PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Introduction Thread for New Players - Where, When, How!

203Ku_Takasaki
11-07-2004, 01:51 AM
I thought I would start this thread because when I first bought IL2 and FB I simply thought no one played online because hardly anyone was ever playing in the Ubisoft Servers. I really wished I would have known where the community played online from the start. Let's do the PF new ones a favor and keep this thread up top so they know how to get the most out of MP which I think will grow this community.

This is where most us play online...

HyperLobby (http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz)

The when is 24 hours a day. The IL2, FB, PF series is truly international. You will find players online around the clock.

As for the how, simply download and install the Hyperlobby Client. For now Pacific Fighters servers are under "Forgotten Battles". Hopefully there will be a stand alone "Pacific Fighters" room soon. Until then, all PF servers are hosted in the Forgotten Battles room.

If you want to play PF online you need to know that you can only join a server than runs the same version you are running. There are 2 types of servers. Servers that run FB/AEP/PF (Forgotten Battles/Ace Expansion Pack/Pacific Fighters), and the stand alone Pacific Fighters. If you only have Pacific Fighters, you can only join a stand alone Pacific Fighters server. Because most servers are run by community veterans, most servers are FB/AEP/PF. Only players who own all 3 of these games (this becomes a combined install) can play in these servers.

If your new to this community because of Pacific Fighters, I strongly suggest you purchase the "Gold Pack" which will give you the complete series and the ability to play in all servers. I believe you can pick it up for $29.99 (U.S.) in most places.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/241057.jpg

Welcome to the IL2 community!

If anyone wants to add anything I might have left out please do so. If not, welcome these folks by bumping this thread.

---------------

Brock.Landers
11-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Aye, and don't try to play a multiplayer game via the ingame option called "Multiplay", it doesn't let you join squat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

I prefer All Seeing Eye to Hyperlobby, it's a little less idiosyncratic and has a better thought out interface.http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html
It ought to have because it's a commercial product but $30 for a lifetime license for all games is a bit of a bargain.

And the classic- I sat looking at the burning wreckage of my plane when I first crashed, wondering how the heck I could fly again. Hit ESCAPE, then RE-FLY and you're back in business

203Ku_Takasaki
11-07-2004, 12:23 PM
I also like "All Seeing Eye" and use it for every other game I play online. I prefer HyperLobby for this sim because you can easily chat with other players and find all the Coop missions that are being started up in the Lobby.

Also, for some reason when I try to join a FB/PF server via ASE I never get connected and when I do I get kicked right away.

Bunda.
11-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Can anyone give me some pointers on the best dedicated server settings? Not necessarily technical, but what gameplay settings are most popular etc.

As soon as the patch comes out I'll be setting up a dedicated server running off a high powered Jolt public server in the UK as a trial to see how much interest it generates.

Aircool_212
11-07-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm sooo glad this thread is here, I thought there was no-body playing online http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

203Ku_Takasaki
11-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Bump.. Since this thread does appear to be helping new ones, the mods might want to sticky this one.

OUToTUNE
11-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Ok guys, thanks for info.... I got hyperlobby....but cant get a game to launch...I have PF installed standalone, and cannot get into a game in the Forgotten Battles room.... says it cant find my .exe file.... which is understandable, since I dont have the game...
How do players with stand alone PF play games on hyperlobby? Also, how the heck do I even tell if its a server running standalone PF?

And why is it so much more popular than UBI???? They seem basically the same....
Thanks for any info....

OUToTUNE
11-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Lol.....ok I got All Seeing Eye..... guess what.... no PF standalone....
Cant use that either.....
And it dont have an uninstall option....geees...

Lets be clear on these things guys...Thanks anyway...

LStefanos
11-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the information, you all have helped me make the decision whether to purchase the games. But I have a question for all of you. The reason I became really interested in getting PF (and then subsequently FB/AEP) was because I used to play Air Warrior when it was offered through AOL a long time ago. I have to say that even though it had poor graphics that game was the greatest multiplayer experience. For those of you who never experienced Air Warrior let me describe it.

It was a multi theater sim with focus on allowing the player to experience a lot of the things that we marvel at in todays sims. You could fly medium and large bombers as well as your standard lineup of fighters and fighter-bombers. But the greatest part of Air Warrior was the multiplayer. All of the servers had capacity for over 100 players, and for the most part (with the exception of the super realistic servers) were very populated. The idea was that you would pick one of three 'nations' denoted 'A' 'B', or 'C' and take off from one of the airfields controlled by your team, much like in IL-2 now. However, you had the ability to damage enemy airstrips or fuel or ammo dumps that would make it impossible for the enemy to use the airfield. Then someone would fly in a C-47 and drop paratroopers and your team would capture the field. It was rediculous. You could have eight guys in a B-17 manning the guns en route to the nearest enemy field to take out the runway, all kinds of stuff. It combined teamwork with individual dogfighting as there were rarely limits on the aircraft available.

So after that long narration I want to ask the veterans here is that type of game play possible in PF? It seems like it should be, especially if it was possible in a game where most people were using 56k modems. Will it be the way things work when the patch comes out and the 128-person servers are available?

203Ku_Takasaki
11-07-2004, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OUToTUNE:
Ok guys, thanks for info.... I got hyperlobby....but cant get a game to launch...I have PF installed standalone, and cannot get into a game in the Forgotten Battles room.... says it cant find my .exe file.... which is understandable, since I dont have the game...
How do players with stand alone PF play games on hyperlobby? Also, how the heck do I even tell if its a server running standalone PF?

And why is it so much more popular than UBI???? They seem basically the same....
Thanks for any info.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With HyperLobby, you have to rename your stand alone Pacific Fighters .exe file to il2fb.exe. This is because the HL client is looking for that file. This will be the case until HL creates a new room for PF stand alone. (Sorry for leaving that vital bit of info out the first time)

I have seen a few stand alone servers. Most server operators will say if it is a stand alone in the description.

I am pretty much a newbie here also and do not know why HL is more popular. However I do know it is where most people are so because of that, it is the place to go for MP.

Also, as you have probably seen, you can chat in the lobby, so if you ever have problems or questions just ask. There is always someone there that will help.

rodion_zero
11-07-2004, 10:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStefanos:
Thanks for the information, you all have helped me make the decision whether to purchase the games. But I have a question for all of you. The reason I became really interested in getting PF (and then subsequently FB/AEP) was because I used to play Air Warrior when it was offered through AOL a long time ago. I have to say that even though it had poor graphics that game was the greatest multiplayer experience. For those of you who never experienced Air Warrior let me describe it.

It was a multi theater sim with focus on allowing the player to experience a lot of the things that we marvel at in todays sims. You could fly medium and large bombers as well as your standard lineup of fighters and fighter-bombers. But the greatest part of Air Warrior was the multiplayer. All of the servers had capacity for over 100 players, and for the most part (with the exception of the super realistic servers) were very populated. The idea was that you would pick one of three 'nations' denoted 'A' 'B', or 'C' and take off from one of the airfields controlled by your team, much like in IL-2 now. However, you had the ability to damage enemy airstrips or fuel or ammo dumps that would make it impossible for the enemy to use the airfield. Then someone would fly in a C-47 and drop paratroopers and your team would capture the field. It was rediculous. You could have eight guys in a B-17 manning the guns en route to the nearest enemy field to take out the runway, all kinds of stuff. It combined teamwork with individual dogfighting as there were rarely limits on the aircraft available.

So after that long narration I want to ask the veterans here is that type of game play possible in PF? It seems like it should be, especially if it was possible in a game where most people were using 56k modems. Will it be the way things work when the patch comes out and the 128-person servers are available? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except for the Gooney dropping those special forces guys who capture the base (interesting idea though), yes, all that you have mentioned is possible in FB+AEP+PF multiplayer, though the flyable "pure" bomber choices are limited as of this time (B-25, He-111, A20 and that old Russian bomber I think).

-RODION

Hendley
11-07-2004, 11:38 PM
One problem with everyone playing through HL is that it excludes those people using a Japanese/Chinese (multibyte) operating system, as the software does not work with such OSes (this is a bug--the vast majority of English software works fine). This keeps many players from fully participating in the community, which is the danger of relying on what is basically a hobbyists' project. I'm forced to play through ASE, which is okay for some dogfight servers but is a no-go for coop games.

There are a good number of players in Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, etc. It's a shame they are excluded this way.

* I haven't checked in a while, so apologies if this bug has been fixed/if there is a fix (in which case, please let me know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

rodion_zero
11-07-2004, 11:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hendley:

There are a good number of players in Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, etc. It's a shame they are excluded this way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What IRONY!!! Hahaha! The Japanese can't play as the Japanese in PF using HL! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-RODION

Bearcat99
11-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Done.... I also took the liberty of trimming it down so some of the bumps are gone since its a sticky now.....

BTW to join a multiplayer game by using the "Multiplayer" button you must type in the IP address of the host server and then hit connect. You will see a windoew that will say something like IP address:21000.. delete that and just put in the IP address. You can also use the multiplayer button to launce your own multiplayer sessions for playing coop missions by yourself as single missions with the AI taking up any empty slots.... or for using a 2 army DF map for bombing practice.

RasMichael
11-08-2004, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 203Ku_Takasaki:
Also, for some reason when I try to join a FB/PF server via ASE I never get connected and when I do I get kicked right away. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make sure you have set your name in ASE, otherwise you will join as "default player" and be promptly kicked by the server.

TgD Thunderbolt56
11-08-2004, 08:15 AM
One important thing to keep in mind is if a server is running a background script (like FBDaemon which allows victory parameters, map rotations and time limits in dogfight servers) then you will need to change the name of your pilot to something other than the default names listed (i.e. default, user, mad ) as these names will be automatically kicked without notification in most cases.

It is also safe to say that most of the bigger servers are currently running this script and it can be very frustrating to think there is a problem when it could be something as simple as the name you've selected.

TB

Weather_Man
11-08-2004, 08:46 AM
In the interest of those who do like to play on UBI.com, to play online there you must install the UBI game client. You can either install it at the end of your PF installation, or go to the UBI.com online game site and click on any of the "Play Now" buttons. It will search for the UBI game client and ask you if you want to install it if it does not find it. Click "yes" to install it.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/OnlineGames.htm

Note: you will need ActiveX enabled to install the client from the website. Firefox/Mozilla browsers won't work, so use IE.

Then, to find a game online, simply click the UBI icon on your desktop and go to the game room you desire. No need to start the game first or try to connect from the game menu.

Once in the game room, simply click on one of the servers listed at top and the game will start automatically.

JonHal
11-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Is there a way, with Hyperlobby, to search just for Pacific Fighters games? It seemed like I spent hours just clicking games in a vain effort to find Pacific fighters games only. Unless someone actually names their server something obvious I have no idea until I join.. Thanks for the input.

nickdanger3
11-08-2004, 01:20 PM
JonHal - that's a good point. One thing that you have to give the UbiCom online game center is that you can sort by mission, players in game, cockpit on/off, unlimited fuel & ammo. Hyperlobby would benefit from a similiar functionality.

Bearcat99
11-08-2004, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonHal:
Is there a way, with Hyperlobby, to search just for Pacific Fighters games? It seemed like I spent hours just clicking games in a vain effort to find Pacific fighters games only. Unless someone actually names their server something obvious I have no idea until I join.. Thanks for the input. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The servers can be named by the host. However.... truth be told.... and Im not trying to be a wise @ss here but..... why not just get the Aces Gold pack? It is well worth it. More than worth it. Inspite of what some people want to say. Sure there are issues.. but this is not Microsoft. You wont have to wait for some 3rd party developer to come up with a fix.. and really.... I have to say.. I have been impressed since IL2 so maybe Im biased. But even FB 1.0... as buggy as it was with the old exploding P-40s... the horrible roll rate on the P-47s.... the lame handling of the 190s.... it was still a great product. With FB 3.0 it is just off the hook. If I took every dollar I spent on simming in this series... including upgrades.. and divided that by hours of pleasure derived I think Id still be coming out on top. Add to that the unprecedented developer support and just the quality of the graphics,maps,FMs,DMs,planesets,fronts covered... I mean... it's a no brainer.

Buckaroo_VF6
11-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Valid point. I actually did purchase both FB and the aces add on after getting pacific Fighters. But the Pacific Theatre is
my favorite. I don't particulularly want to dogfight ME-190s in my Corsair. I prefer more themed servers for a particular time period. That's why i'd like to see a little more filter options in Hyperlobby.. or a pacific Fighters only room.

REagrds,

Jon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:

The servers can be named by the host. However.... truth be told.... and Im not trying to be a wise @ss here but..... why not just get the Aces Gold pack? It is well worth it. More than worth it. Inspite of what some people want to say. Sure there are issues.. but this is not Microsoft. You wont have to wait for some 3rd party developer to come up with a fix.. and really.... I have to say.. I have been impressed since IL2 so maybe Im biased. But even FB 1.0... as buggy as it was with the old exploding P-40s... the horrible roll rate on the P-47s.... the lame handling of the 190s.... it was still a great product. With FB 3.0 it is just off the hook. If I took every dollar I spent on simming in this series... including upgrades.. and divided that by hours of pleasure derived I think Id still be coming out on top. Add to that the unprecedented developer support and just the quality of the graphics,maps,FMs,DMs,planesets,fronts covered... I mean... it's a no brainer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Schmouddle-WT
11-09-2004, 03:32 AM
The reason why most people host/play on Hyperlobby is quite simple.

The HL has been done by the simmer for simmers, no big brother watches you and furthermore the newbie/ace ratio is rather small there.Actually I was flying only once on Ubi, choosed the full-real server and that was a piece of cake there, opposite to HL servers, where I got my @ss kicked regularily.
I never returned there, since I do not feel fair and funny to kick newbie's @sses.

You need to understand HL is not dedicated to FB only, there are more rooms for other games (however not used that much) and the system is naturally less "idiot-proof"http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif than the dedicated applications. When you D/L it, it is supposed you know what you are doing.

The fact there are more games\simmers is even strengthening itself - the more skilled guys down there on HL, the more good servers, the more people there. Funny enough, FB room in HL often reaches maximum players allowed (~900 at the same time) and it is supposed this will be the next issue to be solved by Jiri (creator of HL).
If you have any comment/bugreport(rarely http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif)/wish about HL, contact Jiri Fojtasek on forums at http:\\hyperfighter.jinak.cz

For newbies (not to be taken in offence) I strongly recomend to choose low-real server first when playing on HL for first time. The full-real servers are a little bit tough for a new guy and only the most frustration-resistant ones can stand up with getting sacked each flight.

If you want to play on full-real dogfight servers on HL, I would recommend Greatergreen, F_16 servers, WarClouds for instance....all running scripted missions round the clock. (Sorry If I forgot anybody)
Aaand our WT_Dedicated, since I am and admin.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

After dedicated server for PF will be released, the situation with mess in versions will settle down, majority of servers (including us) will switch to FB+AEP+PF to profit from benefits of merged products.

The next important thing is to D/L a voice communication program like TeamSpeak2 or Ventrilo (first being used more broadly), dedicated servers quite often offer a free dedicated TS server for players and being connected with the rest of your side adds a hell a lot of immersion.

And the last thing, most important:
Do not forgot your nice behaviour at the door, be kind and community will return it to you. Always read server rules and obey it whatever stupid these might be. Do not steal kills, do not kill teammates intentionally, do not ask admins with lame question about desired planeset and maps - you gonna be ignored in the better case. If you get across rude guys, better leave than argue (unless youre more skilled then them and being able to send them hanging on the chute). Let arguing to admins. Be aware, that rumors are spreading fast across community and well-known idiots are often banned from servers upon their reputation.

Good Luck, young man!

WT_Schmouddle
ServerGuru of WT_Dedicated http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

jason_peters
11-09-2004, 07:48 AM
are there any settings you should tweak in the cfg files if u have broad band (half meg)???

Also what do the green dots in the top right hand corner mean when you join a sesion (when playing the game)

Third - How can I see my scores when online (ie what I have shot down (normally zero - by hey - one day I may get one lol)

Thanks in advance

203Ku_Takasaki
11-09-2004, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jason_peters:
are there any settings you should tweak in the cfg files if u have broad band (half meg)???

Also what do the green dots in the top right hand corner mean when you join a sesion (when playing the game)

Third - How can I see my scores when online (ie what I have shot down (normally zero - by hey - one day I may get one lol)

Thanks in advance <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hit the "s" key to see the scores while you are in the server. I believe the green dots represent your connection. I think the less you see means the lower your ping (someone correct me if I am wrong there).

ChicagoChad
11-09-2004, 11:29 AM
I use the All Seeing Eye with "close ASE when program is launched" checked. Hyperlobby does not give you mapname, score and details and remains open during play wich takes up systam RAM and CPU cycles. You will find the link on one of the top posts.

-The Chad

Hendley
11-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Right on with the sales pitch, but as PF *is* sold as a self-contained game, it would serve the community better if newcomers were able to play on PF-only servers. I tried playing PF stand-alone online for a week or so before finally giving up and making a combined install. Hardly encouraging to a newcomer to tell 'em to go spend another 40 bucks if they want to play online...*

* Yes, WE know they'll get a good bang for the extra bucks spent, but THEY don't...

LStefanos
11-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Well if most of the things I brought up are possible in FB/AEP/PF then how about this:

Because you can bomb enemy airfields with negative effects to the enemy's operations, there should be an automated capture mission launched with either AI aircraft or ground troops. Then we would have dynamic 'front lines' in a server that would reset when the map changes or refreshes.

It doesn't sound like it would be that hard. You would set up a damage threshold for the airfield. You would have to put a couple bombs on the runway and then destroy half of the hangars or fuel tanks near the airfield, for example. As soon as your side completed this the AI capture mission would launch. It could be 4 aircraft with 12 paratroopers each. It would get in formation and then set a course for the damaged field. Then the flight would drop the troops, and if 75% made it on the ground control of the airfield would switch to the other side. The other side could shoot down those AI planes, or flak even. Don't know how you would handle repairs, come to think of it. So that might put a damper on stuff, but its just an idea.

Metallicaner
11-12-2004, 08:20 AM
this topic is only confusing the new pilots

BOA_Crash
11-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Defintly is worth getting the gold pack and having the full IL2 experience. Especially if you want to fly online. The majority of online flyers already have it. It is pretty cheap now that it is a little older and worth every penny. Hyperlobby I have found to be a much more enjoyable experience, as far as the chat room people help you and not to much of the typical BS that you see in other multiplayer chat rooms. S!

Ritter_Cuda
11-12-2004, 08:30 PM
ok new guy here I played Fighter ACE some time ago and this sould close. I'm ich'in to fly again.
My question is if I were to buy FB gold that has both FB/AEP can I join a server that is
FB/AEP/PF? It seem like with most game the old players just keep adding on expandion.
Cuda

F4U_Flyer
11-13-2004, 01:54 AM
help! i dl hl but the game tries to start fb and not pf. I added the fb exe to the pf folder , copied and rename pf exe , didnt work. Tried shft / ctrl didnt give a choice just loads fb. Tried rename fb then it couldnt find the renamed pf to fb exe. Whats am i doing wrong?

SCHADEN
11-14-2004, 12:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStefanos:

So after that long narration I want to ask the veterans here is that type of game play possible in PF? It seems like it should be, especially if it was possible in a game where most people were using 56k modems. Will it be the way things work when the patch comes out and the 128-person servers are available? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope it's not the same - the diff and it's a big difference is that the Hyperlobby servers are basically dogfighting arena's - there is no online "war" that flows back and forth 24 hours a day.

If you want that then try Aces High or Fighter Ace

http://www.hitechcreations.com/

https://fighterace.jaleco.com/

203Ku_Takasaki
11-14-2004, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCHADEN:

https://fighterace.jaleco.com/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fighter Ace?? I flew that for a few months and the community over there is a joke. Hardly anyone over there is into the history of the war. It's just a huge arcade shootout fest with arcade planes. You join a server and it is typically Japan vs. Germany, Russia vs. USA, Britain vs. USA, etc. They do set up some servers based on historical scenarios but hardly anyone flies in them. Also, you pay a monthly fee to play online.

Patches30
11-15-2004, 04:16 AM
I'm actually a little bit annoyed about this.

The Ubi.com software should support the full simulation package (FB+ACE+PF)

I dont like hyperlobby. I just think that its too confusing, and can't take advantage of the net code fully, well legally anyhow.

The ubi.com software is actually also the ubi endorsed 'official' software and I feel better running that. I'm just annoyed that the full sim isnt supported because I like to be able to use the maps from FB in the PF scenario.

Is there a way to use the FB maps with the PF standalone? that would be one solution.

I think that it reflects poorly on an online gaming community when software designed in cooperation with the same company that hosts the master servers, which connect the peer software, when the software built by the company isnt supported by software from the same company. very poorly. To save face and at the risk of sounding like a politician, ubi.com needs a rebuild, it needs to be 'reformed'.

I do have some ideas about how to compete with those other online companies (valve, soe) etc.. but not if the networks can't support the games!

Finally I think the biggest network problem facing IL-2 might have something to do with packet length. for some reason no type of connection tracking (which is basically like adding a new header around a complete packet thus 'renaming' it) simply doesnt work. Ive adapted my network so that I can run a subnet and an IL-2 FB ACE PF whatever server, but I dont think the average gamer would know how to do this.

ok thats it. Sorry hyperlobby people, but I know that there is not a way that hyperlobby can legally support all the features of the game. Sorry maddox people, I know you have a programmer who has been ill, but theres so many things to do that don't include working on the simulator itself; and ubi people, I dont know what the current limitations are that are preventing this from working, but it seems like we need to decide whether to host the networks from inside the games or from the (dilapidated) ubi.com software.

-CC

LW_Fuzz
11-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Can you tell me why it says that i don't have PF dogfight or PF coop installed when i try to join a room in ubi ? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Weather_Man:
In the interest of those who do like to play on UBI.com, to play online there you must install the UBI game client. You can either install it at the end of your PF installation, or go to the UBI.com online game site and click on any of the "Play Now" buttons. It will search for the UBI game client and ask you if you want to install it if it does not find it. Click "yes" to install it.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/OnlineGames.htm

Note: you will need ActiveX enabled to install the client from the website. Firefox/Mozilla browsers won't work, so use IE.

Then, to find a game online, simply click the UBI icon on your desktop and go to the game room you desire. No need to start the game first or try to connect from the game menu.

Once in the game room, simply click on one of the servers listed at top and the game will start automatically. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ritter_Cuda
11-17-2004, 12:17 AM
ok Ive been reading though this and one quetions come to mind IS there a match type play for the squads? and if so what does it detail?
Cuda

SCHADEN
11-17-2004, 03:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 203Ku_Takasaki:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCHADEN:

https://fighterace.jaleco.com/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fighter Ace?? I flew that for a few months and the community over there is a joke. Hardly anyone over there is into the history of the war. It's just a huge arcade shootout fest with arcade planes. You join a server and it is typically Japan vs. Germany, Russia vs. USA, Britain vs. USA, etc. They do set up some servers based on historical scenarios but hardly anyone flies in them. Also, you pay a monthly fee to play online. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FA is gamey no arguments - AH is far better though you have to get your head around the chess piece thing - AH2 which has just started is a big improvement.

I play FB and AH - will buy PF when the first patch comes out - for MMOG AH with 400 planes in a room is by far the best though you do take a hit on the eye candy side of things.

BERNDT79
11-17-2004, 12:18 PM
i played Air Warrior for 2 years while it was still free on AOL. It was the greatest thing, i agree. We need some modeling on base capturing and stuff like that in PF.

Weather_Man
11-18-2004, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LW_Fuzz:
Can you tell me why it says that i don't have PF dogfight or PF coop installed when i try to join a room in ubi ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which version are you running?

FB + AEP + PF play in the AEP room
FB + AEP play in the AEP room
*(for AEP+PF, look for servers running game version "undetected". AEP only servers are shown as v2.01)

FB play in the FB room
PF standalone play in the Standalone room

IV_JG51_Prien
11-19-2004, 07:37 PM
I tried out the Aces High free-trial just for giggles and what a piece of **** that game is.

Nobody played in the Historical Server.. the "radar" on the mini map was ******ed.. and the "arcade" style server was flat out rediculous. I can't think of anything good to say about it, and it is by no means worth the fee they charge you to play... I'd pay 10 bucks to have my toenails ripped out one by one before paying to fly that **** sim.

Sorry.. had to express my distaste for that crappy product..

Anywho, to add my 2 bits to the thread as far as advice to newcomers:

Don't give up!! Just starting out you're gonna get eaten alive by the seasoned folks, but remember this.. It only helps you improve. Watch what they do, pay attention to their tactics. Also, if you have the time for it and are a social type.. find a good squad to join.. I know for me it made all the difference in the world in regards to enjoyment of the sim.. Regardless of the fact I don't get to fly with them much because of being in the Military and deploying frequently.

This is a great sim, and offers a lot of flexibility with difficulty settings to tailor to just about anybody. Just figure out what you like the best and run with it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jagd_rc
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
OK, silly question but I'm at my witts end here!!! I even emailed UBI with no response.

I'm trying to host a game at UBI.com I follow the links and the game starts just fine. I have a router and have open ports 21000 and 21010 and I'm not running a firewall.

No one can join my room. How does a normal average player host a game? I don't have any interest in HL or any of this other stuff. I just want to host using the game I paid for and I can't do it. Further more UBI won't respond with any tech help either. But here I read over and over about how helpfull UBI is blah blah blah...

Anyway, can someone put into plain english for the rest of us how to host a game over the UBI server PLEASE!!!!

~S~

alky_6
11-20-2004, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by _VR_C_Berndt:
i played Air Warrior for 2 years while it was still free on AOL. It was the greatest thing, i agree. We need some modeling on base capturing and stuff like that in PF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I played Air Warrior when it was a DOS program and paid 2 bux an hour for it, played it till it fizzled out. I have every boxed version with manuals. That was ancient software by todays standards, ran on slow computers by todays standards and slow connections, but right now I'd give anything to be able to hook up to an Air Warrior arena and get back into that game. All I've seen with all the modern WWII air combat software is a lot of razzle dazzle graphics and little substance.

SCHADEN
11-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Go to http://www.hitechcreations.com/ubbframe.html

and post on the forum that you're an old AW'er you might see some people you know....

LStefanos
11-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks for all of the information about the other sims and feedback from the old Air Warrior folks. I apologize sincerely if I distracted the thread from its orginial purpose. I was trying to find out more information about the game and its multiplayer attributes to see if it was worth the purchase or not. Trouble is that when I get into thinking and creative mode I usually get carried away.

I tried out Aces High with the free trial in order to make sure I was making the correct decision. It is ironic how much it feels like Air Warrior with graphics updates here and there. The flight models in IL-2 are years ahead of Aces High, so hopefully someone will catch on to what us old sim veterans are rambling about and try to put in some more cooperative gameplay. At least some historical mission servers (with 128 dedicated you can do a lot to recreate battles). Or full dedicated campaigns. It just adds so much more that can be real important to the new simmer. As many people have reiterated it can be highly intimidated to step into a dogfight server and just get mauled for consecutive days or weeks until you start to find your aircraft niche and learn the tactics required.

I wanted to thank you guys again for putting this thread up again as I have since used HL to play original IL-2 while I wait for the whole new package to arrive and have found some dedicated guys on there who are bringing me up to speed on what I could possibly be flying and how. See you over the Pacific soon.

Morphine29
12-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Okay. I've installed Ubi.com and I can see Stand-Alone PF games that say they are compatible with my version (3.0) but when I try to connect I am told that my connection was rejected because the host is running 3.01.

I've obviously missed a patch somewhere.. but where?

I should probably point out that my technical skills are about the same level as a chimp so keep it simple for simple lil' me.

Dadman_35thCAG
12-06-2004, 11:23 PM
ok the patch 3.01 is availabe in the forum here. just look for the thread in the main loby of the forum. There is also another patch out 3.02b that not to many people are running right now. The patchs are auto-run.

zanoneclisis
12-09-2004, 01:44 AM
i got fb and ace expansion for 26 euro , i couldn't find the gold pack.

and for u new one's it is worth it, im playing in the hyper lobby with the 3.02b patch and there are people there and servers, new patch comes with servers with 64 players .

imo the ubi online is a ghost town and u have to dl that 2.

and finaly YES this is a damm cofusing thread for newbies.
( u need fb for hyperlobby no BS next time)

Jap_fighter
12-10-2004, 03:14 AM
THANKS! i came to this for that exact reason, to find out where the servers are, great idea!

chaostech111
12-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know how to acelerate time during a multyplayer campagne ? key binded for time aceletrat X2 X4 X8 have no effect.

zanoneclisis
12-13-2004, 03:13 AM
i think that is called cheating http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

chaostech111
12-13-2004, 12:17 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif cheating !?!?
I only want to skip boring part of mission...
Don't wonna take 1 houre to complete a mission where nearly nothing hapen ...
If I host a campagne to play with a friend, and I accelerate time so we can reach combat area in 4 minutes instead of 1/2 hour, where is the cheating part of that ?
Whatever, if it is cheating , how can I activate them so I can play with my friend to the game we
have bought?

Philipscdrw
12-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Time compression doesn't work in multiplayer! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Just start the flight in the air near the target, or take off closer to the target perhaps?

Ritter_Cuda
12-15-2004, 12:02 AM
ammo what is the major sites ammo setting? limited or not?
Cuda

chaostech111
12-15-2004, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
Time compression doesn't work in multiplayer! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Just start the flight in the air near the target, or take off closer to the target perhaps? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was wondering if a magic option in the conf.ini may enable it... but the more I read the forum the more i agree with you ...
So the dynamic campagne is useless for me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
I'll build mission of my own with carrier not too far from enemi target ...
Too bad that I can't share the fun I have in solo campagne http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

zanoneclisis
12-16-2004, 03:13 AM
if u could use time compression online (for every player) i would be admin and hand my finger on those buttons http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ritter_Cuda
12-16-2004, 08:29 AM
number of player don't add up in hyper lobby.
I've linked in and it say there are 250-300 players. but i'm only seeing 3 rooms with about 15 in each. plus a pile of 1's. Do the full servers not get listed?
Cuda

Irish_JG26
12-17-2004, 06:26 PM
S~

For those seeking a themed Pacific DF server, the War Clouds run a Pacific DF server that is smooth and can handle large numbers.

Tip for the new guys, Dog Fight Servers are fine, but until you jump into the coop missions and really learn to fly and fight on coms with a team, you are still stunting your growth as a pilot. Ideally, decide what you like to fly most and then join up with a good solid squadron. You will speed the learning process emmensely.

IL2 in its many versions is not an easy sim to learn. It takes time, and practice. And for the new guys coming in and flying in dog fights and other coop missions against veterans that have been flying for years together, well you have a steep learning curve and without help it gets easy to get frustrated.

By getting in a squad, the aces can take you under their wing and teach you the tricks of the trade. They are happy to do it cause they know that you will help them to survive and their gruppe to succeed.

My squad: JG26 has flown with the same core group for more than 5 years but we always welcome dedicated new talent. We have our own dedicated comms server and have a few pilots slots open now. Check us out at www.JG26.us (http://www.JG26.us)

If you are a bomber then KG26 is the ticket and if you prefer the black arts the NJG26 is you ticket to the Iron Cross. Also, we fly in the Pacific as: VMF226 US Marines.

If you think you got what it takes come and fly with some of the best. SPAM mode off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Truly, the Hyperlobby with IL2 FB+AEP+PF has some very talented pilots who are very good at what they do. Don't struggle along forever alone. Hook up with some and you will never regret it. Our Gruppe has active pilots from: Germany, Netherlands, England, Scotland, Canada, Turkey, New Zealand, Argentina, and the USA. That is pretty diverse. Most speak English but many of us are bi-lingual.

Irish

chaostech111
12-18-2004, 01:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zanoneclisis:
if u could use time compression online (for every player) i would be admin and hand my finger on those buttons http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that would be called cheating http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Thog-
12-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Irish, the problem with squads is time consumption and conflict. Very few of them are really ok with you just dropping in whenever. I have an extremely erratic schedule, so it's impossible to schedule events for me. They also tend to get jealous if you want to play with anyone else, play on the other side, not fly with them that very minute when you happen to be on... it's like having a girlfriend without the nookie.

Most squads will want you to jump through some flaming hoops first (understandibly. No one wants a whiney pogue in the squad), but that also becomes a pain. And around half the time you discover you don't like the squad.

One of the things that has ironically gotten me -out- of playing AH/WB and various online games has been the tendency for all of the better pilots to not only join squads, but ignore anyone who isn't in one. It's the latter aspect that's toxic to the newbie or someone who wants to drop in occasionally to play, but isn't interested in the administrative aspects of a squad.

That said, if you can deal with the governmental aspects, squad-based missions can be a total blast.

The-Gauntlet
12-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Regarding teams in online games-

I've been in my fair share of squads for online games, most of them First Person Shooters (this is my first online flight sim), and I'd have to agree that there isn't much respect paid toward new players or those not in squads. Despite this speedbump in the learning curve, if the newer player is dedicated enough and really wants to play the game, going up against an entire squad can be a great skill builder.

Servers for new players are great for when they're just taking their first steps, but once they figure out how to handle themselves (in this case, their plane), the best way to reach the next level skill wise is to hop on a normal server and duke it out with the best players. Sometimes learning the hard way is the best way, online games serve as great examples of this.

Back to the topic:

I have the stand alone version of the game (I'm picking up FB and AEP soon) and the most annoying thing is that nobody runs a stand alone server on HL. A few of the squadrons run small servers on Ubi, but flying 4v4 and 5v5 is rather boring. Does anybody know of any stand alone servers on HL?

RAAF_Furball
12-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Shameless free advert: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The RAAF is approaching its 4th Birthday.

In the RAAF, with around 70 members, we have players at every level. You'll find us eager to help newbies and we have fairly lax rules of attendance - join us online when you can.

You'll be guaranteed to meet us every Monday and Tuesday night in Hyperlobby from 8:30 PM (2030 hours) AEST (Australian Eastern Standard or Summer Time), which is 1030 hours GMT / Zulu (during Australian Daylight Savings = 0930 hours GMT / Zulu). At any other time, you're very likely to meet one or more of us online - just fire up Hyperlobby and check.

See my signature block for links to our website.

dewitt1
12-27-2004, 03:34 PM
203Ku_Takasaki i wouldlike to know if u could help me. i get to the lobby and i clik on one of the serveres for pf but it always takes me back to the front and it says that the room is asleepfor bewidth and then it say it wakes up and and does it everyt time and i can never get on the game

Pappy17
12-29-2004, 02:25 PM
I have a router and need to know what ports I need to clear so I can host a server. Where can I find that info?

Latico
12-29-2004, 05:46 PM
A warning to the new guys.

If you join a DF server in HL and you spawn on the tarmack and find the runway surrounded by large structures (very large and tall and out of place) bail out right then.

I have jioned 2 such servers and they amount to what I can only describe as "trap shoots" for the host and there buddies. And if you happen to join the opposing side, you are the clay pigeon.

Here's how they work it.

First of all the creater of the map places large/tall structures all along the sides of the runway sometimes blocking off one end. This insures that you can only take off in one direction. All of the bases are set quite close together which means that it takes hardly any time at all to go from one to the other.

In the difficulty settings they leave the icon "on" so that they (and you) can can see where everybody is. Doesn't do you any good to know where they are because you are already at a dissadvantage as you are just taking off and trying to gain some altitude (which you will never do). They on the other hand are high above and poised to swoop down on you with their CANONS blazing. You don't stand a snowballs chance in a forest fire.

PULL! Boom! Another clay pigeon bights the dust.

Brutii
12-31-2004, 07:33 PM
Just wanted to say this thread has been very helpful for us first-timers, or, at least, for me. I won't be joining servers anytime soon, since my skill level is extremely low. But I'm working on it, trying to get as familiar as possible with the controls and the basic rules and dynamics of air combat. But, I've been wanting to play MP since I picked up PF, so hopefully you'll see me there soon.

AFJ_Locust
01-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Another Tip for New Flyers

Press ESC on your Keyboard that will allow you to go Into the Control Panel & Change or set Key Comands on the fly.

Also Another Solid tip is if your new but somehow find yourself on Ventrilo or being asked to join Ventrilo.
DO THIS FIRST: Run the game on your desktop (do not join a game to do this it wont work) Now click on HARDWARE SETUP then click on SOUND SETUP now click on RADIO....

Now put the Voice Communications Switch in the down position, put the Mic Input Level nob at 50%, Put the Play Mic Clicks switch in the Down Position,Set Transmit Mode to Press to Talk.

This will illiminate the conflictions between Ventrilo & the Ingame comms that NO ONE USES im not sure if it effects teamspeak but just do it anyway !!!

AFJ_Locust
01-06-2005, 10:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Latico:

If you join a DF server in HL and you spawn on the tarmack and find the runway surrounded by large structures (very large and tall and out of place) bail out right then.

I have jioned 2 such servers and they amount to what I can only describe as "trap shoots" for the host and there buddies. And if you happen to join the opposing side, you are the clay pigeon.

Here's how they work it.

First of all the creater of the map places large/tall structures all along the sides of the runway sometimes blocking off one end. This insures that you can only take off in one direction. All of the bases are set quite close together which means that it takes hardly any time at all to go from one to the other.

In the difficulty settings they leave the icon "on" so that they (and you) can can see where everybody is. Doesn't do you any good to know where they are because you are already at a dissadvantage as you are just taking off and trying to gain some altitude (which you will never do). They on the other hand are high above and poised to swoop down on you with their CANONS blazing. You don't stand a snowballs chance in a forest fire.

PULL! Boom! Another clay pigeon bights the dust. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO THATS HILARIOUSE, I THINK IVE BEEN THERE!

lronSight
01-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Anyone know is Hyperlobby supports PF Stand-Alone yet?

jjan
01-16-2005, 08:36 PM
yea, wondering that too,if hyperlobby has any servers running PF stand-alone.
and
where can one get ahold of these energy manuverability charts so us new guys can get some idea what our planes can do.
I'd hazard the guess that the zero is the angles fighter so what would be the energy fighter to shoot him down? and so on and so forth.

Nemisis_WOF
01-19-2005, 06:35 AM
Hi guys wonderig if you can answer a question regarding MP for me?

I fly on the Hyperlobby, usually doing dogfights, but my Squad are looking at starting a dedicated server, and we want to know if it is possible to join a MP Co-op flight after it has started? I know you can join Dogfights at anytime after it has started but is this also possible with a Co-op mission?

If so what are the limitations, ie can you leave if you are shot down and rejoin in another available flight that is onroute or already flying or do you have to start again from the Airfield?

Thanks in advance.

Nemisis WOF

Nipps_brown
01-19-2005, 09:47 PM
this thread saved me alot of time ... even though i wasted 4 hours tryin to connect ...Thanks guys

badinage
01-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Well i just got this game but I did not have the IL2 or forgotten battles. The problem Im finding is that there is an incredible dearth of stand-alone servers. THis is exasperated by noone labeling their servers correctly. I set up ALl Seeing eye to work with this and basically, went down the list clicking on every single one, starting the game, getting a wrong version error message, and then trying the next one. I found there is a total of "1" stand alone server there, and its always empty. Does Ubi.com or HL have their own list of servers, cuz that woulndt make any sense. And before you go on about the great value of IL2 gold pack, Its not gonna happen, its this game or nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

stevedeth2004
01-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Here is a dumb question, How can you set up a joystick and bind the PF FB program before going online. I noticed that going PF there is one set that I did before I knew what I was doing, that is not the same as the FB. I found the threads on some pre-programmed X45 files that work within the saitek program but was just wondering on this. (I got kicked off a server for the first time because I was on the tamack setting up the stick.

CedarTree89
02-20-2005, 07:48 PM
WHen i try and log into the standalone, all i get it this error message as seen below.

http://img218.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img218&image=blah3rd.jpg

jackkelso
02-21-2005, 11:16 AM
I recently reformated and reinstalled up to the most recent PF patch merged. I can join HL easily but cannot join games by IP for some reason. Is there a fix for this?

Drunken_Moose
02-22-2005, 09:28 AM
So I actually tried IL2 (PF+AEP+FB) online yesterday, I must say it was all of an experience.

It's great to help someone with an enemy plane on his/her tail and to see so much planes flying around!

It was the first time I went to 3500m high and I can say my Zero was getting shaky and eventually stalled http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I wanted to know, can you filter servers in HL? Right now, I'm too noob to fly with the cockpit on, I need to take it off. I also need external views.

Can I filter the servers to those criterias?

Thanks!

jdalgleish
02-23-2005, 01:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackkelso:
I recently reformated and reinstalled up to the most recent PF patch merged. I can join HL easily but cannot join games by IP for some reason. Is there a fix for this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I too am unable to utilize the 'Search for Local Servers' command with v3.04. I've had no problems connecting with HL. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

joe3rd
02-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Latico, In those situtations try using a flying tank such as the Stuka or IL2 as both have rear gunners that will fire automatically for ya, and are designed to take lots of abuse.
I use the IL2 all the time as my connect speed on dialup is rarely over 33kps.
It seems the slow speed (below 200km/h) of these planes and ability to turn at low speeds and altitudes really screws the high speed hotdogs up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif
Just fly low (about 150m) and level when takin off and use your rudder for turns Not your Roll and watch em dive on ya and so not be able to pull out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif
LoL and if they come low at ya you've got 20mm cannons up front and a tail gunner with a nasty attitude watchin your six.
Both the Stuka and the IL2 are ground attack planes granted but when in that situtation those planes will take the abuse and dish it back to em!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Latico:

Here's how they work it.

PULL! Boom! Another clay pigeon bights the dust. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CorsairDill
03-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I joined my first multiplayer game last night, and tried to join about 10 different servers this morning but always get the following message:

"The communication with remote host is lost. Reason: you have been kicked from server"

I can join empty servers but none with players in them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I have FB+AEP+PF patched to 3.04m

WOODY01
03-09-2005, 03:13 AM
And for anyone out there in the Australasia regon there is the VAAF (www.vaaf.com (http://www.vaaf.com)) we have a dedicated server able to take up to...well prolly 64 players with out breaking a sweat. (Huge pipe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif)We have our own dedicated comms server (teamspeak) and a great bunch of guys that love to fly and fight together. we usually meet on our Mirc channel, natter all night and games are orginised from there. I see RAAF_Furballs post above and Im not trying to stand on the RAAF's toes or anything, but thats what this thread is about, letting others know what MP options are out there, as you can see we dont really follow the norm with HL and the like, we find it works better the way we do it (fantastic haveing all the people in the same regon for ping ect...) as most of our games are orginised through chat in Mirc our games are mostly direct ip, which seems a very simple way of getting a game together. So if your in New Zealand, Australia, or anywhere near come and check us out, weve built a fantastic community of pilots based on respect and fun.

And too the RAAF guys, you guys sound like a similer bunch to us, casual, fun ect... Maybe its high time we orginise some lite sparring matches, or traing flights or something, I think it would be great for both outfits.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~plaustin/mypic17.jpg

ronindanbo
04-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I cant find many Pacific Fighter only MP's and do you think I can by FB Gold in this part of the world???? nope, Does anyone know of a really good PF MP server at all?

unforgiven418
05-16-2005, 06:56 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gifo what i don't understand is i have PF stand alone and just bought and installedforgotten battle gold pack and the updates and still can't get on any servers??

SPYDuckDodgers
05-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Hello all, How does this game compare to Fighter
Ace?

mjr_health
05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
You would have to install them in oter. FB, AEP the PF with the merged install. Otherwise it wont work.

zuberx6
05-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Is there a place to download a profile for a Saitek Joystick I checked thier website but PF was'nt listed.

Thanks

LaN__24
05-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Hey guys, the Link from the 1st page of this thread is not working, Is there anywhere else you can download the software to play online?

zuberx6
06-01-2005, 10:58 AM
I need a profile for a x45 stick.

And when i'm in hyperlobby game screen how do I talk in chat someone told me to hit enter type message then enter again but it doesnt work my main trigger is set to fire on the enter key could that be why?

Thanks

zuberx6
06-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Lan_24 got to hyperlobby.sk that is where all the flyers are

zuberx6
06-01-2005, 02:18 PM
http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1#16

A good place to start

Vlad381
06-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I just registered with the ubi.com thing for multiplayer games but I can't find any lobbys doing FB+AEP+PF. I can only find FB+AEP or PF standalone, neither are compatible with mine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

am I looking in the wrong place?

Vlad381
06-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Also, can I use my combined install to play FB only srevers or would that also be incompatible?

cheers

Vlad381
06-09-2005, 02:32 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif never mind, I found out myself and played my 1st online IL2 game. Im a bit annoyed now though because everyones got 4.00m and I dont, nor do I want to get it until its official. GRR!!!

ring72
06-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by jackkelso:
I recently reformated and reinstalled up to the most recent PF patch merged. I can join HL easily but cannot join games by IP for some reason. Is there a fix for this?

Uninstall Ubi.com and then re-install it. This worked for me.

Z06MMVII
06-20-2005, 02:20 PM
OMFG THIS GAME HAS MORE CRAZY RULES THAN BLOCKBUSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z06MMVII
06-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Metallicaner:
this topic is only confusing the new pilots

you have no idea how confusing this is right now.

RAAF_Furball
06-21-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by WOODY01:
And too the RAAF guys, you guys sound like a similer bunch to us, casual, fun ect... Maybe its high time we orginise some lite sparring matches, or traing flights or something, I think it would be great for both outfits.

G'day Woody - dunno how I missed this one - yes, an inter-squad Match sounds like a great idea. I've posted in your Message Board. Hope we can organise one soon.

bongwater678
07-11-2005, 08:33 PM
How can i play online, how do i change the exe.file? cant join in ubi. com lobby, says i dont have pf dogfight installed , though i do. hyper cant find the exe.. can anyone please help?

bongwater678
07-13-2005, 10:55 PM
By the way, all i have is PF standalone. Looks like FB is the hottest of em all. I should get that. All I want to do is play online. I fell I wasted my money cus I cant join a fricken game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RAAF_Furball
07-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">bongwater678</span>:
How can i play online, how do i change the exe.file? cant join in ubi. com lobby, says i dont have pf dogfight installed , though i do. hyper cant find the exe.. can anyone please help?

Suggest you uninstall/reinstall ubi.com.

To start HL and use a different version of the game (in different folder) from the default:

- disconnect
- hold CTR/Shift and click Connect
- search for the exe file in the folder you want
- double-click on it
- click save
- connect

Originally posted by <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">bongwater678</span>:
By the way, all i have is PF standalone. Looks like FB is the hottest of em all. I should get that. All I want to do is play online. I fell I wasted my money cus I cant join a fricken game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that ubi.com will allow both standalone and merged, but don't use ubi.com. Last time I was there (years ago) there were no realistic games being hosted. Have only used HL since.

Most (if not all) games hosted in HL are merged only.

You won't regret buying FB & AEP.

To install FB/AEP/PF, refer ==> http://www.raafsquad.com/msgbrd/viewtopic.php?t=563

Good Luck - let us know how you go?

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Z06MMVII </span>- do you have a problem you need help with or are you just generally confused? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ango214
08-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Just got the game & looks like it will be fun if i can play online. Thought the game was dead from the # of ppl in ubi soft lobby. Thanks for the info here in where to go play, the game itself did me no favors.I got hyperlobby d/load & have prob to register not sure if the 4.1 patch has any thing to do with or not. This is the first game i have ever bought where i have to hunt where most ppl play. User friendly is not a term i would use for online play in this game. I will work a bit longer to try & get online, I hate to think the money i just spent was a waste( but i am right next door to that thought)

RAAF_Furball
08-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Ango214:
Just got the game & looks like it will be fun if i can play online. It's well worth the effort, mate.

Originally posted by Ango214:
hyperlobby prob to register not sure if the 4.1 patch has any thing to do with 4.1 patch has no effect on HL.
What (exactly) problem are you having with registration ?

Cosmo_K
08-13-2005, 09:13 PM
http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz

HTTP 404 Not Found

is it down or is it just me? tried on august 23 2005

thnx

RAAF_Furball
08-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Yes, it is down .... unusual http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

(You meant 13 August.)

moran101740
08-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by jagd_rc:
OK, silly question but I'm at my witts end here!!! I even emailed UBI with no response.

I'm trying to host a game at UBI.com I follow the links and the game starts just fine. I have a router and have open ports 21000 and 21010 and I'm not running a firewall.

No one can join my room. How does a normal average player host a game? I don't have any interest in HL or any of this other stuff. I just want to host using the game I paid for and I can't do it. Further more UBI won't respond with any tech help either. But here I read over and over about how helpfull UBI is blah blah blah...

Anyway, can someone put into plain english for the rest of us how to host a game over the UBI server PLEASE!!!!

~S~

moran101740
08-21-2005, 07:19 PM
i'm having trouble hosting a gome through my linksysBEFW11S4 v4. can you help me out?

as343
09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I am in a pickle, and was wondering if anyone could get me out of this mess: I have bought the gold pack from the stores and then purchased pacific figthers through and online download at http://direct2drive.com/248/product/Buy-Pacific-Fighters-Download
Now I dont know how to do a 'merge' install since all they give me is the exe. file, so what can i do?

RAAF_Furball
09-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by as343:
(snip) ...... I dont know how to do a 'merge' install since all they give me is the exe. file, so what can i do?
You just need to install each game (and Patches) in the correct sequence, mate - go here ==> http://www.raafsquad.com/msgbrd/viewtopic.php?t=563 for the install sequence. Good Luck.

=================

Originally posted by moran101740:
(snip) ...... can someone put into plain english for the rest of us how to host a game over the UBI server PLEASE!!!!
Can't help you with ubi.com hosting, sorry.

I strongly suggest you use Hyperlobby !
Why do you "have no interest in HL"?

InCiSiOn89
10-20-2005, 08:23 AM
If i have everything ready to go and play online what do i do? do i click multi play or is there something else i have to do because i see some people with links to somewhere?.....

doctordirt1
10-23-2005, 05:47 AM
When I try to go on line with ubi I get the message that Active X is not enabled on my computer. I think that I do not have the correct version installed. I have done everything that the ubi tech people suggested and the problem is still not fixed. Where can I download the correct version of Active X. Also tell me what is the correct version.
thanx - Cliff

RAAF_Furball
10-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by InCiSiOn89:
If i have everything ready to go and play online what do i do? do i click multi play or is there something else i have to do because i see some people with links to somewhere?..... <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Pacific Fighters standalone (& FB & FB/Aces)</span> - navigate via Start menu to Ubi.com
or
start game, click on Multiplay, then Play on Ubi

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Pacific Fighters merged</span> - Hyperlobby

Originally posted by doctordirt1:
.... Active X problem
thanx - Cliff
I've put your questions and some answers that may help here - http://www.raafsquad.com/msgbrd/viewtopic.php?t=688

SoltanGris
10-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Yes, the hyperlobby link is to a web site that isn't for Pacific Fighters. Could somone please direct me to the online play.

RAAF_Furball
10-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by SoltanGris:
Yes, the hyperlobby link is to a web site that isn't for Pacific Fighters. Could somone please direct me to the online play. This link to HL works - and also see the Forums there ==>
http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=5

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Hyperlobby does have a "Room" for Pacific Fighters (Standalone), but most people fly the merged version via the Forgotten Battles "Room".</span>

See my post above and use your Start menu - or did you not install "ubi.com" when you installed the game?

dieg777
11-04-2005, 01:09 AM
please see here for info

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/8481096373

VMF-214_toXic
11-25-2005, 05:52 AM
Can anyone recommend servers geared towards noobs like myself?

triad773
12-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I second that request: I have been playing this game for just over a year and have been gradually warming up to getting online. Have even bought a second set of game CDs and set up a little LAN between my regular rig and a laptop. Can tell you it makes all the difference in the world playing against a real pilot vs. AI. But the local competition (on my LAN anyway) leaves a lot to be desired.

I also have found it helpful to play through a dynamic campaign and spend time watching tracks to see what other planes (on both sides) do. The recommendation earlier in this thread about using your rudder to throw off an attacker works great: until the dude on your 6 gets so close they can't miss.

Cheers!

Triad773

robert135
01-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Are there any hyperlobby sites that are in english??

I can only pull up czech stuff..

Doh, the answer is already been posted...look like 3 or 4 posts up for the answer

Duckota
01-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 203Ku_Takasaki:
I thought I would start this thread because when I first bought IL2 and FB I simply thought no one played online because hardly anyone was ever playing in the Ubisoft Servers. I really wished I would have known where the community played online from the start. Let's do the PF new ones a favor and keep this thread up top so they know how to get the most out of MP which I think will grow this community.

This is where most us play online...

The when is 24 hours a day. The IL2, FB, PF series is truly international. You will find players online around the clock.

As for the how, simply download and install the Hyperlobby Client. For now Pacific Fighters servers are under "Forgotten Battles". Hopefully there will be a stand alone "Pacific Fighters" room soon. Until then, all PF servers are hosted in the Forgotten Battles room.

If you want to play PF online you need to know that you can only join a server than runs the same version you are running. There are 2 types of servers. Servers that run FB/AEP/PF (Forgotten Battles/Ace Expansion Pack/Pacific Fighters), and the stand alone Pacific Fighters. If you only have Pacific Fighters, you can only join a stand alone Pacific Fighters server. Because most servers are run by community veterans, most servers are FB/AEP/PF. Only players who own all 3 of these games (this becomes a combined install) can play in these servers.

If your new to this community because of Pacific Fighters, I strongly suggest you purchase the "Gold Pack" which will give you the complete series and the ability to play in all servers. I believe you can pick it up for $29.99 (U.S.) in most places.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/241057.jpg

Welcome to the IL2 community!

If anyone wants to add anything I might have left out please do so. If not, welcome these folks by bumping this thread.

---------------

That HyperLobby link is czech.
I can't read it

RAAF_Furball
01-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Duckota:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 203Ku_Takasaki:
---------------

That HyperLobby link is czech.
I can't read it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go here instead - http://hyperfighter.sk/ (English site)

dutchbull1984
01-16-2006, 01:14 PM
I just bought pacific fighters after a mothn of playing FB. So im kinda new. i hear evryone is palying the merged version. But now i have a question: I have FB And PF can i play on those merged serverd or do i have to buy de aces expension to?

RAAF_Furball
01-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Yes, you need AEP.

"Merged" Pacific Fighters = FB+AEP+PF.

There is a Gold Pack of FB & AEP which might be easier to find than AEP on its own.

Refer - FB, AEP, PF INSTALL SEQUENCE (http://www.raafsquad.com/msgbrd/viewtopic.php?t=563)

bigt_12
03-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi I have a dumb question to ask which I'm sure you've probably answered about a 100 times already but I figure its probably quicker for me to ask instead reading tons of threads searching for the answer. Anyway, I've just purchased PF and I have AEP coming soon. Do I need FB or does the 2004 version of AEP take care of the FB portion? Thanks any assistance you can provide me.

Crash_Moses
03-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Yup. You need FB in order to play the merged install (FB+AEP+PF). In fact, you need FB to install AEP. You can still play Pacific Fighters standalone on UBI.com or in the PF standalone room on HyperLobby.

Also, I have a question of my own to any and all that may have an answer. I've read through the thread and didn't see anyone mention bandwidth.

We recently moved to the country and I lost my broadband. We're about four miles from the CO and there are a couple of load coils between us and it (and a few wet splices I suspect) and I'm lucky if I get a 33.6 connection via analog modem.

I've managed to hop on a few lightly populated servers in Hyperlobby and haven't had any serious issues but what I was wondering was, does anyone have any modem tweaks specific to IL-2/PF that would help minimize lag and/or any advice as to which servers us poor dial-up folk would be welcome on and which ones we should avoid?

Feel free to get as technical as you like. I'll just nod politely and pretend I understand.

RAAF_Furball
03-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bigt_12:
Do I need FB or does the 2004 version of AEP take care of the FB portion? Thanks any assistance you can provide me.
You might also be interested in details of an "Ultimate Edition" - a DVD version of FB+AEP+PF - http://www.raafsquad.com/msgbrd/viewtopic.php?t=796 "Included in the Ultimate Edition is: IL2 Forgotten Battles, Aces Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters."

Snowman1025
03-08-2006, 08:51 AM
How do I talk in HyperLobby games?

Crash_Moses
03-08-2006, 10:33 PM
To type a message to everyone on the server you just hit the tilde key (next to the one) or the key you have assigned in the controls menu.

For actual voice communications almost everybody uses TeamSpeak. Google it and you can find where to download it. The servers that use it usually post the IP address and password (if any) in the server description on Hyperlobby or in the map view once you've joined the server. I don't recommend using this if you're on dial-up.

I don't know of anyone who uses the game's built in voice system and I believe the general consensus is that it either doesn't work very well or induces to much lag. I've never used it and can't qaulify that personally.

Hope that helps.

The_Slovenian3
03-13-2006, 08:19 AM
i donnot hav a "play it at Ubi.com" button at multyplay menu . whats up whit that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif
now i cannot play on net because i not now any of the ip adresses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Crash_Moses
03-13-2006, 08:52 PM
You need to run Ubi's Game Service program (aka The Lobby) in order to fly on Ubi's servers. It is launched before you start Pacific Fighters.

I believe the latest version can be found here:

http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/packages/GameService.exe

locoloco1592
03-14-2006, 09:36 AM
I enjoy very much flying early WWII aircraft...
Bf 109 E, Hurricane, Buffalo B-239, Hawk 81 and it seems to me that these early models are not very popular in the online aerial battlefields.
Am I wrong? (My online experience is limited).
If so, can anyone recommend me some places where I could join and fly with those airplanes.

Thanking you in advance.

The_Slovenian3
03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Crash_Moses:
You need to run Ubi's Game Service program (aka The Lobby) in order to fly on Ubi's servers. It is launched before you start Pacific Fighters.

I believe the latest version can be found here:

http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/packages/GameService.exe

thank you very very mutch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Crash_Moses
03-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Belay that last. I found the answer to my original question in the Community Help forum.

Dialup users! School circle and listen up!

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/4611068914

Crash_Moses
03-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Just had to sing the praises of Air Group 51's new(ish) PTO server. Been having a blast there for a couple of weeks but it needs more visitors!

So consider this an unofficial plug...

During your next visit to HL, scroll waaay down and click on Pacific Conflict. AG-51 has populated the fun historical maps (well, the Pacific Islands map is just plain fun but the Gaudalcanal map rocks!) with plenty of targets for us ground pounders and you can fly the B-25, Betty, SBDs, D3A1...oh, and I think they have some fighters too.

Most of the maps are objective based so I've been getting plenty of practice flying between flak bursts but my tailgunner is getting bored.

Sooo...if you like full-real and you're not afraid of an old Jarhead in a big, fat, slow bomber...stop on by and visit my six (hehehe).

S!

LS_Mart
03-30-2006, 06:16 AM
Little help for a noob online?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What is the best/friendliest UK server??

Thanks

Tinkle
04-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey fallas, just came to introduce myself. I use to play a little PF stand-alone and then stoppedd for a while. Now im back with FB+AEP+PF merged! See ya on the killing fields

Crash_Moses
04-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Welcome back!

S!

Baraba2006
05-18-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Crash_Moses:
Welcome back!

S! how do i go on PF to a server

Baraba2006
05-18-2006, 06:42 AM
i need a server adrees or what?

Apocalypse81
05-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi Im new to IL2 online, im patched up and have the full merger. I was just wondering how it all works online, what kind of game types are there and maps etc. also can you crew a plane with other people etc. and obviously i suspect there is no accelarated time. Please just let me now generaly what is possible and what goes on etc.

Apocalypse81
05-20-2006, 05:23 PM
well tried it out, just dogfighting good fun, what control methods do you guys use, i find the default setup a bit to heavy...keep stalling because im turning to heavy etc. any suggestions?

Crash_Moses
05-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Baraba2006:
i need a server adrees or what?

Are you running Pacific Fighters standalone or FB+AEP+PF+PE?

Regardless, you'll need HyperLobby. You can find it here: http://hyperfighter.sk/

S!

Crash_Moses
05-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Apocalypse81:
well tried it out, just dogfighting good fun, what control methods do you guys use, i find the default setup a bit to heavy...keep stalling because im turning to heavy etc. any suggestions?

Depends on what joystick setup you have. I'm using an old set of Thrustmaster TQS/F22 joysticks with CH Pro pedals. My settings in conf.ini are:

[rts_joystick]
1X=0 5 10 20 32 48 62 75 89 100 100 0
1Y=0 3 8 17 29 41 54 66 81 95 100 0
Z=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
1RZ=0 30 45 62 87 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
FF=1
U=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
V=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
1Z=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0

These work great for me (I can actually fly in formation now!) but every joystick is different.

Lord_Kronox
06-19-2006, 05:52 AM
www.hyperlobby.com (http://www.hyperlobby.com) link goes to some hackers website. I cant play the game online and am getting very frustrated with it. Someone please help because i love this sim just want some online action. Too bad the developers cant make the game serv its own players from within the game like oh lets say ghost recon advanced warfighter and countless other games.
Have to be a net wizard just to play. Very obscure.

locoloco1592
06-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Try this...

http://hyperfighter.sk/

You´ll find everything you need there.

Destroyer110
07-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Kronox:
www.hyperlobby.com (http://www.hyperlobby.com) link goes to some hackers website. I cant play the game online and am getting very frustrated with it. Someone please help because i love this sim just want some online action. Too bad the developers cant make the game serv its own players from within the game like oh lets say ghost recon advanced warfighter and countless other games.
Have to be a net wizard just to play. Very obscure.

I find Online play too stuttery, planes your chasing don't fly cleanly, there all over the place. You see them climbing in one frame, the next frame they're below you? etc I think you need ultra fast broadband.

Plus beware of some of the sickos who get online, once they know your IP address you might get stalked. You'll see the verbal abuse once you get back to the lobby. Makes you wonder who's admining these servers.

RAAF_Furball
07-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Destroyer110:
I find Online play too stuttery .........
We set our server - and all pilots' Network setting - to 28.8. There are as many theories on Network settings as there are settings, but our testing has shown that 28.8 works best for us. Another well-held theory is that all pilots - and the server - must be on the same setting - even ISDN.

once they know your IP address you might get stalked .......
I'm not aware of any way of being able to get one's IP via HL.

You'll see the verbal abuse once you get back to the lobby.
You're playing on the wrong servers, mate !
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Crash_Moses
07-06-2006, 05:02 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Yup. I fly 28.8 and have no problems at all (well...occasionally my line goes all to !@#$% but that's the phone company fer ya).

It can take awhile to log on to the server if it's already populated but once I'm in everything is spiffy. Smooth as silk.

As fer the rest...I'd have to agree with Furball...yer hangin' with the wrong crowd...

S!

willie1963
07-21-2006, 06:53 AM
IAM SO GLAD U GUYS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'AM HAVING A BIT OF A PROBLEM W/PF. KEYS AND JOY STICK WORK WELL OFFLINE BUT WHEN I TRY TO PLAY ON LINE THEY DON'T WORK WHAT IAM I DOING WRONG?

willie1963
07-21-2006, 06:55 AM
IAM SO GLAD U GUYS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'AM HAVING A BIT OF A PROBLEM W/PF. KEYS AND JOY STICK WORK WELL OFFLINE BUT WHEN I TRY TO PLAY ON LINE THEY DON'T WORK WHAT IAM I DOING WRONG? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Crash_Moses
07-26-2006, 05:20 AM
Ahhhhh! My ears! Stop shouting! (all caps) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gonna need some more info,lad. When you say they work well off-line as opposed to on-line do you mean they don't work at all or you just get shot down a lot more on-line?

S!

Eagle1_Division
08-25-2006, 05:41 PM
How do I get started online, the only 2 links ive found are for hyperlobby(which has 0 ppl on it and idk how to make an account to play) and for hyperfighters, which lead to hyperlobby, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif (that smily was begging to be used (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and if it is hyper lobby, I dont c any PF+FB+AEP servers, what are they called if im missing them? btw it'll be pretty neat if the ppl online r as positive as the ppl on the forums.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif BTW(again) where can I manage my forum account?

iQv_nuclear
09-19-2006, 10:16 PM
So I've been flying around HL once and a while, whenever school permits, and it's great. I really suck, but I don't care. My question is: how do I get 4.05m? Is it worth it or should I just wait until I know how to fly before doing that?

hsweet342
11-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I am not sure where to ask this question, since the threads where I need to ask seem to be old. My friend and I are trying to set up a dedicated server (not hyperlobby). By we have two issues / questions:
1. We do not have GUI (daemon or whatever can be used to provide use with each of access) so we are using DOS-based screen. Where can we find a good GUI to set the the server up with ease.
2. When we do get the server to work we can only do so in Dog fight mode. We want to do coops bombing etc. Do you know what we need to do to get this to work?

Thank you.

Madstarr
12-06-2006, 09:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Ok i have been playing IL2 for a few years now and now have the merged version FP+FB+AEP. I have patched it up to the 404M version and i have installed the hyperlobby. But when i go there every time i try to get into a game i get the message that my version is incompatible with the version being played..

Does anyone know where i can play on the internet using the FP+FB+AEP 4.04M version game?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Maulovitz
12-07-2006, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Madstarr:

Does anyone know where i can play on the internet using the FP+FB+AEP 4.04M version game?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Yep, there's a lot of guys who's still not gotten the upgrade - including myself - most are waiting for 4.07 (you can get that on DVD)..

But on Hyperlobby the most common 4.04m servers are 'The Big Top', 'AJF', 'UK-Dedicated_1' - hope this helps.

Madstarr
12-07-2006, 05:26 PM
"But on Hyperlobby the most common 4.04m servers are 'The Big Top', 'AJF', 'UK-Dedicated_1' - hope this helps."

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye out for them.

Madstarr
12-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Ok http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

It seems i have been loading patches and the patches have not been loading.

I got the latest version of hyperlobby and went online and kept on getting messages about not being able to connect to the servers because i did not have the right version. I started my game up and on the starting screen i read Ver 4.01m . So i shake my head and i look again, sure enough things have not changed it is still 4.01. So i go and get my patch 4.02m and install it. then i start the game again sure enough good old Ver 4.01m is still smiling back at me.

So what is happening here? Does anyone know why version 4.02m is loading but not being activated when i start up the game?

Thanks for any insight.

Chats_945
12-13-2006, 12:10 AM
you need the 4.04 patch Go here be sure of the patch your getting if you are installing the stand alone version then you need the patches for that so on
http://ftp.ubi.com/us/games/pacific_fighters/dedicated_servers/

ktickner6767
12-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I've been playing this game online for years and now all of the sudden my HpyerLobby stoped working. Perhaps I need to update the HyperLobby software but, I can not find it online anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

RAAF_Furball
12-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Eagle1_Division</span>:
How do I get started online? Hyperlobby is the place!

I dont c any PF+FB+AEP servers. Access PF+FB+AEP games via the "Forgotten Battles" game option (the name hasn't changed as we've upgraded and the game has changed names)

Where can I manage my forum account? menu above GO | Personal Zone | Profile

Originally posted by <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Madstarr</span>:
"But on Hyperlobby the most common 4.04m servers are 'The Big Top', 'AJF', 'UK-Dedicated_1' - hope this helps."
Our _RAAF_Server currently runs v4.04 as well.

Originally posted by <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">ktickner6767</span>:
update the HyperLobby software Hyperlobby download is here, mate ==> http://hyperfighter.sk/

bdc_p
12-30-2006, 02:57 PM
i bought IL 2 sturmovik 1946 for christmas
i have no clue were to go to play online.

And is there a better way to learn the basics?

And as you can see this is my first post ever....

RAAF_Furball
12-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Happy New Year, <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">bdc_p</span>.

Since this is your first post, I'll be polite.

Your question re where to go, has already been answered - see my post immediately above yours.

As for "And is there a better way to learn the basics?" ..... better than what, mate? Here are some suggestions ......

- run through the tutorials - can be a bit boring, but very enlightening
- practice offline
- play the campaigns
- join a friendly group (clan) to learn more.

Even if you don't join a group, just playing in an online game, you'll meet up with many friendly people who will be only too happy to help a newbie learn the ropes.
(My own RAAF Squadron is a good example - look for our boys in HL. Expect to be shot down a few times, of course.) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bdc_p
12-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Happy new year to you aswell.

thanks

I will take a while before i go play online because ill be training for now.
U will be sure to hear from me again soon possible in a RAAF server.

And you are a pilot in real life?
from what I see on you website.

RAAF_Furball
12-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Good Luck, mate - see you online soon.

Most people are now running the 4071 version - go here for the patch ==> http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/3231022815 - 22mb download.

No, I'm not a pilot - just a wannabe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NSAdonis85
01-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Hello,

I am Adonis (I'm known mostly like that, others are versions of that nick).

I've been trying to enter MP games, since 4.01 but I can't, I get the Timeout error all the time.

I'm NSAdonis @ Hyperlobby.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
"Tracers work both ways!"
"Incoming fire has the right of way."
"If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid."
"The enemy diversion you're ignoring is their main attack."
"Five second fuses always burn three seconds."
"The easy way is always mined."
"If you are short of everything but the enemy, you are in the combat zone."
"If the enemy is within range, so are you."
>>Murphy

bdc_p
01-05-2007, 09:55 AM

RAAF_Furball
01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by NSAdonis85:
I've been trying to enter MP games, since 4.01 but I can't, I get the Timeout error all the time. Google the error number you get - there are lotsa (and lotsa solutions). Come back if still having probs.

Relyeabw
01-17-2007, 02:57 PM
furball do you guys ahve a PF standalone server, and if so can you pos the IP address?

RAAF_Furball
01-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Sorry mate - no PF S/A. Try Hyperlobby - choose Pacific Fighters.

We fly merged FB + AEP + PF - either 1946 (4.071) or 4.04 (until all our guys have 1946).

Bugga - that sounds more confusing that it should be - hope it makes sense. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

We meet in Hyperlobby (choosing Forgotten Battles). Most of the regulars have moved to 1946 now.

wonmoi
02-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Hi friends,
I have PF stand alone & all seeing eye & I can only find 1 PF server with one player! BTW, can anyone advise me how to take off from a carrier? I can't seem to detach my plane. I'm a newbie!

Duff4r
03-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Open the game Controls and scan down to "Toggle Chocks". See if there is a command assigned to it....if not, add one.

S!

Poseidon_142
03-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi

Can any one tell me where to get hyprlobby as I can't find it any where?

Poseidon

judgerw
03-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Here ig is Poseidon:

http://hyperfighter.sk/

lexbaby45
04-10-2007, 04:42 PM
When is the multiplayer going to be up i just started and asking that when is it going to be up and do i have to be in a clan/squadron or just on my own

klc_237
07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Ok, I've read the entire thread and either I missed the answer to my question, or it just isn't clear enough for me. I've been playing online via Hyperlobby on the PF standalone servers and there are at most 15 people on at a time with maybe 7-8 people on one map at most at a time. I'd really rather upgrade to one of the IL-2 games so I can play against more opponents and have more options alltogether.

It is my understanding that the latest version is 4.08 (1946?) via the latest patch of 4.07 (original 1946).

So, in order to play online with them most opponents, on the most up-to-date version, would my best bet be to buy IL-2 1946 or IL-2: Forgotten Battles Gold Pack?

crucislancer
07-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by klc_237:
Ok, I've read the entire thread and either I missed the answer to my question, or it just isn't clear enough for me. I've been playing online via Hyperlobby on the PF standalone servers and there are at most 15 people on at a time with maybe 7-8 people on one map at most at a time. I'd really rather upgrade to one of the IL-2 games so I can play against more opponents and have more options alltogether.

It is my understanding that the latest version is 4.08 (1946?) via the latest patch of 4.07 (original 1946).

So, in order to play online with them most opponents, on the most up-to-date version, would my best bet be to buy IL-2 1946 or IL-2: Forgotten Battles Gold Pack?

Get IL-2 1946, which is version 4.07m, then download the v4.08m patch. You will be good to go at that point, and will have many more opponents to fly against. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

klc_237
07-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by crucislancer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by klc_237:

Get IL-2 1946, which is version 4.07m, then download the v4.08m patch. You will be good to go at that point, and will have many more opponents to fly against. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So with v4.08m I would go to the "Forgotten Battles" room on Hyperlobby? That room seems to have the most people in it.

crucislancer
07-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by klc_237:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crucislancer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by klc_237:

Get IL-2 1946, which is version 4.07m, then download the v4.08m patch. You will be good to go at that point, and will have many more opponents to fly against. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So with v4.08m I would go to the "Forgotten Battles" room on Hyperlobby? That room seems to have the most people in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right. I think there might be a few servers on the Forgotten Battles room that use v4.07m, but most have 4.08m now.

I've only just started playing online myself, so I'm not too keen on what the best servers are, but I spend a boatload of time on UK Dedicated 1 last night, and had a blast, and there are lots of folks on SpitsVs109s and ZekesVsHellcats.

klc_237
07-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by crucislancer:
That's right. I think there might be a few servers on the Forgotten Battles room that use v4.07m, but most have 4.08m now.

I've only just started playing online myself, so I'm not too keen on what the best servers are, but I spend a boatload of time on UK Dedicated 1 last night, and had a blast, and there are lots of folks on SpitsVs109s and ZekesVsHellcats.
Awesome, thanks!

<----- Just ordered 1946 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

shagran
07-18-2007, 04:39 AM
What shall I do!!!!
After I install the IL2 1946 and install the patch 4.08 also I couldn't play online
When I press on the multiplayer then join its gave me a server #:2100
What is that??? Then I install the last patch the server patch and still cannot play online

MaxMhz
07-18-2007, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by shagran:
What shall I do!!!!
After I install the IL2 1946 and install the patch 4.08 also I couldn't play online
What is that??? Then I install the last patch the server patch and still cannot play online
The in-game Multiplayer is for 'play by IP' (when you know the IP of the host) or Local network play

You should :

Goto www.hyperfighter.sk (http://www.hyperfighter.sk) - download the "Client" from the internal or the external links provided (all the same thing). Read the manual (in the menu to the left). Install the client, select a user name and password,,make a use account and double click any of the games in the client to start online play. Any problems ask in the UBI forums, Airwarfare/Mission4today forums or the Hyperfighter forums.
Online play is ALWAYS entered through a client program. Either UBI Gameservice (not many there) or Hyperlobby (the client program you downloaded from www.hyperfighter.sk) (http://www.hyperfighter.sk)). You don't start the game. The client program does that for you.

Sturmovik 1946 is a version of Forgotten Battles. At this moment you can have v4.07m or v4.08m
PF standalone is not played much anymore online.
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">all players need the exact same version to play</span>
v4.08m is played online by 99.99% (until v4.09m gets released). within 6 months you will not be able to find a standalone PF game. - Look at IL-2 Sturmovik (the original IL-2) at hyperlobby - that's the way it goes. The game and it's updates are A LOT less expensive than keeping your system up to date or your monthly internet subscription.

you DO NOT 'need' highspeed internet, although it DOES help - 56k will suffice. You can even host a game with 2 players well on 56k

The game needs about 10 kbps UPLOAD per player.
do a check at www.speedtest.net (http://www.speedtest.net) and do the math http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
It can supply you with a picture link to your results which can be pasted in your post on most forums including these http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Like this:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/156483859.png (http://www.speedtest.net)
Just click the picture to test your connection.

shagran
07-20-2007, 02:00 AM
i did all what u said
but when the game started its said connected 2 the server
then its gave me Connection atempt to remote host failed. reason: timeout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

delsol7
11-16-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm getting run-time error 481 - invalid picture on HL. Anyone has solution to this?

RAAF_Furball
12-08-2007, 10:02 PM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">My main reason for posting was to congatulate MaxMhz on an excellent post (and to repeat it at the top of this page for others) ......</span>
Originally posted by MaxMhz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shagran:
What shall I do!!!!
The in-game Multiplayer is for 'play by IP' (when you know the IP of the host) or Local network play

You should :

Goto www.hyperfighter.sk (http://www.hyperfighter.sk) - download the "Client" from the internal or the external links provided (all the same thing). Read the manual (in the menu to the left). Install the client, select a user name and password,,make a use account and double click any of the games in the client to start online play. Any problems ask in the UBI forums, Airwarfare/Mission4today forums or the Hyperfighter forums.
Online play is ALWAYS entered through a client program. Either UBI Gameservice (not many there) or Hyperlobby (the client program you downloaded from www.hyperfighter.sk) (http://www.hyperfighter.sk)). You don't start the game. The client program does that for you.

Sturmovik 1946 is a version of Forgotten Battles. At this moment you can have v4.07m or v4.08m
PF standalone is not played much anymore online.
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">all players need the exact same version to play</span>
v4.08m is played online by 99.99% (until v4.09m gets released). within 6 months you will not be able to find a standalone PF game. - Look at IL-2 Sturmovik (the original IL-2) at hyperlobby - that's the way it goes. The game and it's updates are A LOT less expensive than keeping your system up to date or your monthly internet subscription.

you DO NOT 'need' highspeed internet, although it DOES help - 56k will suffice. You can even host a game with 2 players well on 56k

The game needs about 10 kbps UPLOAD per player.
do a check at www.speedtest.net (http://www.speedtest.net) and do the math http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
It can supply you with a picture link to your results which can be pasted in your post on most forums including these http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Like this:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/156483859.png (http://www.speedtest.net)
Just click the picture to test your connection.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by shagran:
i did all what u said
but when the game started its said connected 2 the server
then its gave me Connection atempt to remote host failed. reason: timeout!!!!!!!!!!!!! <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">I'd guess shagran, that you have sorted your problem by now. You probably have V4.08, but tried to join a game using V4.07. Either that, or it was a COOP, which can't be joined once running, unless you use either method outlined here ==> http://www.raafsquad.com/msgbrd/viewtopic.php?t=1160
</span>

Originally posted by delsol7:
I'm getting run-time error 481 - invalid picture on HL. Anyone has solution to this? <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Refer ==> http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2437

</span>

RazgrizDemon58
12-24-2007, 01:49 PM
hi everyone, I've installed the patch but i cant connect to any multiplayer games in hyperlobby as it says i have a different version, and it says 4.07m on the splash screen.
Please Help

RAAF_Furball
12-29-2007, 08:15 PM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">
You need to install patch V4.08 from here (News) ==> http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php?skin=S2
NOTE that you want the 4.08 Patch - NOT the Dedicated Server.

Moderators - could you please copy the info in the above (News) post to here (download updates) ==> http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/updates.php
Thank you</span>

DarkCen
01-01-2008, 01:46 PM
\o

Hello. I just got this excellent game (PF + IL2 + LO:MAC). Sadly- without the expansions. I'm working on that- but it might be a while. What I'm wondering is...does anyone around here still play vanilla PF? And would be interested in flying with a rookie.

Cheers.

RAAF_Furball
01-01-2008, 10:36 PM
At the time of writing this, there are 16 playing vanilla PF via Hyperlobby.

DarkCen
01-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Any other popular ways to play multiplayer? It is not possible for me to open up port 21000.

Drewsta
01-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi guys ..I have a question. I had a wirless connection and was able to use the in game multiplayer no worries. I would create a session and load a coop mission i created and then I looked up my isp online. I then gave that to my friend and he clicked join a session and typed that isp and clicked join. It worked flawlessly and was alot of fun. Now i have ditched the wireless and have adsl again. For some reason now we cany connect to each other. We do everything the same but he can't find my computer or isp when he clicks join? Can someone please help!! Im guessing its my adsl connection thats stopping him finding my isp. Is it something to do with ports? I know it works and its something small stopping it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

RAAF_Furball
01-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by DarkCen:
Any other popular ways to play multiplayer? It is not possible for me to open up port 21000. <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Go to portforward.com re allowing port 21000.</span>

RAAF_Furball
01-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by RAAF_Furball:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAAF_Furball:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drewsta:
Hi guys ..I have a question. I had a wirless connection and was able to use the in game multiplayer no worries. I would create a session and load a coop mission i created and then I looked up my isp online. I then gave that to my friend and he clicked join a session and typed that isp and clicked join. It worked flawlessly and was alot of fun. Now i have ditched the wireless and have adsl again. For some reason now we cany connect to each other. We do everything the same but he can't find my computer or isp when he clicks join? Can someone please help!! Im guessing its my adsl connection thats stopping him finding my isp. Is it something to do with ports? I know it works and its something small stopping it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Several possibilities come to mind. BTW, when you say isp, (Internet service Provider) I take it you mean IP (Internet Protocol - your numbered address on the 'Net.

- have you installed a router? This could cause either of the following problems

- go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 to check that the IP you are giving your friend is correct. You may be giving him a 198.*.*.* IP, which is internal to your PC / network

- go to portforward.com re allowing port 21000

- is your friend putting :21000 after your IP number?

- try port 21001</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>