PDA

View Full Version : how well will work this shooting method for bob?

raaaid
06-19-2007, 11:12 AM
the idea is to bnz a hard turning plane

for that instead of using the gunsight id lean to a side as much as posible to have a better downward visivility and be able to calculate exact lead to shoot

ive seen that in bob you can even open the window and leaning the head have full downward visivility

but how much downward visivilty you have leaning the head to the maximun without opening the window?

WhtBoy
06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Just roll inverted and look-up. No need for downward visibility at all.

--Outlaw

Low_Flyer_MkVb
06-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Good point from WhtBoy.

As for cockpit headroom, everyone knows the 109 'pit was a bit cramped. Some problems there for wannabe Gallands...although Galland was a wannabe Spitfire pilot, obviously the Spit's roomy cockpit being a contributory factor when he unburdened himself to Reichsmarshall Goering. Well that and the Spitfire's general uberness.

Just thank your lucky stars you're going to be saved from being spoiled by the fantastic view afforded by the Westland Whirlwind's cockpit.

I always did like the window in the Stuka's floor though...gives a lovely view of the English Channel.

Philipscdrw
06-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Stick your head out the cockpit window. "Ah, there's that verdammt Hurricane, 400m below me, 11 o'clock. Rolling left, now. THUD, ouch, glad I was wearing that flying helmet eh, but the mechanics won't be pleased that I've just broken the canopy with my head when the sudden roll forced my head against the edge of the Perspex..."

Try driving a car along the motorway/autobahn/freeway/fast road - or better still, take the car to a racetrack - with the window opened 25cm/1ft and your head stuck out! (Wear goggles, be sure!) You'll be hitting your head against the frame!

Fox_3
06-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
the idea is to bnz a hard turning plane

for that instead of using the gunsight id lean to a side as much as posible to have a better downward visivility and be able to calculate exact lead to shoot

ive seen that in bob you can even open the window and leaning the head have full downward visivility

but how much downward visivilty you have leaning the head to the maximun without opening the window?

Why change a method that has worked perfectly well in battle for nearly 100 years?