We are doomed to repeat them!"

KiwiVenge
04-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by icecold6661985:
Horrible isnt it!? But devs are doing that nowadays because they know fools will continue to buy the game.

Each to their own. I don't feel like a fool who bought it. I got it cheap because I waited a few weeks to buy it and the price dropped faster then normal. Installed a few mods into it and have been having a great time with it.
I guess while standing on morale ground reasoning why not to buy it makes it an issue of some sort.
To me it was easy. It is a very mod able and very cheap game that is a lot of fun. And likely to get more fun as time goes by thanks to said modders http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Justice4Britt
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
ive also been playing since SH1 and i think i just wasted my money on SH5! i dont even have the command stations @ the bottom of the screen to go to, i cant dive when i need to, and all that stuff. here is a one of the pics that has the command controls. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Maverick1862/sh5img.png

i dont have that, and can hardly do anything, ive set and reset my resolutions of my screen size and still nothing, what is going on???

Magic452
04-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Check out this link:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroo...wthread.php?t=166093 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093)

Magic

jenkins1939
04-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Samharry, you have put it in the proverbial a nutshell my thoughts exactly

Kayweg
04-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Right then, i guess this thread is as good as any to put in my few cents worth of posting.
How does one make a buying decision then, especially on a game sequel ?
You listen to the people on the forums who value the same things about the previous games as yourself.
I have been reading through this forum a lot during the past few weeks and fallling short of having played the actual game what i read disappoints me.
Of course had i played the game i already would have bought it, which would make the whole buying decision thing obselete, wouldn't it ? (just for those who'll jump at my throat with "you haven't even played it").
The whole DRM issue is an outrage, no two ways about it. Not enough in itself though to prevent me purchasing.
Allow me an anology to explain what DOES:
You can look at the very first cars that ever have been build to the modern vehicles of today. From the Ford T to the Mercedes S class. And we'll all agree that throughout the years they have evolved immensley.
And so imo should and do games including the SH series.
BUT, one thing that hasn't changed is that the wheels have to be round, 1910 or 2010 doesn't matter.
And UBI looks to have put square wheels on SH5 so to speak and it's really not gonna work for me.
I got into SH because i have an historical interest into the topic, and therefor SH or ANY game simulating a historical setting or a specific background should be as accurate as can be.
I was not looking for a naval FPS or naval RPG (moral system ??) where you blow multiple allied capital ships out of the water.
What i had hoped for was a thoroughly researched (technical, tactical, nautical and historical) simulation of the german WW2 U-boat campaign accompanied by the solid and practicle user interface SH traditionally had.
That and of course a vastly improved graphics engine (at least that part seems to have been achieved).
Things like radio communications actually becoming an integral part of the game and not just some decorational byproduct. Where you just as ONE example would send contact reports and then get orders to keep contact until other boats could catch up. And where failing such orders would have consequences to your career as a sub commander.
Maybe even incorporating a section where you had to use the ENIGMA machine.
Mine laying and insertion missions too.
Lots of possibilities if indeed one wanted to go that way.
My hope was the games evolution would take us into DEEPER bluewater simulation waters and not into the brownwater mainstream puddle.
Well, it wasn't to be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
So to those who enjoy SH5 as is....hope you get loads of fun out of it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
And to the more hardcore simmers....thx for calling it as it is and helping me to keep my wallet closed. Keep at it, but i fear you fight a loosing battle...not unlike WW2 subs then really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

o/

KiwiVenge
04-09-2010, 05:01 PM
There are a lot of these so called 'hard core simmers' that you align yourself with that are enjoying the game. It is not as in depth of an experience (AI wise) as say modded SH3, but in my opinion that is to be expected. The modders made SH3 what it is, and looks like they will be doing the same to SH5 over time.
SH5 has absolutely nothing to do with a FPS, not sure why people keep mentioning it.
I totally understand the desire not to buy it though, if you do not have access to the net 24/7. I also fully understand not wanting to buy it because of the bugs on release day, but the same applied to SH3 (personal experience) and SH4 (from what I have heard it was quite buggy upon release as well).

Again, is an each to their own thing, and really not a big deal either way. But to call SH5 a fps without knowing how the game play really is is just plain silly. Crank the realism up to 100% and have a go if you ever get a chance, I bet the words FPS never enter your head.

KiwiVenge
04-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Justice4Britt:
ive also been playing since SH1 and i think i just wasted my money on SH5! i dont even have the command stations @ the bottom of the screen to go to, i cant dive when i need to, and all that stuff. here is a one of the pics that has the command controls.
i dont have that, and can hardly do anything, ive set and reset my resolutions of my screen size and still nothing, what is going on???

That screen shot is using some UI mods, there are already a few to choose form to suit your needs.

DSB007
04-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm still waiting for ubisoft to start making games right again. Also to stop treating the paying customers like criminals with what I agree to be a "Draconian" DRM scheme.
I won't buy another ubisoft game until they stop this trend they have been getting worse and worse on.
Releasing badly made, pretty games, with even worse DRM's. That is not going to cut it.
You have 100%, unquestionably lost this customer until you stop Ubisoft.

Eoweth
04-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by DSB007:

Hi last month! How are you? Sure did miss you. We'd almost had gotten to the point where people were talking about the game instead of DRM, but there you are again, frothing DRM rant! Good to see you again indeed!

Kayweg
04-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by KiwiVenge:
There are a lot of these so called 'hard core simmers' that you align yourself with that are enjoying the game. It is not as in depth of an experience (AI wise) as say modded SH3, but in my opinion that is to be expected. The modders made SH3 what it is, and looks like they will be doing the same to SH5 over time.
SH5 has absolutely nothing to do with a FPS, not sure why people keep mentioning it.
I totally understand the desire not to buy it though, if you do not have access to the net 24/7. I also fully understand not wanting to buy it because of the bugs on release day, but the same applied to SH3 (personal experience) and SH4 (from what I have heard it was quite buggy upon release as well).

Again, is an each to their own thing, and really not a big deal either way. But to call SH5 a fps without knowing how the game play really is is just plain silly. Crank the realism up to 100% and have a go if you ever get a chance, I bet the words FPS never enter your head.

I'm sorry, i think i got the "FPS" remark across all wrong. I'm of course aware of that you don't W A S D you're boat around. It was a deliberate exaggeration to express my unhappiness about the "face-to-face" command system.
And i'm sure that (if technically possible) modders will try to implement the classic keyboard commands interface in the future. Even though that should have been in there as an option in the original release imho.

Eoweth
04-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Kayweg:
And i'm sure that (if technically possible) modders will try to implement the classic keyboard commands interface in the future.

Have you even looked at what the modders have done (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249) over the past month? Face to face command system has both been done away with entirely and also has been completely revamped (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166236).

A mod that mirrors SH3's key mapping (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163444) was released 3 days after the game came out, more than a month ago.

A working dial based TDC (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164612) was released 10 days after the game came out.

A mostly functional SH3 style 3Dials UI mod was released 2 days after the game came out and was upgraded to an impressively designed, fully functional UI replacement (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093) was released 23 days after the game came out.

Clouds, torpedoes, crew screens, equipment screens, water, effects, textures, sub skins, ships, planes, UIs, campaigns, AI, sensors, icons, flags, interiors, animations, crew, clothing, smoke, moon, sun, lighting, water colors, damage, flooding, sinking, morale, commands, shortcuts, damage reactions... all of that and more has already been changed in some way or form.

If you haven't tried the mods, you really should. Silent Hunter 5 with mods is nowhere near the game that was released and this is all BEFORE a major patch. People that keep complaining about the game really need to try some mods instead of just yelling about the original release.

KiwiVenge
04-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Kayweg:I'm sorry, i think i got the "FPS" remark across all wrong. I'm of course aware of that you don't W A S D you're boat around. It was a deliberate exaggeration to express my unhappiness about the "face-to-face" command system.

Ok, no probs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I totally understand exaggeration when disappointed in a game for whatever reason. I am sure I have done the same thing many times over the years.
It is just that I have seen post by people who truly mean it when they compare SH5 to be FPS like. Just can't help but mention it isn't when I see people saying that. lol

And yes, as Eoweth laid out above, it is absolutely stunning how fast the modders are pumping out desired changes. Just about all aspects of the previous UIs are available in mods, along with so much more.

SeaWolfU-57
04-10-2010, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kayweg:
And i'm sure that (if technically possible) modders will try to implement the classic keyboard commands interface in the future.

Have you even looked at what the modders have done (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249) over the past month? Face to face command system has both been done away with entirely and also has been completely revamped (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166236).

A mod that mirrors SH3's key mapping (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163444) was released 3 days after the game came out, more than a month ago.

A working dial based TDC (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164612) was released 10 days after the game came out.

A mostly functional SH3 style 3Dials UI mod was released 2 days after the game came out and was upgraded to an impressively designed, fully functional UI replacement (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093) was released 23 days after the game came out.

Clouds, torpedoes, crew screens, equipment screens, water, effects, textures, sub skins, ships, planes, UIs, campaigns, AI, sensors, icons, flags, interiors, animations, crew, clothing, smoke, moon, sun, lighting, water colors, damage, flooding, sinking, morale, commands, shortcuts, damage reactions... all of that and more has already been changed in some way or form.

If you haven't tried the mods, you really should. Silent Hunter 5 with mods is nowhere near the game that was released and this is all BEFORE a major patch. People that keep complaining about the game really need to try some mods instead of just yelling about the original release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some people come here just to ***** Troll Slander
and don't even play the game.
The game modded to my way of playing is getting there for sure
and certainly do's not deserve the continuous kicking it is receiving
I used to read the threads and think what a pile of S***e this game
seems to be. I had to buy it to find out for myself.
there are still plenty of mods in the pipe line which will improve SH5
even more.
I am starting to like it even with the bugs it sometimes throws at you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

DSB007
04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DSB007:

Hi last month! How are you? Sure did miss you. We'd almost had gotten to the point where people were talking about the game instead of DRM, but there you are again, frothing DRM rant! Good to see you again indeed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'll keep doing it.. and F*#@ you if you don't like it. ^^..
There should be laws against doing the things ubisoft is doing.
Making games intentionally bad and selling them regardless.
This is borderline criminal, hell it is criminal IMO.
Stop screaming about the modders, you sound like a broken record.
IT IS NOT THE MODDERS RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE THE GAME FUNCTIONAL!
GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD.
I mod, do you?, I doubt it..
Stop talking like you know wtf your talking about.

Only a complete idiot would say something like "Oh the modders will fix it" as if it's up to us to save a game.
So keep saying it and keep being a complete idiot if that's your choice.

PS. how you like that 30 fps your getting max? lol..
It's not enough that the game treats you like a criminal, it doesn't even run well.
Not even a brand new gpu can run this steaming pile of crap well.

Eoweth
04-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DSB007:
.. grrr.. rawr... blarg... yarr...

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs7/300W/i/2005/156/4/0/Gir_hug__by_manicsfan.jpg

SeaWolfU-57
04-10-2010, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DSB007:
.. grrr.. rawr... blarg... yarr...

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs7/300W/i/2005/156/4/0/Gir_hug__by_manicsfan.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need a hug also all these nasty men coming on here using bad mouth language. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

mehole
04-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Whether you two like it or not, DSB007 is 100% correct. A game should only have to be modded for hobby reasons, not just so it can be played. Would you pay full price for a car, just to have to take it somewhere to have it worked on?
But what do I know. I can't even play the game...It just means I gave an exta 50 to Matrix.
Maybe one of the times I check this forum, which is shroud in shame and sadness, I will discover the modders your so high on have reduced the ubi drm to nothingness....

PS
Why don't the forum moderators do something about Eoweth and his/her antagonizing posts?

Eoweth
04-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by mehole:
Why don't the forum moderators do something about Eoweth and his/her antagonizing posts?

Because I'm not the one swearing and constantly trolling, like "some people". Oh, and I purchased the product, unlike the same "some people".

mehole
04-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Took longer than I thought... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Privateer_GWX
04-10-2010, 07:43 PM
If you paid for the Game and don't like it?
Take it back.
Why cry about what you don't like?
I am not totally happy with this version,
but I see a World of Modders doing things.
I had the pleasure of meeting Dan face to face
in Texas awhile back.
I kind of knew what he wanted for SH5 then.
I know he busted his arse just to get what we have now.
I also know he cares more than any one of you suspect!

It's very easy to jump up and complain and point fingers.

But how many of you actually know what went down.
Or what lies ahead?
We are only a month or so into release.
1 patch came out and the other is due.
Is it blood you want?

Back off the Devs!
They are, after all, your only hope!
Long Live Ubi-Romania!

mehole
04-10-2010, 07:52 PM
When you go out to eat and order a steak sandwich, and you get it with no beef, do you take it home and cook up some beef for it? Hell no you don't...You go to the manager, complain, and more than likely never go there again...

Do you see 'us complainers' point?
But my complaint is a bit different. I have no home internet. So, again, 50 more bucks for Matrix!

mehole
04-10-2010, 07:53 PM
A fruitless, non-important post from Eoweth to follow shortly........

scrag0416
04-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Well look at it in another light. The game costs roughly 50 dollars - so was it worth it?
If a game requires so much direct intervention by modders to play one has to wonder whom the 50 dollars should go to in the first place.

I received the game for free to review and when my son came home with one from the store we took it back.

Sorry this one is no brainer to anyone who really understands just badly this latest version has taken a major step backward.

Not to even mention the numerous disconnects with DRM and ridiculous amount of time one has to wait to play because of this abortion of an idea.

Eoweth
04-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by scrag0416:
Well look at it in another light. The game costs roughly 50 dollars - so was it worth it?
If a game requires so much direct intervention by modders to play one has to wonder whom the 50 dollars should go to in the first place.

Yup, it sure was! Because, as with any sim title, I was going to mod it anyway. And even if I hadn't, with Monday will come the patch that fixes the "game breaking" bugs. All the patches that fixed the main bugs came out within days of release, some before hand, so there wasn't a huge effort involved, just mapping a few keys.

Look at it this way: Some games come out so broken that it can't be played at all. And those don't have the ability to mod them into playability. Be thankful we were able to enjoy a month of gameplay and non-stop gameplay advances thanks to mods. Well, those of us who are playing and enjoying the game and not sitting here trolling and spamming non-stop ridiculous complaint posts that is.

Originally posted by mehole:
A fruitless, non-important post from Eoweth to follow shortly........

Sorry, was enjoying playing Silent Hunter and didn't see this troll. Umm...

As requested: I had fried chicken for dinner.

BrendaWillSim
04-10-2010, 09:38 PM
dont worry eoweth. mehole is sorry, he says so right here

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1062387/m/8311024848 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1121062387/m/8311024848)

thanks eoweth for looking on the bright side and posting helpful posts on these forums for those who seek to enjoy the game, despite its flaws.

DelphiUniverse
04-10-2010, 10:18 PM
This whole complaining thing going on on this forum is all about hardware. People don't have hardware to run it properly, so they use their free time to complain about non-existant issues about the game.

Here is the thing.

1: Everyone who can run the game properly give positive feedback.

2: Everyone who does not run the game properly or havent even played it, give negative feedback.

Can you see a problem with this? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mehole
04-10-2010, 10:53 PM
See eoweth!!! I knew you wouldn’t let me down…Beings I’m your only friend in all…..And you didn’t choke on a bone? Damn the luck!!
Actually Delphi, user hardware is not the problem. The problem is ubi servers and drm, and it being unacceptable to play a single player game having to be logged into a gaming server….If that server happens to be up.
You guys are too funny!!! BTW, that wasn’t an apology to eoweth or you brenda. Sorry about that. But it is nice to know I have a following. Sorry to dissapoint you, but, I am married...
Now, the more I discover about this SHV debauchery, the more I realize we must stand up to this or face even more titles that have to be modded and patched for years just to play. So, if you don’t like it, put me on ignore and continue on with your ‘ubi is great’ life. Just remember to open your eyes every once in a while just so’s ya don’t trip down the stairs…..And eoweth, get up from the computer every once in a while. You shouldn’t live your life in that box. Get out and go for a walk or something…Try and make some friends before it’s too late. And don’t forget about ‘don’t ask don’t tell’.
Now isn’t this a prime example of the mediocrity the gaming community has become overall. As more of you continue to believe it’s OK for companies to market games in states such as this – the more it becomes acceptable in their minds for them to do this, and the more you will continue to be unpaid developers. I guess gone are the days when quality mattered. Apparently this is what you guys want. Personally, I’d like to get what I pay for. Maybe your parents left you some bucks, but I have to work for mine.
Quote from UBI: “Awe hell!! One of those diehard fans, with time on their hands, will just fix it for us! And we don’t even have to pay them!! Plus we can put this security system into it, make ‘em go thru our servers, and they still buy it!! They’re putty in our hands. And we get a few that even stick up for us. Blind love it is. We can do whatever we want to ‘em now…..<evil laughs here>”….” Nice idea to kick’em off the server every once in a while. That way eoweth can hit the forums and defend us! We need him!”
And thank god for Monday!!!....lol…lol… Good luck with that. If it removes the drm…This rooster might crow differently on a different roof, but in the mean time, I’ve got some very impressive Matrix titles to keep me entertained, and eoweth’s posts!

SeaWolfU-57
04-11-2010, 05:17 AM
You are just fixated with complaining and for what?. you don't like
this version Fine that your choice.
But why keep coming on here looking for someone to complain too.
All of us who are getting on with enjoying the game really don't care
about what you think because you are one of the trolls who just come on here
to ***** Troll Sander and generally harass other members who are trying to help
others and not just fire a load of complaints all the time.
We all know some people are having troubles playing the game but sometimes
this is caused by people trying to run the game on machines that cannot handle it
And as for the DRM it is invisible when playing the game. this game warns you
it needs a permanent internet connection to run it If that don't suit fine don't play it
The game is what it is the only persons who can change that is UBI and quite frankly
do you expect them to do this when reading the continues crap that is being posted
about the game. I would not change anything until the Trolls had all gone away and
the real players of the game had a chance to benefit from it.

andy3536
04-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by SeaWolfU-57:
You are just fixated with complaining and for what?. you don't like
this version Fine that your choice.
But why keep coming on here looking for someone to complain too.
All of us who are getting on with enjoying the game really don't care
about what you think because you are one of the trolls who just come on here
to ***** Troll Sander and generally harass other members who are trying to help
others and not just fire a load of complaints all the time.
We all know some people are having troubles playing the game but sometimes
this is caused by people trying to run the game on machines that cannot handle it
And as for the DRM it is invisible when playing the game. this game warns you
it needs a permanent internet connection to run it If that don't suit fine don't play it
The game is what it is the only persons who can change that is UBI and quite frankly
do you expect them to do this when reading the continues crap that is being posted
about the game. I would not change anything until the Trolls had all gone away and
the real players of the game had a chance to benefit from it.

What a silly thing to say. They shouldn't fix it till the complainers have gone??
If there were no complainers they'd have nothing to fix as they'd have no idea of the problems they faced.
If nobody complained, nothing would ever improve.

This threads beyond ridiculous, why is it nobody posting from either argument can see beyond their own opinion??

Is this because the new demographic for the game is Teenagers??

The SH forums used to be so dignified and mature..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SeaWolfU-57
04-11-2010, 07:13 AM
All the necessary complaining has been done over and over again
its time now to let the patches start putting right what is wrong.
its not a matter of sides. its a matter of people who are only here to
cause trouble to stop filling the threads with the same crap.
as they say "I don't even play the game" so how can they make a
useful comment that points out faults that need fixing.

Athlonics
04-11-2010, 10:22 AM

Well said.

And I will add that 80% of the complains are for this DRM thingy which doesn't allows thoses poor guys to play the game for free like they are used to.

Anyway, time to wait for patchs and after that report remaining bugs in a contructive fashion.

By the way, this DRM rocks !
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

andy3536
04-11-2010, 11:52 AM

Well, thanks for proving my pointhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

My post was critical over most of the posters in this thread being childish and not seeing the point of any other opinion but their own (no matter what way that opinion goes)

Just another thing that points to SH5 aiming at the teenage market rather than the real fans from the series.

The OP actually included some good information on bugs etc although could have put accross a little better, since then it's just childish ranting. Really helps move the game along. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

SeaWolfU-57
04-11-2010, 12:06 PM
You have no point to prove you are just looking to start something
As for the fact that some people are sick and completely feed up
with reading the same winning going on is not Childish.
and if you check the posters that agree with your statements you will
find they are the new members so they must be the Teenage market you
are talking about.
And thanks for the nice exchange but I am going back to play the game for a while

andy3536
04-11-2010, 01:34 PM

and if you check the posters that agree with your statements you will
find they are the new members so they must be the Teenage market you
are talking about.

????

SeaWolfU-57 - Fri November 06 2009......

No, all i'm trying to say is that if people want to complain, they have every right. But as some people think they don't this thread has just turned into a mud slinging rather than any attempt at being constructive. Despite the original OP raising valid issues.

But hey, lets not let people complain about products they bought, people after all aren't aloud opinions of their own http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

jciceri
04-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm satisfied with SH5. Much better than earlier game. Rather have the beta game to play than nothing at all. I've sunk 3-4 times more ships & thats a lot of fun to watch for me anyway. I like the new deck gun too. Keep up the good work UBISOFT. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

scrag0416
04-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Just saw the reviews being posted on other sites as well as reading some interesting comments on the game - nice to hit the nail on the head

I am also passing my recommendations to pull the game from the military exchanges as it is obviously not complete and very buggy to a fault. Given the exchange policy of the military exchanges it makes better sense to simply pull the game.

Eoweth - understand that you and a few others like the game - Good on ya and wish you luck with it. My point of view here is as respected as yours, but I appreciate your defense of the game.

I am simply posting for those who are considering the game as a purchase to do significantly more digging before buying as it is almost impossible to take an opened game back for anything other than store credit - if you are lucky.

IMHO the game is unfinished, unpolshied and in need of overhaul. It is the game software version of the Toyota recall albeit with out killing anyone. In todays economy if you are expecting Blizzard quality or old UBI soft quality then you are going to be diappointed with this title.